Broccoli/Feta Fat Loss Recipe

Options
meemo88
meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
2lt2hdw.jpg

It difficult it is for me to get excited about veggies and that I need to find more delicious recipes to stick with a diet that will support my training and health... here is a good recipe.

2q80adv.jpg

Ingredients:
1 bowl chopped broccoli (1 and 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
3 egg whites
1 small onion
1 medium green pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt, pepper, cumin, red pepper flakes

Directions:
Put olive oil in pan to heat up. Add chopped onion. Sautee until transparent. Add chopped broccoli and green pepper. Cook until soft. Add the egg whites and spices and mix all together until egg whites are cooked. Sprinkle dish with feta cheese.

I entered the info in the recipe builder and this whole thing is for 1 person and it is 328 calories and has 24 G of PROTEIN!!

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    this looks yum!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    This looks awesome, but what are the little white bits (not the feta), is it rice? Corn? pine nuts? I want to try this!
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    This looks awesome, but what are the little white bits (not the feta), is it rice? Corn? pine nuts? I want to try this!

pine nuts. but the calories i put are without the pine nuts so if you include them you should add the calories for that
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Can't see the pic, but it sounds really good. I printed it and will be making this next week. mmm
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ExYoYoGirl
    Options
    This looks great, thanks for sharing it! I love Feta and I like the addition of pine nuts; I have only used those when making pesto but I look forward to trying this out!!
  • mindfulmunching
    mindfulmunching Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!! This looks like a new dinner fave!!!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    2lt2hdw.jpg

It difficult it is for me to get excited about veggies and that I need to find more delicious recipes to stick with a diet that will support my training and health... here is a good recipe.

2q80adv.jpg

Ingredients:
    1 bowl chopped broccoli (1 and 1/2 cups)
    1/4 cup reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
    3 egg whites
    1 small onion
    1 medium green pepper
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    salt, pepper, cumin, red pepper flakes

Directions:
    Put olive oil in pan to heat up. Add chopped onion. Sautee until transparent. Add chopped broccoli and green pepper. Cook until soft. Add the egg whites and spices and mix all together until egg whites are cooked. Sprinkle dish with feta cheese.

I entered the info in the recipe builder and this whole thing is for 1 person and it is 328 calories and has 24 G of PROTEIN!!

this looks fabulous!
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bump!! yummy
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    bump! looks delish!!
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    YUM! Thankyou for sharing!
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bump- I need to try this! Thank you!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love broccoli and feta! I had a salad for lunch w/ broccoli, spinach, broccoli cole slaw, topped w/ chicken breast and feta cheese. Yum!
  • SraM562
    SraM562 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    BUMP