Ladies...

Options
If or when you were around 225-230, what size do or did you wear? I am 20 pounds heavier than a friend...we are about the same height and I am in a 14/16 pant while she is in a 16/18. She is giving away her 2xl tops but they are too big for me ~ I wear a xl or a 1x (if it buttons, I have to do 1x because of the girls). Other wise, I can go w/ a xl.

Just curious. I know I have big bones. I wear a size 11 in shoes and when I was a size 6/7 in pants (when I got married), I wore a 8 on my ring finger.

**Edited to add** I am 5'6" and 226 right now.

Replies

• deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Here's a GREAT site that will answer this question for you. I love this site!

http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Everyone is built different i.e. hips wider or more narrow, larger or smaller breasts, wider or narrow shoulders, taller, shorter etc. So weight is only a small portion of what size you actually wear. My daughter and I are about the same weight yet she is a size bigger than me and weighs 10lbs less...the reason? I am taller

Just keep all that in mind
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm 251 5'6" and I"m in a 16/18, size 9.5 shoe and a 9 ring size. I started weight loss as a pear shape, made it to an apple shape and heading back to pear shape (which I think will be my natural shape overall). My tops right now are a L or XL
  • smairi
    smairi Posts: 10
    Options
    A friend and I are both the same height, weight and shoe size. She is a size larger than I am. I think the difference is activity level. I am a yoga teacher, and go to the gym regularly, she is pretty sedentary. So I am 'heavy', quite muscular, for my weight; she is the same weight but it's more fat, so she's physically bigger for her weight.

Does that make sense? It sounds weird when I read it back... ; )

Now back to taking that last 20 pounds off.....
  • kenzysmom
    Options
    My mother and I can be the same exact weight, she's about an inch taller than me but I will wear a size smaller than her at the same weight! I can't explain it, to look at us you'd think we're built the same but for some reason we're just not. Personally I think it's because I just carry my weight differently. I tend to get big everywhere. There's not a skinny part of my body where my mom tends to carry weight more around her hips and middle.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I'm 251 5'6" and I"m in a 16/18, size 9.5 shoe and a 9 ring size. I started weight loss as a pear shape, made it to an apple shape and heading back to pear shape (which I think will be my natural shape overall). My tops right now are a L or XL

I'm 6' and weigh 178, and wear a size 16! it's all madness i tell you!! :laugh:
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    i was pregnant when i weighed 220, but when i was 200 i was in a 14. everyone carries their weight differently.
  • IUgal44
    Options
    I'm 240 lbs size 18/20 pants, 8 1/2 shoe size, size 8 ring, and a L to XL on my tops. I say sometimes that I have an innertube around my waist for some reason it all likes to congregate there... ugh hoping to lose it soon!
  • jedi9393
    jedi9393 Posts: 121
    Options
    omg if i was 225 I would probably be a size 12! I am 278 and I'm a size 16-18. i'm 5'11
  • Lesley2800
    Options
    It is madness....I'm around 182 now and 5'4 and wear a 16W pants.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's going to depend. When I was 250 I wore a size 20. At around 225 I was about a 16. I have a big butt, though...
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    This one has of you have more muscle than fat and the other more fat than muscle.
    A friend and I are both the same height, weight and shoe size. She is a size larger than I am. I think the difference is activity level. I am a yoga teacher, and go to the gym regularly, she is pretty sedentary. So I am 'heavy', quite muscular, for my weight; she is the same weight but it's more fat, so she's physically bigger for her weight.

Does that make sense? It sounds weird when I read it back... ; )

Now back to taking that last 20 pounds off.....
  • hjeubanks
    hjeubanks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    you sound as if you might be very close to my size. i am 5' 11" and wear a 10 1/2 - 11 shoe and weigh roughly 210 right now and am in between a large/xl and 14/16 pants, more toward the 14 depending on the manufacturer. when i was about 225, i was in a 16, though tight, and xl. my problems are my hips and thighs and my stubborn dun-lap :( more time and hopefully it will be gone too.
  • dolphin9803
    Options
    I'm 5'2" And when I was 225 I wore a 22-24 in Pants and a 2x in shirts. Most of my weight is in the tummy, So in order not to look as though I painted everything on I went one size larger then what I really needed, I could have fit in to size 20 pants and 1x but everything was snug and I didn't like the look :) Now 17lbs lighter I could fit into an 18 but there again it looks like the waist is painted on and so I stayed with the 20s. When I wear jeans though I have the problem of the waist not fitting and the legs are huge. So I mostly stick to sweats...lol
  • ThePhoenixRose
    Options
    omg if i was 225 I would probably be a size 12! I am 278 and I'm a size 16-18. i'm 5'11

this is craziness!!! i think sizes are all a crap shoot!! like i said before, i'm 6' 178lbs and wear a 16!! dang...
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    The website suggested above it great!! As I don't think that you always have a clear idea of what you really look like, this site helps!!
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I do realize height plays a part in this :) Thanks for the responses!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    Options
    that website would be helpful if they had anyone who was the same size as me... damn stupid body shape!

but it's interesting to see what different weights at my size look like.
  • cpotter4
    cpotter4 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    plus it depends on how you like to wear your clothes. Do you like clothes that are tight to show off your new curves from losing weight or do you like your clothes to have a little moving room or do you like your clothes to be big on you for comfort?
  • hazedot
    hazedot Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm 213lbs and 5'6 and wear a UK size 16 both top and bottom :)