Over 200 new me part 53 (open group)

Options

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Happy Hump Day!! Hope everybody has a terrific day!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    checking in for yesterday:
    calories: 1,778 (goal 1600) - so I was a little over on cals but not bad, carbs 125 (goal is under 150) so that was good
    exercise: just a little walking
    water: not good
    proud: I really worked on more protein less carbs and I did well... PLUS I finally saw 219 on the scale this morning after being stuck between 220-222 for 2 months, yeah! Now if I can just keep it moving down!

Julie: Maisie is adorable! I so wish I could have figured out how to stay home with my kids. My husband did for a year with our first and I was very jealous.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,

Sorry I've been so MIA. I got a promotion at work (YEAH!) but that now means I'm working 10-12 hours days (BOO) while I'm figuring out the new role. Oh, and I'm pretty much still doing my old job too since I have to hire someone new.

Thanks for stalking me Momma and Allison. I'm tracking and trying to find ways to stay healthy with my eating (NO STRESS EATING!!) and fine time to exercise.

Miss you all!
    Laurenj
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hey nice to see you Lauren

Check in for today

Calories 1720 calories- a bit over my goal but still in weight loss mode so not gonna be too hard on hungry me today
    Water: YES
    Exercise: Not really

Proud: Well I am proud that I am headed in a positive weight loss direction for 3 full days in a row
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Hello girls.

Juile - Maise is soo adorable, but yuou know that already :smile:

well today i have decided to call an orthopedic doctor to see about my knees. My left one is the one that has been giving me issues for a few years now. My right one started to hurt (more than my left ). LIttle nervous about what they are going to say.

Today -
    Calories - over by 100
    Water - not good
    exercise -30 min elitp and 13 min weights
    Proud - we went to chikfila and i opted for the grilled chicken sandwich and the side salad vs the nuggest and fries i usally do. I did do the icre cream cone, but with everything i was only over by 100 and didn't have a great workout , if i had done my normal workout i would of been under.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of the new ladies! I look forward to getting to know you.

Sherry (Momma24): Thanks for starting the new thread and sending me a message about it. You've really become the leader and glue of this group and I appreciate it. You're awesome!

Theresa (tstout): Congrats on the engagement! Busy, exciting times for you. Hopefully your puppy is doing okay after his surgery.

Allison (purple): I feel your frustrations on the plateau. I've been on one since about April now. Boo! You'll rock the 10k on October 29th. If I can come up with the registration money, there's a 10 miler I want very badly to do. If not, I may volunteer with the running club to man one of the water stations. Volunteering for the water stations gives you money of future race registrations, so that would be nice, too.

lstpaul: I felt the same way about the weight loss challenge I did with Herbalife a while back. I knew for a fact that most of those in the challenge were doing unhealthy, dangerous things to win the challenge. That wasn't the type of weight loss I wanted, so I lost interest and will not be doing one again.

Lauren (elmox): Congrats on the promotion!

Last night, I went for a run to pound out some anger and bad mood. I don't know where the foul mood came from, but I've been in a bit of a funk off and on for the past two weeks. Anyway, on my way walking to the path I run on, I was annoyed by the fact that no one stops for crosswalks, which is required by state law here in Minnesota. Finally, a guy in a Cadillac stopped for me, but the driver in the car behind him locked up the breaks and laid on the horn. When that drive passed me, I yelled, "It was a crosswalk, *kitten*" (see the anger I was talking about?). Well, this punk teenager circled the block to come past me again and yelled, "You can't talk to me like that, you putz." Then he flipped me off and yelled, "Suck my C*ck." Being a smartass, I yelled back, "It's too small!"

I"m not real proud of the whole exchange, but at least I got the last funny word in. I realize it was a bad idea after yelling the first time, to smart off to someone when I was going for a solo run on a somewhat lonely path with no cell phone. But, we all make dumb choices sometimes. Luckily, no more came of it. I wish I had gotten the license plate and tracked down the kid to tell his parents what an A-hole driver the kid was. It was obviously daddy's car he was driving.

My run was the most difficult one I've had in a while. My calf muscles were super tight and it was screwing with my normal running form, I couldn't get into a rhythm and my foot started going numb because I had tied my shoes too tight. I was hoping to get six miles in, but only ended up doing 4-4.5. But, the run served it's purpose because it wore me out and put me in a much better mood.

Afterward, I went to the store for a few groceries I needed and then went out to dinner with my mom. I ate half what I normally would because I just honestly wasn't that hungry. No idea how that happened after burning 536 calories from the run, but I'm okay with that. I think part of it is the filling breakfast and lunch sandwiches I've been eating this week. It's cut down on the snacking and I feel better physically. And everything has full, delicious fat. Yum!

Tonight, the boyfriend and I are going to Cavalia (think Cirque du Soleil with horses)!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories:??
    Water: 96 oz.
    Exercise: 44 minutes running, 10 minutes walking
    Proud: That I turned to running outside to cure a bad mood instead of junk food and the television.

