Got Love handles!!! What works??? Try this....

Options
The best exercise for love handles isn’t side bends, like most people would probably think since they build the most resistance for your sides. Actually to make almost any exercise more effective, you just add resistance, that way you force your body to do more work at the same time. You should also supplement your effort by incorporating calorie shifting for total body weight loss.

So how do you go about adding resistance? Simple, take crunches for example (which are better than regular situps), you can do regular crunches and experience regular resistance, but if you add a 5 pound weight to your hands and rest that weight on your chest as you do the crunches, you will notice a lot more muscle contraction in your core area.

So what is the best exercise for love handles after adding resistance? That’s really up to you, pick a workout you enjoy doing and just add resistance, I like the russian v-twist. Take a 5-8 pound medicine ball, sit on your bottom with knees bent to make a v, and move the medicine ball from side to side in a consistent motion, this makes your love handles burn and stimulates weight loss. This is one of the ways how to get six pack abs.

I like to do about 30 repetitions of that exercise and about 4 sets, you don’t want to overdo it if you don’t workout your core that much, you can start wherever you are comfortable. Another great exercise to get rid of those love handles and build a leaner body is one where you need a partner. Lay on your back with your head between your partners’ feet and have him/her swing your legs down, preferably diagonally so that you can workout your sides to help burn off those love handles.

Good Luck Sweets...
~Rachel

Replies

• cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I will try this at the gym today!!
  • Thechiplover
    Options
    can i just say that you look fantastic!!
  • SaraSatin
    SaraSatin Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love the partner exercise you talked about. We used to do that at karate... come to think of it they probably still do but I don't go there anymore.

I second that you look AMAZING!
  • n3wlif3styl3
    Options
    can i just say that you look fantastic!!

I was about to say the same thing!!! congrats on the healthy transition :)
  • goelvira
    goelvira Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! You look fabulous!
  • crencibia
    crencibia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Girl, you look awesome!!!!! I have an awful time with my midsection so this is great info for me!!!
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    bump :)

And you look FANTASTIC btw!!!!
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    You look great! bump
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You look amazing! Congrats on your success!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Adding a little additional "twist" to the russian twist, try doing them on a stability ball (along with the weight/medicine ball). It's tough to balance when you first try it, but do it slowly and once you get it down it does a nice job getting your oblique muscles isolated and worked. Of course, you still gotta lose the fat that is creating your love handles in the first place if you want to see what those obliques look like :)
  • rodrigo75
    Options
    no sense stopping at 145. ...question....would you say the key to effective weight loss is exercise?
  • StarlaDesiree
    StarlaDesiree Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions! Don't forget cardio to help burn the fat off, though. My fave ab exercise is the plank. It really helps slim down my middle. Not necessarily best for love handles, but it really seems to help shrink my waist.
  • genie98
    genie98 Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Gonna try it!!!
  • belindawilli
    belindawilli Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip... You look absolutely amazing!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • cnkan0119
    cnkan0119 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info, will definitely be trying that.
  • Tonyajangel
    Options
    Thanks! I am going to do this
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Sitting on the floor or on a chair?
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    no sense stopping at 145. ...question....would you say the key to effective weight loss is exercise?

Yes most definately.. and it's not just a part time thing it's got to be a life changing one.. meaning you have got to make
    this part of your life for the rest of your life.. "Best Habit = Best Outcome"