Over 200 new me part 53 (open group)

Options

Replies

• Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Welcome haleyhyoung23!

Debbie, I would take it easy this afternoon. A root canal is no fun. I use to work as a Dental Assistant. I hated it. I am just not into teeth i guess.

mstahl, I hope things improve for you today!
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    welcome back snowflakes !!

So i was hoping for 2 lbs this week, and so far on tuesday i am already 2 lbs down !! Was soo happy..

I did day 3 of shred today, it is hard for me to do the jumping jacks and stuff with my knees. But i am trying my best

Cals - Under
    Water - bad
    Exercise - 50 min elliptical and 30 day shred.

Excellent job, snowflakes!
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Ugghhhh. Im over calories today, and i can totally feel it. It's my boyfriend(s birthday and I did ok today.....until I had some birthday cake :s I seriously lacked in water today, only got about 20 oz in which, now that I mention it, MUST be why I was EXHAUSTED this afternoon, and unusually achey. Tomorrow I start 30DS. Part of me feels I'm too big to bother starting, the other part feels that regardless, it'll do me good. Good night ladies, ill be back to being ME tomorrow. <3

I started 30ds this week and i am surely not doing it great, but i am trying to do it and that all that counts.

Let's try to check in with each other, hold each other accountable? Motivate each other :)

We can do this!!! I am 43 (heavy sigh) and dance my butt off (literally) to Just Dance 2!!! I love it, can "almost" do the moves and will die trying! As long as no one sees me I am going to wiggle until there is no jiggle!!!!
  • Momma24
    Options
    My little guy is not feeling too well today! I kept asking him this morning and he was "I am good". I wished he would just tell me things. Makes me sad sometimes.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hello my friends!

YAY New people! :flowerforyou:

YAY Snowflake! :love:

Checking in!

Friday :grumble:
    Saturday :noway:
    Sunday :angry:
    Monday :huh:

Today:
    Calories - over but not like the previous days of horror
    Water - good (and yes I count calorie free or vary low calorie beverages as water!)
    Exercise - bed to couch - repeat.
    Proud - I only ate half my weight in chocolate today. :sick:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Way to keep it real my friend! Hope today is looking up. I would like to share a 'well I can one up you' story but nothing can beat your last 72 hrs. sheesh...:noway: :blushing: :laugh:
  • snowflakes
    Options
    lildebbie You are going to trash those 270's here come the 60's! Keep up the good work. Hugs, root canal is a nasty word in my book. When my Dad was alive he would say that root canal is no different than having a cavity filled! WHAT?!?! I don't relate, hopefully it will be that easy for you.

shelle68 I have my jiggle going on with my wiggle right there with you. HA HA HA

haleyhyoung23 some quick easy things to carry with you is cut up fuit or veggies or nuts. Rotate around so you don't get tired of the same thing. Cook a big pot of yummy soup and freeze them into individual servings to take on the go. Make 3-4 kinds over a couple of weeks then you have a variety. Log ALL your calories and exercise and you WILL see changes. This is not rocket science just simple calories in vs. calories out. Take your measurements. As terrifiying and humiliating as that was for me as you start to tone and the scales don't budge the tape measure will be your friend.

momma24 I have told you before and I will tell you again your little man is so lucky to have you for his momma. Hugs to you and him.

muriah it is great to see the encouragment from you to help us be motivated.
  • Momma24
    Options
    Snowflakes, I have missed you so much! You are always the positive cheerleader with some good advice.

Here is my secret to weight loss this week. I don't like anything in my kitchen right now. NOthing sounds good. So I have been eating 1/2 a sandwich with some saltine crackers for lunch. Last night my 6yo son wanted my BIG piece of chicken. So I traded him.. It was hilarious here he is a little skinny guy eating a big ol pc chicken and I ate his little drumstick. My husband says "you cant eat just that and give him that big pc." I asked my hubby "Which one of us looks like they only eat to fuel their bodies?" hehehe.....Obviously not me so if he feels the need to eat the chicken I will let him. He had that with raw celery leaves and all. He is very picky so I am not sure why the leaves seemed appealing to him but I am not complaining. I have a hard time getting him to eat any veggies at all so I will take it. He also eats green lettuce leafs but they have to be the real green ones. Anyway the point is if I don't have the junk I like I don't eat much. And if the little guy is going through a growth spurt right now maybe he will keep stealing my food.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: haleyhyoung23 - My favorite trick is to keep lots of GOOD choices available and like Momma24 I keep the bad foods out of my kitchen! I love simple yummy things like good quality dark chocolate and the trader Joe's roasted flax seed peanut butter - not low calorie but SO WORTH THE CALORIES! I also love canned pumpkin! I can add spices and mix it with cottage cheese and it's AMAZING! It's low in calories and high in nutrients! I make Greek yogurt (or buy it) and mix it with high fiber cereal for breakfast.:bigsmile:

