Gym Chicks...

Options

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I have a certain face I put on at the gym I call it my "b*tch face" nobody bugs me!
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Always feel SO attractive when I sound like a wounded rhino... breathing super heavy and sweating...

OMG! I can't stop laughing!!! LOL!

But, I agree with most of the comments . . . go for it - as long as it's before/after the workout. And don't be the creepy guy. Think casual not stalker.
  • aneisiena
    Options
    I hate being approached while im working out. The gym is for getting sweaty not for getting sweet lol. But I guess at the end of my workout or while im stretching I wouldnt mind it.

Haha THIS ^
  • FitForeverAgain
    FitForeverAgain Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I know you're a foodie. Turn the convo to food and casually ask if she wants to go try that ..... place. If she doesn't eat interesting food, then you won't have to waste your time. Two birds with one stone.

Good call. I'm far from shy. So, how to do it isn't the issue. Just wondering about the general thoughts of being at the gym - where it's a bit of a sanctuary, and have some pervy guy ask you out! I just know I protect my gym time, and get frustrated by every little interruption, and she's pretty intense, too. Bad news is that when I'm town, we always work out at the same time - so bad night out = awkward workout the next day! Good news is that I'm not the creepy type!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    Always feel SO attractive when I sound like a wounded rhino... breathing super heavy and sweating...

OMG! I can't stop laughing!!! LOL!

But, I agree with most of the comments . . . go for it - as long as it's before/after the workout. And don't be the creepy guy. Think casual not stalker.
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    when i'm at the gym i'm wearing my rattiest shorts, no makeup, an oversized oscar the grouch t shirt or something similar, and NOTHiNG matches, not to mention i am slick with sweat and reek of eau de stank.

if someone were to approach me in the gym i would likely punch them in the face.

Or, you could take it as a compliment. If a guy sees you at your worst and still wants to ask you out, I'd say he's a keeper!
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wow, glad I never asked out a girl at the gym from some of these responses. Guess that might be because when I was single at at gym most women looked totally pissed off to be there, and you might have a killer body, but if I don't see nice in the face I am not going no where near you! :happy:
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Wow, glad I never asked out a girl at the gym from some of these responses. Guess that might be because when I was single at at gym most women looked totally pissed off to be there, and you might have a killer body, but if I don't see nice in the face I am not going no where near you! :happy:

That is the said "b*tch face" a defense mechanism so that we don't get messed with.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options

That is the said "b*tch face" a defense mechanism so that we don't get messed with.

which is practiced and i pull off quite well. i was born with this face.
  • snuffmomma77
    snuffmomma77 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    lol, im with some of the others on here, I know we are all there for the same reason but sometimes it is hard to concentrate when you have a hot, sweaty, bulging man right next to you, espically when your nasty and sweaty your self... just sayin...
  • AshjMusik
    AshjMusik Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Post-workouts stretches, water fountain or in the sauna(<-BEST!). Nothing more awkward than doing it b4 or during & then the rest of ur workout feeling like ur being sized-up or stalked *shivers*. Happy hunting!
  • Legalchica
    Options
    just dont be seen hiting on every chick in the gym before you get to her! YES it has happened.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do don't follow them into the locker room, I got in a lot of trouble for that one!
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I am anti-social at the gym unless I went with someone so I wouldn't want to be approached. However, if you've chatted a little bit in the past, I'd say you should be safe to ask her out.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Whatever you do don't follow them into the locker room, I got in a lot of trouble for that one!
    haha Yes, this. It could definitely be a problem!

My only issue is that I am married and have had men at the gym approach me... grrr. It'd be all fine and awesome if I was single. oOh well.
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Ha! now true story at Y a few months back a lady walked in and about 4 of us guys were changing, one pretty much out of everything and this lady walks in texting on her phone, looks up and says "OMG, I am so sorry" and turns and walks out. We all got a good laugh out of it.

Now you know if that case were the opposite and a man texting walked in a woman's locker room and said the same thing, the storm troopers would be there in minutes tackling you to the ground, labeling you a sex offender and your life pretty much ruined and definitely never allowed back in the gym!
  • FitForeverAgain
    FitForeverAgain Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    To clear up a PM I received...this is NOT the chick who stinks I posted about previously!!!
  • indycello
    indycello Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Just say hello and start up convo on something like the weather or comment on her Nike shoes or ask her what she is listening to on her iPod?

If I ever had a man approach me I'd probably turn red and get really uncomfortable. I'm not the approachable type!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options

Ha! now true story at Y a few months back a lady walked in and about 4 of us guys were changing, one pretty much out of everything and this lady walks in texting on her phone, looks up and says "OMG, I am so sorry" and turns and walks out. We all got a good laugh out of it.

Now you know if that case were the opposite and a man texting walked in a woman's locker room and said the same thing, the storm troopers would be there in minutes tackling you to the ground, labeling you a sex offender and your life pretty much ruined and definitely never allowed back in the gym!

So did you go out with her?
  • azQmaster
    azQmaster Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have a certain face I put on at the gym I call it my "b*tch face" nobody bugs me!

Might also be confused with the I have to POOP face!