I've lost 92 lbs and I haven't stepped one foot in a gym..

Options
because my schedule doesn't allow for it! I work full time outside of the home and have two little boys, so every day is hectic. I started watching portions, eating clean and exercising. I don't have much of an excuse to not work out when I just have to walk down the hall to the living room!

I strive to work out at least 5 times a week, but have been pushing for 6. I am either up at 5am lifting weights, or hopping around the living room doing cardio after dinner and homework has been checked.

I try to plan ahead for extra busy nights and weekends. It's so easy to stop for fast food when I'm out and about, but I try to fix a protein shake before I leave or keep healthy snacks in my purse.

If I can do this, anyone can! As long as you have the drive and determination, you will go far!!

Replies

• tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    WAYYYY...TOOOO....GOOOO!!!!!!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Congrats!...You look fantastic!...WTG!
  • daram05
    daram05 Posts: 80
    Options
    Congrats and GREAT JOB! I started out the same way and worked wonders for me as well (I lost 20lbs in 3 months @ HOME). You look amazing and are truly an inspiration...Keep it up Lady!!!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Wow! well done, you look fantastic!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    congratulations to you!! you have done a phenomenal job!!! you look great :flowerforyou:
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wow you are amazing! Way to go!! I loved reading your story, thanks for sharing!
  • ocean134
    Options
    What a great store! Good work! I need a little motivation to get back on the wagon. A little depressed about how my clothes are fitting. Time to get back in the swing of things!
  • roosterblue
    roosterblue Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! I'm doing the same thing... working out for free! People try to get me to come to Zoomba classes and other things, and all I can think is, "Why pay $15 for a class when I can burn just as many calories on my own doing old aerobic videos or walking/jogging for a few miles?"

Great job!! I've lost almost 40 lbs myself, hoping to lose another 70 more!
  • truecaligirl
    truecaligirl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!!! Where there's a will there's a way...and you are living proof.
  • GymRatRaceRunner
    GymRatRaceRunner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger and vibrant now! Congrats!
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    That is impressive!! You look great!!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    so happy for you. keep up the great work.
  • KEN1013
    KEN1013 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: awsome job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is so motivating
  • BBBombshell
    Options
    Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    You look hot!
  • newbba43
    Options
    That's incredible! Such a great example of how some simple steps can help you change your life! Congrats and I hope you are enjoying your new self!!!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I've never spent time in a gym, either........there are so many FREEE ways of moving and losing weight (one of them being MFP and the awesome people here!)

92 lbs! Wow..........I'm getting closer to 15 and feeling pretty danged good about it, so I really salute you in your SUCCESS!

Keep movin' and groovin', people!

:tongue: :tongue:
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an inspiration you are. I'm not a gym person either. I actually rather like gyms, but I work full time and have two, young Standard Poodles, so I try to take them on two long walks twice a day, and I don't like to make them stay home alone any more than they have too. Do you work out with hand weights or do you have a bench? I'm looking for stay-at-home weight training suggestions.
  • Notfatand30
    Notfatand30 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow Steph that's an amazing transformation (been peeking at your photos!!!)! Well done on all your hard work, it's totally paid off!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!