• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Doom Generation..w/ Rose Mcgowan

Requiem for a Dream
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Pump Up the Volume - an early 90s flick with Christian Slater. Loved it and loved the soundtrack.

I LOVED that movie. I have seen it a billion times and I used to own the soundtrack. Wonder if it's still around here somewhere...
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    drop dead fred , its one of my favorite movies ever and hardly anyone i know has herd of it

Wow are you serious?! This is one of my favorite movies from childhood ever. It's up there with Beetlejuice for me. It's so nostalgic!

Completely agree two of my favorites!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Valley Girl. That is a totally awesome movie!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Pump Up the Volume - an early 90s flick with Christian Slater. Loved it and loved the soundtrack.

Yes! Hard Harry :laugh:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Lucky Number Sleven - one of the BEST movies EVER but no one ever knows about it, which is weird b/c it has Bruce Willis and Morgan Freeman in it. It's a total mind job movie like Fight Club. Love it!

Love this movie!!
  • Booboo78
    Booboo78 Posts: 169
    Options
    The Myth

Starring Jackie Chan, spoken in a mixture of three languages: English, Chinese and Hindi.

It has a great Indiana Jones feel to it, fantastic special effects, about past lives and the Terracotta Army.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365847/
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options

Early Nicholas Cage...................mmmmm.

A rather unheard of Cage movie that I really enjoyed is "Birdy", with Matthew Modine. Very impactful film about two guys who have very different lives after coming back from Vietnam. Highly recommend it.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My favorite movie of all times is Smoke Signals.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

Good one, specially cause I was born in Encino and grew up in the Valley. Totally gnarly.....
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Romantic comedy-The Truth about Cats and Dogs... LOVE this movie.

Also, huge fan of musicals, and though people have heard of them, mostly have never seen them: Brigadoon is one, and my fave is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Jekyll & Hyde Together Again

I've never heard my parents laugh so hard. No one ever knows what I'm talking about when I mention that movie though!
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Primer
    Waking Life
    The Purple Rose of Cairo
    Pi
    Dark City
    I'm Not There
    The Passion of Joan of Arc
    Black Robe
    Any Charlie Chaplin movie
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Bella

Synopsis: A man whose life is about to be changed forever discovers that sometimes it takes losing it all to finally appreciate the things that truly matter in director Alejandro Monteverde's emotional tale of self-discovery.

I saw it several years ago then went out and bought the movie. I LOVE this movie.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Dogma. Absolutely superb film :D
  • jsiler181
    Options
    Meet The Deedles! Its a really lame movie BUT my younger brother and I LOVED it when we were kids and I love Paul Walker! I recently bought it crazy cheap on Amazon.ca!

You very well may be my favorite person ever. I LOVE that movie no matter how awful it is. To this day, I say "That's so diculous, it's REdiculous".
  • jsiler181
    Options
    My big one is Dish Dogs. Matthew Lillard and Sean Astin are traveling dishwashers (no, really). The movie itself is pretty horrendous but it made me fall in love with Lillard so it has a special place in my heart.

The rest of my faves are movies that lots of people have seen (and possibly love) but no one I personally know has any clue what I'm talking about when I mention them:

The Third Man
    Meet Me In St Louis
    The United States of Leland
    Suspiria

to name a few...
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Idiocracy. Mike Judge is a genius!
    Brawndo. Its what plants crave.
  • Jebw123
    Jebw123 Posts: 24
    Options
    Buckaroo Banzai.

:)

OMG!! I haven't even heard this movie mentioned in years, never mind seen it.

I am going to have to go looking for it.

Great call!