Signs you are working in a hostile environment

Options

Replies

• BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    1) when you have to work with the girl your husband cheated on you with.... True story!

OUCH. I feel for you there.

When your boss is in the Douche Canoe wearing his Asshat everyday.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    When your boss says that the time you missed while your mother was hospitalized and dying was "really hard on everyone here."

Yeah. I'm really sorry to inconvenience you all with that.
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    You don't say "good" morning to people when you see them
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    my old job...listening to this chick talk non-freaking-stop about all her drama, life, hubby, hair-styles, clothes etc...literally 7 hours a day. then complaining that she was so busy and never had time to do her work. SHUT THE EFF UP and get to work for more than one hour...you WOULD get your work done. she didn't last long....
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    1. When you have mental breakdowns on a weekly basis.

2. When you get told in your year review that you were expected to work more overtime, when you had been pulling 60 hours a week already.
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    when a coworker dies while you are on maternity leave because the bosses son who was supposed to be filling in for you wont do the job. true story :(
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    When you have a little mini voo doo doll for the boss :embarassed:

Great idea!! :wink:

Ahh...the little joys in life, most of the pins are stuck in his head at the moment :bigsmile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    When after not getting a raise in years, you finally get one... and it's for 5 cents an hour.

Thank you, Mr. BossMan. That two dollars a week will really help.
  • drog2323
    Options
    When after not getting a raise in years, you finally get one... and it's for 5 cents an hour.

are you SERIOUS? who the HELL gives that. I would have been out the door. what a slap in the face. I would have tossed that nickel in his face. what a CHUMP!
  • drog2323
    Options
    when a coworker dies while you are on maternity leave because the bosses son who was supposed to be filling in for you wont do the job. true story :(

damn....wow. :-(
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

I stopped, because they didn't respond. lol
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    When you have been keeping a death bed vigil at the hospital with your grandmother every morning before work and during your lunch, only to have your boss say, "are you going back to the hospital at lunch today" (lunch is still personal time, right??)? Because I need you to review some reports so we can send them out later today.

So you don't go that day....And that would be the day she died....during your lunch break.....
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    When you clock out to go home and start counting the minutes of freedom until you have to come back. Always a sign that its time to leave.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Same boss, talking *kitten* about you and the other 3 people that report to her on the phone...and she sits in a cubicle. Which doesn't have walls....so you hear everything.
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    When your co-worker throws things at you in a meeting.

we do that for fun here.. LOL
  • juscallmeb
    Options

are you SERIOUS? who the HELL gives that. I would have been out the door. what a slap in the face. I would have tossed that nickel in his face. what a CHUMP!

better than a 10% pay cut across the whole office.. 2 years ago..and nothing back at all to anyone..
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    when your going through a divorce and you hear on a regular basis " well you probaly desurved it , your always here working" HELLO i dont choose to be here 13 days in a row ...i have to cover your lazy *kitten*'s who call in "sick" when your really hung over .

or when you hear emplyees say the new girl looks like a crack *kitten*
  • juscallmeb
    Options

I stopped, because they didn't respond. lol

I say good morning and people will stare at me like i'm on something.. and then walk by me and not say it back.
    oh well.
  • KAT1892
    KAT1892 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    When a disgruntled, unpaid, contractor's mother contacts you as you are "office manager" (in title only) and implies explicitly that they are with the mob, dropping family names and telling you they have no trouble driving down to Philly to resolve the problem.
  • juscallmeb
    Options
    when you say "STFU" to your computer - after your boss floods your email.
    lol

when you want to punch the lady 2 cubicles behind because she's such a LOUD TALKER..