Do men generally care about stretch marks?

Options
withchaco
withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
I thought men usually didn't even notice those, until a few days ago, when my dad asked me, "how's your weight loss going?" ... followed by "good, what about the stretch marks on your calves? I'm a little concerned because you had a lot of those. Have they faded a bit?" :laugh:

HE cares more about my stretch marks than I do!

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend thinks they are cute. I have a little on my rear. He says theres something wrong when a woman doesn't have at least a little.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    my hubby is proud of my stretch marks cause it's proof that we reproduced! well, additional proof besides our demon spawn...

Demon spawn :laugh: . Goodness. At least I'm not the only one. :laugh:
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    My hubby acts like he doesnt care, but honestly I've been with overweight guys b4 and after they lost weight and I was very turned off by the stretch marks and loose skin so I can only imagine a man would be too. I don't think it would matter much if ur skin isn't loose tho bc I've been with thin guys with stretch marks and no loose skin and wasn't turned off by it. JMO
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Google Kat Williams Stretch Marks (language...but it's Kat Williams so of course).

I like his stance on it.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Um guys get stretch marks too! I know very in shape men that have them! And if a man has a problem with your stretch marks - screw him!
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My ex brought them up once...I think they do care...I guess it depends on the guy. It made me feel like crap though :( I'm kind of proud of them...they're like battle scars. I worked my *kitten* off (literally) for those!
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Go back, read your own profile, and you'll see why your father asked. Your father isn't the usual slob walking the streets. He's into fitness. He has a sound understanding that many women are concerned about stretch marks. As for me, a woman's stretch marks is the least of my worries. If she takes care of herself, I'm pretty satisfied.
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Google Kat Williams Stretch Marks (language...but it's Kat Williams so of course).

I like his stance on it.

hahah I've heard that before isnt it.. "either they were big and got small, or they were small and got big!! Either way we're still ****in ya'll" hahah LOVE IT!
  • rebsaganes
    rebsaganes Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Um guys get stretch marks too! I know very in shape men that have them! And if a man has a problem with your stretch marks - screw him!

I agree!
  • stephl81
    stephl81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It depends on the guy, Im self concious on my strech marks, saggy boobs and cellulite. blah
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    No, men don't care about stretch marks. They care about your body. Preferably naked. Holding beer or another form of liquor and hot wings. Quietly standing beside the TV that is showing a sport of some sort.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    I'm kind of proud of them...they're like battle scars. I worked my *kitten* off (literally) for those!

Well said!
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

I like his stance on it.

LOL. Just watched it. That is hillarious!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    they're like battle scars. I worked my *kitten* off (literally) for those!
    That's how I think of mine too! I'm pretty sure that when I have the toned body of an Amazonian warrior (without the missing boob), they WILL look more like battle scars than anything else.
  • socialite1
    Options

I like his stance on it.

THIS!!
  • NthnButMoonshine
    NthnButMoonshine Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    What happened to love beyond the physical? My body is rittled with them thanks to two pregnancies. I wear them proudly and my husband doesnt care one way or another. In my opinion, if they turn someone off, that someone isnt worth your time.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I'm married and we have a kid. The way I see it , they are a sign of what she did so that we could have our daughter. So, IMO, they are beauty marks.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    No, men don't care about stretch marks. They care about your body. Preferably naked. Holding beer or another form of liquor and hot wings. Quietly standing beside the TV that is showing a sport of some sort.
    This is so funny, but so very true.
    Emphasis on "silently"