Over 200 new me part 53 (open group)

Options
Okay Ladies, in celebration of a new month I have started a new thread!!!

This is an open group for ladies who have been, or are at this time over 200 pounds. I personally believe that being over 200 sets some different challenges to deal with. It is beneficial to be with ladies who can understand these challenges. We need to encourage and be weight loss sisters!!

As for what we are doing in October here it is:

We try to weigh in on Fridays and post our weight loss and percentages of weight loss. For those of you who aren't sure how to get your percentage use this calculator

http://menshealth.about.com/library/blpercentage.htm

Starting this Friday who ever has the highest percentage of weight loss will be our biggest loser and she will determine a challenge that we must all meet before next Friday. It could be drink water, a certain type of exercise, or what ever with in reason.

We are also needing to post every evening how we did on our calories, water, and exercise. Please list something that you are proud of as well. Here is an example

Calories:00000
exercise: 0000 minutes
Water: 000 ounces

Proud: I am proud that I did such and such today!

Remember if you can't do it daily try to do it a few times a week. I think it is good for us to be accountable and it is good to try to be proud of ourselves every day

So I say to all my "old" over 200 friends let us do well in October.

To all my soon to be friends (newcomers) Welcome and Jump right in.

Replies

• msmmrobinson
    Options
    I am in! I am starting over today and need all the encouragement I can get.
  • jmemornay
    jmemornay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've never been apart of a weight loss challenge so I'm excited!
  • moffee01
    Options
    I would love to join :-) Ive been on MFP since June 6th and have lost 24 pounds so far with 75 or so more to go. If anyone wants to add me I can always use more friends :-)

Kelly
  • DawnWendalynn1973
    DawnWendalynn1973 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    This sounds like exactly what I need!! I'm In!!
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Yay, welcome to all the new faces. I am excited to see what we can do this month.:flowerforyou:
  • Momma24
    Options
    Oh I forgot to mention that I am so proud of myself. I wanted so bad to run through a fast food drive through for lunch but I kept focused and came home. Now I am going to make myself a lunch that is so much better for me. See you all later, I have food to eat and work to do.:smile:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Welcome new faces!

Good for you Momma24 for skipping the fast food ... those are the choices that make all the difference!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Thanks Momma for the new thread and great job skipping the fast food drive thru! Those are the devil sometimes!!

Welcome all the new comers and to the "old" members...get your buns back here!!
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Sherry!!

I was just thinking "I need to get back to the board!!!"

Pregnant life is crazy, crazy... The last few weeks have been nothing short of chaotic! Including a wedding (not mine), a car accident, an 8 hour trip to the ER, and an engagement (mine!!), and a puppy surgery.

After a "stern talking to" from my doc, I need to get my *kitten* back in gear! So far, so good today :) Looking for some sort of exercise routine I can get into, ASAP.

OH!! AND... we go tomorrow to find out what kind of baby we're getting :) (Still seems weird to 'say'... hahaha)

Miss you all!!

-Teresa
  • Momma24
    Options
    Teresa, so nice to see you. YOU BETTER tell us what kind of baby tomorrow! We want to know. I hope the car accident did not involve you.

Okay so my lunch was 244 calories. What could I have got in the drive thru for 244 cals. Definitely not as much food as I ate today. I'm feeling kinda full.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Yay! Thanks Momma!

I just cracked and had three pieces of chocolate and 2 tbsp of peanut butter for a pretty calorific snack. It was delicious but now I'm no longer in-line for a deficit calorie day :grumble: On the up side I feel good! :ohwell:

Teresa - where to start? CAR ACCIDENT? PUPPY SURGERY? TRIP TO THE ER? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???:huh:

So far I'm holding onto my meatless Monday theme with yogurt for breakfast, mushroom pasta sauce over veggies (instead of pasta) for lunch and I'm planning on having bean soup for dinner. I made it yesterday out of a bag of mixed beans and smoked garlic and onions, along with a can of tomatoes and some vegetables. I'm hoping that Ken will bake a loaf of bread to go with it.

HELLO NEW PEOPLE PLEASE STICK AROUND!!! :flowerforyou:
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Jess - new haircut? Your photo is GREAT!!!!
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...!! I am totally in I love these challenges, the just give me more motivation, but my weigh in is usually on Mondays...is that ok? Or should I just weigh in on Fridays for this challenge? I have alot to lose and I am more than 300 lbs but so far so good on my weight loss...:happy:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Jess - new haircut? Your photo is GREAT!!!!

I just got a trim. It's my new highlights!! Thanks for noticing!! :heart:
  • Momma24
    Options
    Hi everyone...!! I am totally in I love these challenges, the just give me more motivation, but my weigh in is usually on Mondays...is that ok? Or should I just weigh in on Fridays for this challenge? I have alot to lose and I am more than 300 lbs but so far so good on my weight loss...:happy:

Hello, weigh in on Monday and post that weight on Friday is a good solution. Do you like that idea? Because we are pretty relaxed around here.:flowerforyou:
  • Momma24
    Options
    I am cleaning and doing squats in between vacuuming and dusting.hehehe it is actually kinda fun and I am sure my neighbors think I am crazy because I have all of my windows and blinds open and I will be walking as I clean and just stop and do some squats. I may throw in some wall push ups and lunges we will see.
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I can just weigh in on Fridays for this challenge, I am making more difficult than it is!! Thanks though nice to know its a relaxed challenge...just like me:wink:
  • moffee01
    Options
    Ok ending my day today

My Calories came in at 1,296
    My execise- 30 min on the treadmill
    Water -I dont track every drink I have but I would guess about 7 glasses :drinker:

And I am so proud of myself for joining this group. You all seem very nice and I hope to make some great friends!! :flowerforyou:
  • Momma24
    Options
    Mofee I am proud of you too! Sounds like you had a great day. I too, look forward to getting to know you and adding you to my weight loss sisters list:flowerforyou:

Calories: 1800
    Exercise: Squats and house cleaning
    water: Still drinking and will be where I need to be by the end of the day

Proud: I am proud that I did squats while cleaning. I think I will add more exercise in my cleaning regime.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    hello everyone.

Welcome all new faces.

I have to kick my but in gear, it has been way to long that i have lost and gained like the same 8 lbs. I can do soo good during the week and blow it all in the weekend.

Nothing to do but get my but in gear,

I am putting my goal of end of october to be 265. I have to get out of these 270's for good.

TOday -
    Cals - under
    water - 50 oz. Not great but alot of better than i did any last week
    exercise - 50 min - arc trainer
    Proud - That even i got back to the gym.