So far today is going MUCH better (thank God!) Work went crazy and everyone hit the chocolate but over all I didn't do too badly (OK I did but still within calories!):ohwell:

I managed to get to the gym for the first time since last Thursday. There was a voice in my head saying "oh crap -now we've fallen off the wagon - forget it you've been sick just skip it today." but I got up and got dressed and put in an hour before work. It wasn't a PRETTY hour but I worked as hard as I could. AND today I signed up for a Triathlon. :glasses:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I have had a really bad few eating days ... I didn't even track yesterday it was so bad! But I'm trying to get back on track today. I just had a minute to track for today and catch up on posts.

Welcome everyone new!

Mstahl - your rooster post made me laugh! I CANNOT imagine having to deal with that mess!
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Soooooo....today I sort of went over my personal calories, but not the calories MFP gives me.....So I guess I actually did well with my calories. To further rejoice, I smashed my water record two days in a row. Both days did 8 cups, now I just gotta do more than the minimum. However, with increased water comes, increased trips to the bathroom......UGHHHHH..... I wonder if I can count the squatting at the toilet for these water breaks as exercise! This week. I am so hoping to break past 234, cause that would mean I actually lost weight in October.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    hey girls.

Well good news !! I ended up just having to have a filling on that tooth. It was a big cavity and close to the nerve but the nerve was good. They had to treat the with some stuff but ended up just having to do a filling.

So was happy i didn't have to get a root canal or even a crown.

I did take the afternoon off , and rested cause i had several on that side and my whole face was numb the whole day.

Me and hubby did the bl last chance workout that I got... We did the warmup, last chance workout and cooldown. It had some other stuff i didn't do. But it was 40 min and did like 344 cals It was really tough, to me much tougher than the shred. No ab work all strength and cardio

cals - Right now under by 500 after my snacks
    Water - not much
    Exercise - bl last chance
    proud - that i am feeling good.
  • snowflakes
    Options
    Great going on staying within calories gals.

Lildebbie so glad you were able to have a filling and be done. My SIL has a cousin that lost a lot of weight and he credits the BL work out for helping acheive such good results. Keep it up. I love that you are doing this with your hubby.

Water: Close if not over
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes A different hour hike today and I'm feeling muscles that I haven't been useing as much bike riding. Yah, I'm SORE tonight.
    Proud: It feels good to be accountable, and happy to get my head focused on getting to a healthy weight.

Good and tired should be a good night sleep z-z-z-z
  • Momma24
    Options
    I would like to get back to exercise. I am down a little over 1 pound for the week. I have not been exercising with the exception of house cleaning. I took a very short walk maybe 15 minutes. My ankle remains swollen. I do not know what I did to it and NO I have not been to the dr. my mom has already bugged me about that. The woman can't seem to get through her head that I am 41 years old. she tries to "mother" me still. I guess I will probably be the same way. She also really wants me to lose weight. She won't say it but she implies it. She is afraid I am going to have a heart attack. She sent out one of those emails that startle you and she seriously kept calling me until she got a hold of me because she was afraid it would give me a heart attack. She said "I sent you an email then I got scared it would give you a heart attack at this particular scene in the email a monster is going to jump out and scream". REally mom??????????? Sorry I have had my coffee and no adult contact so I am rambling.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Snowflakes: Welcome back!!

BuxomBella: Welcome to the group! Roller derby is intense. That's so awesome that you compete!

Haley: Welcome to the group!

Melinda (mstahl): I'd most likely be vomiting during the rooster episode, too. To be honest, I don't think I could eat anything that I raised and considered a pet. When I was little, I remember sitting around the dinner with my family at my aunt's house. My sister asked where one of the cows were and everyone looked down at the steak on their plate. My sister was probably six and didn't catch on. I was able to eat it because it wasn't my pet, but I will always remember that moment.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Over...Applebee's for dinner and ice cream for dessert.
    Water: 88 oz.
    Exercise: None
    Proud: The boyfriend got fitted for running shoes last night and I see a spark of motivation in him right now. We didn't go for a run last night because it got later than we'd planned, but maybe this weekend!

