trying to hit 165

Spikedsteel
Spikedsteel Posts: 7
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hey hey im new trying to get to 165 pounds at 135 now. I find it hard to find high calories without getting too much sodium and Im not getting enuff fiber so any tips?

Replies

• Hey hey im new trying to get to 165 pounds at 135 now. I find it hard to find high calories without getting too much sodium and Im not getting enuff fiber so any tips?
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Have you try adding the weight gainer protein shakes that the body buliders use. They might help you out some. Use them as a snack.

Fiber-all flax seed-lots of colored veggies-fruits-lots of water-whole grains
  • I was gonna pick up a case of thoes instant breakfasts I was reading if you drink one as soon as you wake up and then eat breakfast a hour later is messes up your motabalism and you gain faster.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Raw nuts are a calorie (and fibre) powerhouse.

You can easily get two hundred calories in a handfull. :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    My husband used to do competative body building.
    I would make him
    8 egg whites with whole grain toast for breakfast
    Then he would work out and drink a gallon of water
    snack-protein shake and fruit
    lunch-1 can tuna out of can and brown rice
    snack-protein shake and nuts
    dinner-8oz of chick or turkey, 1 cup brown rice or 2 red potatoes, all the salad he could stand and 2 cups of veggies
    snack-peanutbutter or some other form of protein.

It never did anything to his motabalism. He only used it for snacks, never as a meal replacement
  • markfloyd
    markfloyd Posts: 69
    You need to get some high quality Whey protein for hard gainers loaded with Carbs.
This discussion has been closed.