Sorry this got long! Have a great day!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Heather-What an ourburst!! That's not like you at all. Bad/foul moods will do that to you though. Hope today is a better day for you. Hang in there girl. If you ever need to talk I'm here for ya!

Momma-You are the glue of this group for sure. Definitely agree with Heather. Thank you for being such a rock for us here lately!! HUGS!!

Lauren-Glad you could stop in. Congrats on the promotion!! Hope things settle down for you soon.

Well I skipped kickboxing last night. Kinda regret it. Went to dinner with a friend instead. Shared a meal but I had been doing so good. Definitely going to the gym tonight!! I'm going out of town this weekend, pretty nervous about how my eating is going to go. :indifferent:
  • Momma24
    Options
    Heather and Jess, thanks for the sweet comments :blushing:

**************************TMI Alert it is kinda gross*************************************
    Good Morning Ladies, my wedding ring finger is finally better. I had an infection just under the skin at the tip. This concerns my hubby because I tend to get weird little infections around my various body parts. I suppose when I go to my annual exam I will mention it. A couple of weeks ago I got one on my leg. It was hurting so bad that I could hardly move around. I got a huge knot on my leg near what looked like a little scrape. Well here is the gross part. I took a hot shower and booooooom explosion of yes, puss. My husband freaked out and now thinks that if I ever have surgery I will get an infection and die. (maybe he is hoping) Any how I reminded him that our last baby was a c-section baby and I healed amazingly well. The dr.'s were absolutely amazed at my recovery. I think that part of it was I had a very sick baby in the NICU and I would get up every 2 hours and walk to the floor beneath mine to see my baby and nurse him. It just goes to show the power of exercise. The nurses swore that is why I recovered better than most because I never stopped moving.

Heather, how funny about your exchange with the young punk. But I agree you need to be careful people are crazy now a days. Yesterday, a young man pulled out in front of me and I had to slam on my breaks. I put my hands up in the air like "hey" and he flipped me off to my face when I ended up next to him. So as we go down the road we end up next to each other again and he is giving me looks. I rolled down my window and said, "You do NOT intimidate me and furthermore what is wrong with you flipping me off right in front of my little girl, show some class" All of a sudden the young man notice my very pretty teenager sitting in the passenger seat and turned RED! He was so embarrassed. I think he would have re thought his actions if he would have seen her to begin with but I am sure even though he made a bad choice he was a good kid cause he was so humiliated when I reprimanded him in my momma way.:laugh: :laugh:
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Helloo!!!! SO SO sorry for the tease on Monday! I am in the middle of planning my sister's bachlorette party and trying to figure out how to make a bridesmaid's dress fit me that does not agree with a baby bump haha..

SO! On to news: We're having a boy!!!! :) Henry Scott will be arriving sometime end of February :)

Work keeps me busy, busy, so I will keep you posted on how everything is going!
  • KDubMommy
    KDubMommy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I haven't checked in in a few days...
    Tuesday
    Calories: 1257 (goal 1300)
    Water: 50 ounces
    Exercise: nothing much other than running around teaching at school...I figured that has to be good for at least 20 mins

Wednesday
    Calories: 1700 WAY OVER! I feel gross...it wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have the super yummy spinach dip at the candle party I went to last night
    Water: 56 ounces
    Exercise: just teaching again.

Today will be much better for exercising! My trainer is coming to kick my butt for an hour of circuit training.

Its sad that I am almost wishing to get sick again because being sick means I am not hungry & not eat so therefore losing wieght. I had a nasty kidney infection 2 weeks ago & lost 5 pounds in 7 days. I was doing really well with not eating or at least not eating as much. I really REALLY want to break the 200 marker soon.
    I am really bad at getting out & exercising on my own...I wish I could figure out to fix that. I have the eating thing mostly down its just the exercising that is a struggle for me. I have an elliptical at home but honestly the only time I get on it is when my trainer is around.
    I am thinking about trying Roller Derby. My son's nanny who happens to be a close friend does roller derby & I have watched it. It looks freakin' awesome! I am a little intimidated because I haven't been on skates in close to 20 years but Jenn (the nanny) said it would be easy to get back to it. Practice is twice a week at night for 2 hours. I know i would burn some major calories. I just have to get the guts up to go...
    I am going to a bout (Roller Derby game) on Saturday in Huntington Beach. I will get to meet some of the girls on the team & hopefully get some courage to go to a practice.
    Ok time to get back to work....
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I would love to join this group. I try to keep very accountable to myself but am way to lenient when I don't

My Goals
    Staying under calorie goal:
    Excercise 5x a week (M, W, Th, Fr, Sat.):
    Water 80 oz.

Proud of self: Will fill in tonight.

have a great day everyone!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Momma24 (Sherry): Haha, love the reprimand you gave the kid. Hilarious and probably nicer than my exchange. Too funny.

KDub: Go for the Roller Derby! I think it looks like a blast, but I haven't been on rollerskates in about 23 years. Rollerblade, I could probably do because it's only been about a year since I've been on those.

