SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo! - March 31

cp005e
cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
Good morning, all - just getting things started while I eat breakfast.

OK - I did my strength routine this morning, and am trying to decide if I am going to go running today or do yoga. I might save running for the weekend so I'm not doing cardio four days in a row... on the other hand, they finally added a yoga class at the Y on the weekend that I can make it to... decisions, decisions! Mary, it looks like Amazon is having a sale on fitness DVDs so I may pick up a couple of the Yee videos you suggested (the one with all 3 on on disc seems to not be available anymore).

It looks sunny today, so I expect to get a walk in after lunch. And I've got 1 cup of fruits/veggies down, 4+ to go.

Veggie boogaloo!

Replies

• cp005e
    Good morning, all - just getting things started while I eat breakfast.

OK - I did my strength routine this morning, and am trying to decide if I am going to go running today or do yoga. I might save running for the weekend so I'm not doing cardio four days in a row... on the other hand, they finally added a yoga class at the Y on the weekend that I can make it to... decisions, decisions! Mary, it looks like Amazon is having a sale on fitness DVDs so I may pick up a couple of the Yee videos you suggested (the one with all 3 on on disc seems to not be available anymore).

It looks sunny today, so I expect to get a walk in after lunch. And I've got 1 cup of fruits/veggies down, 4+ to go.

Veggie boogaloo!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    :sick: I'm not worth anything today. I hardly slept last night. I am thinking I have the flu. I was running a fever and aching all night. Once tylenol wears off the pain comes back. Alex is also nastified, so that's fun. He's not too sick to not go to tumbling, so we are going there this morning. I will need the rest of the day to recoup from that little outing. It looks like games and movies again today. Good thing Alex loves Nemo! :laugh:
    And just so you all know, I am eating junk for breakfast. I don't feel like making anything. I will throw a banana in there. :tongue:
    I keep telling DH to take me out back and shoot me but he said I didn't do it for him so he won't do it for me. :laugh:
    I hope you all stay healthy and have a blessed day!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Morning, pebbs.

Today I have a session with my trainer at 12, followed by re-writing and teaching two voice students.

Then, it's date night. This will most likely mean dessert. But, if the weather holds out. . .it will probably also include a long walk.

I'm excited about my new workout/day off thing. I did my calendar for the month of April. . .(I have a fetish about my colour-coded calendar.) This way I don't have to give any of my day-specific exercises up in order to get an extra day off. I'll see how it goes.

Wandering. . .I'm stealing your "mindful gratitude walk goal." I have a "gratitude journal" from olden times that has too much dust on it.

Take care of yourselves.:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Oh MM, feel better soon.:heart:
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Good morning everyone! Been gone for a little bit, I know. I didn't get too far off with the calories part, just the exercise. I've been so busy. Yesterday was supposed to be weigh in but I'm going for it today. Todays goals are to log my calories, ace my exam and go to all my classes since Im feeling a little tired.

Nicole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Hope you feel better soon MM.

CP - I noticed that you could get the three used for $19 on Amazon - the strength one has an arm balance or two - the stamina is the most accessible - I would start with that one. He has another video with strength in the title - I guess I rented it from Netflix, as I didn't rate it very well. My favorite beginner dvd is here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Conditioning-Weight-Loss-Deluxe/dp/B00004TKIC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1238507186&sr=8-1
    just because it has variations of the poses.

I did everything I set out to do yesterday. Today is probably walk/jog + yoga at home. I really need to develop my own practice. Maybe I should combine it with a moment of gratitude - thanks WL!

Be Bop Boogaloo,

Mary
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    I'm BACK!!!! With a vengance too :laugh: Thursday I came down with a stomach bug (watch out Melissa, felt the same way with the aches) and muddled through a very busy work weekend. Friday my husband had to pick up Ian early from daycare 'cause he started puking, then my husband joined the festivities on the way home. ROUGH WEEKEND!!!! :sick:

But, we're all better. I actually met calories yesterday (unbelievably tired of gatorade & crackers) and feel great today. Will do an easy workout tonight and start on track for April tomorrow! :bigsmile:

Need to go back & read all the posts... catch you all later!
    Arianne :happy:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    No tumbling today, which makes me sad for Alex since he likes it so much. He has a snotty nose. He even said he wanted to stay home and watch movies. Ha ha. Then later he said he wanted to go but it was too late. I think we both need another day of rest. I hope we can still go to his horse therapy tomorrow!

AD sorry you had such nasty stuff going on at your house over the weekend! Yuck! Thankfully this all seems to be in our heads and chest.
    Now I have to find something for lunch.
    MM
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Good morning all, and hope all the sickies feel better!

Well yesterday I said I was going to start back with some mild cardio...and instead I took my first spinning class in about four years. OMG. I was DYING (but loved every minute) and will be back again next week. Between that and some lifting yesterday I burned 900 calories. I skipped the "mindful gratitude" walk in favor of a very mindful and VERY grateful soak in the tub!

So, onward with my favorite Core/ Booty Boooogalooooo class at the gym today.

Other goals:
    * Limit my drinks this week -- I've been catching up with everyone I haven't seen since November and it's always over drinks. So only one glass of wine tonight and tomorrow night, and coffee for the rest of the catch-ups.
    * Take my vitamins
    * MORE water!
    * 8 hours of sleep
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Hi everyone,

Goals for today:

1) hydrate: I'm trying to suck back some now, one more glass and I'll meet my goal
    2) stay in cals:smile:
    3) eat two veg and one fruit at least: Well I had two fruit and one veg---no complaints
    5) Exersise three days-I managed 30 mins today:tongue:
    6) Work under 8.5: Not bad 9 hrs

Hope the sickies feel better, tomorrow is weigh in

dinner time boogaloo

Anne
  • cp005e
    Man, my hips are tight. Just finished Yoga Burn, which helped. Adding yoga into my routine is a good thing, I think. Maybe once I get a shorter routine I can fit it in more often.

AD, glad you are feeling better (again)! MM, I hope you bounce back soon.

Hubby brought home portobello mushrooms, tomatoes, leaf lettuce, fancy cheese, crusty rolls, and red wine for dinner. :happy:

Portobello boogaloo!