Tonight I'm running about 4 miles with the running club and am looking forward to it. I can't believe my 10 miler is next week already!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Checking in for yesterday-
    Calories - under by about half my exercise calories :wink:
    Water - good* - around 100 oz
    Exercise - FINALLY back to "running" I tried to do 5K101 week one but do my slow run for the walking part and faster run for the jogging part. I ended up walking a little in the middle but I mostly ran! :ohwell:

Proud- I made a healthy dinner out of left overs. I sautéed cabbage and onion in a little olive oil, then tossed in some left over brown rice with quinao and a container that I THOUGHT was sautéed tofu with peanut sauce. The tofu mixture was sautéed tofu and steamed acorn squash... not what I was expecting but good none the less! I added in some more peanut sauce and it came together nicely :bigsmile:

So far today - NO CHOCOLATE! not a bad start.

Heather - Sirius was simmering on the stove and I couldn't use the stock for dinner. I think I'll freeze the stock and use it when I've forgotten the "cleaning" process a little *gag*:sick: I'm going to dice up the meat and make an Asian dish called "laub" (or something like that) tonight for an appetizer. It's supper spicy and mixed with green onions, lemon grass and some grain so I'm hoping it won't seem too "chicken" like. I'll let you know if I can eat it. :huh:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    So mstahl ... how did the appetizer go down last night?
    momma: My mother still has to 'mother' me too ... drives me nuts. I jokingly (and not so jokingly) ordered her out of my kitchen last weekend at my son's birthday party. When I'm around my mom I can sometimes appreciate how my daughter must feel - but my daughter is 17 and I'm 47! My dd and I got into it last night. Not only is she not swimming this month (long story - injury but also attitude), but she decided to sign up for only ONE day of work at her lifeguarding job. I had told her that if she wasn't swimming with her team we would expect her to work more - but apparently she missed that part of the conversation! So I told her last night that if she didn't sign up for at least 1 more day she would lose her car for everything but work. So she did sign up for just one more day but we got into a pretty huge blow up. She is completely out of any money she earned over the summer and borrowing from her friends to be able to go out with them. I've been trying not to give in and give her any money but I was stupid and gave her $10 this morning to go out for lunch today with a friend since they don't have school. I shouldn't have done it but I was feeling bad about our argument last night. Sometimes I don't like being mom to a teenage girl - it's hard to do the right things. :cry:

checking in for yesterday:
    calories: good
    exercise: good an hour of step
    water: not so good
    proud: I got back on track after a few bad days ... hopefully I can get the scale at least back where I was last Friday
  • muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Oh, today has been much better than the last three! My goal for today was TO EAT NO CAKE! I succeeded! Boyfriend and kids need to hurry up and get it gone! Because I've been so over in calories this week, and because it made me feel terrible, I planned to eat very lightly today. Cereal for breakfast, salad and yogurt for lunch, tilapia and squash for dinner. I'm below in calories today, but below in water too, and I can feel it! For exercise though, the kids, boyfriend and I played some basketball after my daughter's practice tonight. Lots of fun! I'm so proud of myself for sticking to my plan today. I almost want to fill in my food log the night before, so that I plan what I'm going to eat and will be less likely to stray :)
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Now my mouth is hurting :sad: i think yesterday i was still numb, but now the several filings i had on one side is hurting.

I skiipped shred tonight., but i did workout on the eliptcal at lunch

Calories - under 300
    water - 20 oz
    exercise - 50 min elip
    proud - that i think i got my mojo back !!
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Today, I did great with everything..........however the water nemesis is back again! After two days of doing 8 glasses, I managed 4 glasses today. Today was my off day for exercise, but tomorrow, I am back to exercising again.

Today I am proud that I am down to 233.8, when I started the week at 236.6. Still debating my goal weight.....(yes I am thinking about that.....), once I get to Onederland, I will access that goal.

In unrelated news....it was 50 degrees this morning in Florida! Seriously! Somebody better get some sunshine and heat here fast!
  • Shelle68
    Options
    I would like to get back to exercise. I am down a little over 1 pound for the week. I have not been exercising with the exception of house cleaning. I took a very short walk maybe 15 minutes. My ankle remains swollen. I do not know what I did to it and NO I have not been to the dr. my mom has already bugged me about that. The woman can't seem to get through her head that I am 41 years old. she tries to "mother" me still. I guess I will probably be the same way. She also really wants me to lose weight. She won't say it but she implies it. She is afraid I am going to have a heart attack. She sent out one of those emails that startle you and she seriously kept calling me until she got a hold of me because she was afraid it would give me a heart attack. She said "I sent you an email then I got scared it would give you a heart attack at this particular scene in the email a monster is going to jump out and scream". REally mom??????????? Sorry I have had my coffee and no adult contact so I am rambling.

Sorry, lol, all I could do is laugh at this. At 43 I have the same issues but its my father and he weighs way more than me!