Do men generally care about stretch marks?

Options

Replies

• MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My hubby doesn't mind mine and they aren't even from his kids lol.... I however can't stand the things even though they are tight. I remember how the "old me" looked with no marks. Mine are all below my belly button though, except for a couple on my thighs. I was really self conscious when we got married (we did things right, and no, he hadn't ever seen me naked until our wedding night) but he was trying to be sweet and said they were sexy LOL no, no, they will NEVER be sexy to me!!! haha
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my hips and I didnt realize my shirt was up a little and some guy was like, "Hey is that a tattoo? It look like flames." .................. Hmm... Yea I dont have any tattoos...

So I want to know what guys think about them......Like from a man's perspective...
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    If my hubby finds them disgusting he hasn't said anything. I sure as heck hope he doesn't either because stretch marks sure beat the alternative.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    What happened to love beyond the physical? My body is rittled with them thanks to two pregnancies. I wear them proudly and my husband doesnt care one way or another. In my opinion, if they turn someone off, that someone isnt worth your time.

Exactly this! I have stretch marks, quite a few, I've had twins boys and my daughter. My husband thinks I'm sexy just the way I am. Stretch marks and all!
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I don't like having them on my body. But they don't bother me at all on a woman.
  • jbrautigam24
    jbrautigam24 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have a few stretch marks from my pregnancy. I don't see it as that big of a deal and my boyfriend doesn't either. If he did, he'd most certainly get an earful! He KNOWS not to go there!
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    I thought men usually didn't even notice those, until a few days ago, when my dad asked me, "how's your weight loss going?" ... followed by "good, what about the stretch marks on your calves? I'm a little concerned because you had a lot of those. Have they faded a bit?" :laugh:

HE cares more about my stretch marks than I do!

If they have eyes .. they notice .. of course they do...That would be typical .. What is not typcial is mentioning it. Much the same as the 'spare tire' and 'sagging boobs' or grey hair and wrinkles.

They might mention something that could be a sensitive subject if they are concerned about a health issue .. but when it comes to just appearance .. I'm thinking they would rather slam their thumb with a hammer than bring it up to someone they love, for fear of getting negative reaction.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    My boyfirend's reaction to my stretch marks was something to the affect of, "Hey look. I have stretch marks like that, too!" granted, his are from growing upwards, but it doesn't bother him. :) I have to say, though, I was kind of unnerved when he first pointed them out.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    They generally don't bother me. Hell, I got a few as well
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    podojxg1es1h5h2.jpg?imageId=21559711

Either my husband doesn't care about them...or is smart enough to act like he doesn't care about them. :laugh:
  • Tammylyn117
    Options
    No, men don't care about stretch marks. They care about your body. Preferably naked. Holding beer or another form of liquor and hot wings. Quietly standing beside the TV that is showing a sport of some sort.

Too funny! Probably true, but very funny!
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    My husband always assured me he would always love me/want me no matter what. Then I got pregnant with our first, and that was LITERALLY the end. I was very self conscious about my scars - stretch marks and a fresh C-section scar. He said that he didn't want to see it and never again would look at me without clothes. We conceived our second with me pretty much dressed, in the dark...and that was after I'd lost about 40 lbs - no sagging skin.

Kind of like how people assume all men like pregnant women because they look "radiant", or how men just want sex. It depends on the man, but if you're lucky he really WILL love you no matter what, and he will especially still love you if you give him kids.

And you are still married to him?

Yep. He's a good dad, just a butt of a husband. In it for the kids but that's about it. :smile:
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    My husband always assured me he would always love me/want me no matter what. Then I got pregnant with our first, and that was LITERALLY the end. I was very self conscious about my scars - stretch marks and a fresh C-section scar. He said that he didn't want to see it and never again would look at me without clothes. We conceived our second with me pretty much dressed, in the dark...and that was after I'd lost about 40 lbs - no sagging skin.

No offense, but I think your hub needs to meet some of my professional fighting friends...
    :explode:

He ever turns into a butthead with the kids and I may take you up on that :devil:
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I'm married and we have a kid. The way I see it , they are a sign of what she did so that we could have our daughter. So, IMO, they are beauty marks.

Love this :)
  • wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    No, if you care about her enough, it doesn't matter. Plus, we men have them, too.
  • Jebw123
    Jebw123 Posts: 24
    Options
    Personally, I am much more critical of my own stretchmarks than I am of any woman's.
  • ajm07
    ajm07 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    They care about your body. Preferably naked. Holding beer or another form of liquor and hot wings. Quietly standing beside the TV that is showing a sport of some sort.

haha, it's pretty true.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

No offense, but I think your hub needs to meet some of my professional fighting friends...
    :explode:

He ever turns into a butthead with the kids and I may take you up on that :devil:

My friends travel all over the US and nothing pisses them off more than hating on beautiful women. Let me know! :drinker:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I'd only care it they were around the lips.............................
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    my hubby is stick thin and has them on his butt never been big, he cares less about his and cares less about mine lol