Tstout (Theresa): Ooh, a boy! Now we'll get both little girl and little boy talk between you and Julie! Exciting!

RedNeckWmn(Jess): I tend to have outbursts, but usually in my car where the other people can't hear what I'm saying to them. I just couldn't stand that only 1 in every 10-15 cars in my town actually stop for pedestrians in the designated cross walks. I wish I could take down all of their license plates and have them ticketed. How rude. The lady who almost hit me on the way home was in a huge hurry to get her kid to the playground. I almost walked over and reprimanded her and asked how she'd like it if someone treated her kid that way, but since I was in a better mood I skipped it.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I posted more insight about yesterday's run on my blog:
    http://happierheather.com

There are some other new posts on there as well. I've been busy writing lately. My sweet boyfriend just became my first official blog subscriber. Isn't he sweet?
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi, im Jen and would like to be part of this group. I will post mostly daily, but sometimes life gets busy as im sure yall know.
  • moffee01
    Options
    Hey Ladies hope all is going good. Cold rainy gloomy day here and its sure making me sleepy :-(

Check in for yesterday.

Calories - 1221
    Exercise - 30DS level 1, 30 minutes on the treadmill at a 7% incline(work that booty :-) and it was our kids school Walk or Roll day. It encourages everyone to walk or bike to school. So we walked them. It was alot of fun and an hour walk!! So 115 minutes of exercise and burned 1032 calories!!! YAY
    Water- Did good

Proud: Well we bought donuts for the kids and grandma for breakfast. I really wanted one but stuck to my greek yogurt. There was 2 left this morning and after the kids left to school I threw them away so I would be tempted.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Hello Beautiful People! :drinker:

Checking in for Wednesday-
    Calories - under but I probably didn't count all of the mini Hershey's I woofed down during a stressful meeting. :grumble: I try to save wrappers so I have a count but I'm not sure I actually unwrapped all of them :embarassed: (mostly joking)
    Water - Pretty good - we've changed our water / drinks stuff at work and I'm still getting used to our new drink bottles.
    Exercise - not one bit. I got up late and skipped the gym, then didn't take time to walk at lunch :ohwell:

Proud - Meghan had a friend top over at dinner time last night so I split a salmon fillet with my husband and gave our guest a full portion. I was still hungry after dinner so I ate a cup of Greek style yogurt with some lemon juice and splenda added rather than ice cream!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! Welcome everyone who is new!

checking in for yesterday:
    calories: good (can't remember how many exactly because I used some exercise calories but not all)
    exercise: good - an hour of step
    water: not so good ... need to concentrate on this again
    proud: it was a hectic night but I made the effort to make a roast instead of fast food

heathermn: Thanks for sharing that you did an herbalife weightloss challenge before and didn't like it either, I was feeling a bit odd for signing up for the challenge but then not liking how fast everyone is losing weight. It is weird.
    That is a little scary that the guy you yelled at came back ... at least that was the end of the exchange. Momma - I love that you shamed that boy that flipped you off! He probably will think twice or at least look at the passenger before he does it again!

Have a good night all, I'm on my way to the physical therapist with my daughter. I think we may be done fighting about her wanting to quit swim team - she finally has a valid reason in that her knee injury isn't healing. I still want her to stay on as manager or something so that she isn't just 'quitting' midseason. It's tough because I know she didn't really WANT her knee to heal since she wanted to quit the team due to the fight she is having with the captain (an ex-friend) ... and I had told her that wasn't a good reason to quit. But I don't want to keep pushing her to swim with an injury that isn't healing either. So I guess I am probably going to give in. Hopefully she will find a way to get over her petty grudge and learn to deal with conflict in a better way - but I think I have talked myself blue about it all and I'm done (at least for the moment).
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Hello girls

Teresa - CONGRATS on the boy!!

Heather - sound syou had a rough day, hoepfully today was better.

Had a cruddy workout , my knees were aching again, curious what the dr is going to say on monday.

But i still did some

Today -
    Cals - under
    water - bad bad debbie
    exercise - 30 min elliptical, and 20 min weights
    proud - that even i have had a crappy day at work i still mkade it to the gym.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    looks like everyone is doing great!! I am still here going to go run on my elliptical for at least 30 minutes
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I want to thank each of you that welcomed me back or checked on me throughout my absence or even just merely thought of me.Its been a rough couple of months finding out my husband has diabetes and taking care of him.I have been slacking,no exercise eating poorly and just feeling sorry for myself.This cycle has to stop somewhere so today I decided no more enough was enough and I will meet my end of the year goal of 20 pounds or more if it KILLS ME!! My girls deserve better and most importantly I DESERVE BETTER!!! I am tired of fighting this FAT BATTLE! I Know how to lose the weight and what to do to lose it so I just need to do it already! NO more being lazy or making excuses I CAN AND I WILL DO THIS!!! It does make it easier with the diet restrictions my husband has he will not allow JUNK in the house which is good because I needed a push in the right direction.
  • Momma24
    Options
    Good Morning! I will be the first to weigh in:

Momma.................................-0.4.....................-0.14%