calling all 5 foot 9 inches ......!

Options
What are your weekly goals?....calorie intake? etc...im having a hard time....what works for you guys!??:happy:

thanks
samantha

Replies

• DeeKay2169
    DeeKay2169 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My weekly goal is to lose 2 lbs. Most of the time I manage it but if I don't I always make up for it a week/weeks later. I've learned not to count on the scale but inches. I do weigh in once a week to make sure it's not going up though lol. I do 1200 cals a day in order to reach that goal. I have several activities I do for workouts so I don't get bored or give my self an excuse.. ex. cardio at the gym, 30 day shred, some of the p90x dvds etc...
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    1/2 lb a week, 1780 cals a day. I'm at 160lbs. Oh...and I'm male.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i have mine set to lose a half a pound and lo and behold the scale has started to budge - *gasp*
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how much you want to lose etc... Im at 1500 cals now
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    im just shy of 5'9... but my goal is 2lbs per week, or whatever happens and mfp set it to 1400 sumthin.
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    I have it set to lose 1.5 lbs per week and I get 1450 cals per day for that. In addition to what I earn doing 60 minutes of TurboFire five days a week. ^_^
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    i look to burn 12,000 to 15,000 calories this week, ride at least 75 to 100 miles (mountain biking).
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    oh wait, im SOOOO not 5 foot 9...*slinks and backs out of topic thread* :)
  • MikeDailyIntake
    Options
    Goals:
    Gain 1 pound a week
    I'm Male and i eat 2,500 calories a day
    Strength training
  • clarainabasket
    Options
    i am 5'9, weigh 14stone-ish, want to be back to my fighting (pre 2 kids) weight of about 10.8ish.
    I am having 1200 calories a day,do no exercise (bar walking round with pram) often go over my target calories (mainly with booze!) i get a 'breastfeeding extra calories too though. only started last week; I lost 4lbs.

what are you now and what to you want to be.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 5'9 and I have 15-20lbs to lose so my settings are to lose 1 lb per week. It is my understanding that if do not have a lot to lose you should have your settings adjusted to lose either .05 or 1 lb per week. I am still playing around with my calories and exercise cals to see what works best for me. I am interested to see what everybody else says....

Add me if you want :-)
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 5'9. I started out at 186 and am down to 159, with my end goal 140 (but we'll see how I look as I get there and adjust accordingly).

I am still on 1200 calories per day, with my goal loss 2 pounds per week.

I find it extremely difficult to eat only 1200 calories per day, which is why, back in the beginning, I exercised so much (mainly to be able to eat more). Now, I really like exercising and do it for a bunch of reasons, especially since I've really started to see my body transforming. Lifting weights has helped a lot.

Basically, I try to eat lots of veggies, and make everything as low calorie as possible, while avoiding "diet", and processed foods. I drink hot herbal tea and water exclusively, and I drink a lot of it! Some days, I go over my calories, and I don't sweat it.

Good luck!
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Well it doesn't really matter what we consume... It really only matters what you want/ need.

How old are you? What's your BMR? How much do you weigh? What is your goal weight?
  • sms1986
    sms1986 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My weekly goal is losing 1lb a week, with a calorie goal of 2772, although it seems to be different tomorrow for some reason. I'm 218lbs, have a BMI of 32 and aiming to burn 6710 calories a week.
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    okay...so im 5ft8inches and one half...does that count??? :)

i have mine set too loose 2lbs per week...i get about 1400 calories per day and with exercise that adds on an extra 400 to 500 calories...which i dont eat back...

it also depends on how much you have to loose...i already lost about 90lbs before joining here last month but still have about 60lbs to go...if you have only a little to loose then you might want to aim for less then 2lbs per week....
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I get 1360 a day, set to lose 2 but usually don't. Sometimes less or more!
  • heybrit
    heybrit Posts: 140
    Options
    I'm a little under 5'9" and I just calculated my BMR and started to use that formula to calculate my caloric intake. My minimum daily is now 1600 where the max MFP was giving me is 1380. I exercise with the Couch to 5k program, walking and am starting the 30 Day Shred. I'm trying to lose 2 lbs per week but so long as I'm losing some, I'm okay. Be sure to drink lots of water (I got a lot of kidney problems recently in part to not uping my water intake when I started to exercise).
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Pound a week.. eat 1550 calories a day roughly without exercise and more like 1700 with exercise.

Do a combo of cardio/weight training and I'm 3 pounds away from where I want to be :)
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    1200 calories for me...I try to eat up to 1200...My MFP friends have been helping me with that. It is HARD to do!!. I dont have weekly goals. I have monthly goals. I am trying to lose 30 pounds by my birthday in January and then work on losing 10 pounds after that..and then for the rest of my life, maintain my weight and get toned. :)

I workout daily doing cardio and strength training intervals. I also run and I am addicted to lifting weights now lol. You can do it :)
  • I'm set to lose a half pound a week, and my daily goal is 1730. I get a lot of exercise, and don't usually get up to that number.