Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds 6 Week Plan?

Options
Has anyone tried this 6 week walking plan along with the gym and diet? I love here dvd's and I use them on days like today I couldnt make it to the gym. I get a really good workout doing some of the advance dvd's. I just was wondering if anyone has done this? The book says you'll lose 15 lbs fat and gain 5lbs muscle and lose a huge amount of inches. I was thinking of throwing this in to my schedlue Just wanna get some feed back on it if I can Thanks

Replies

• newarkco05
    Options
    I'd like to see the replys to this as well. I've thought about buying the set but I already had some videos and was hoping I could just use those and modify the program if I could figure out how much has to be done.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have tons of here walking dvd's and do them often. In fact last night i did her 3 mile walk.

I know she is coming out with some new dvd's, I sure hope they are different because they all seem to be the same
    to me just some a little longer. What book? I didn't know she had a book.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    :smokin:
    bump
  • Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the 6 week plan but I used the 4 mile Dvd 3 years ago and I lost 30 lbs in 2&1/2 months. Leslie Sanson's DVD's are great!
  • BrendaPetersen
    BrendaPetersen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I haven't done this one, but do use her DVD's daily and love them all :) Let me know if you do it ok?
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Just finished doing one of the Walk the Walk DVD's for my exercise this evening since it's raining here. I also have the Firm Walk DVD which is good for toning. Had not heard of the set you mentioned. I enjoy these when I can't get outside.
  • catlady100
    Options
    haven't hear of the plan. I do have her 4 mile dvd.. I have to wonder how much muscle you can gain just by using those resistance bands.
  • jlm962
    jlm962 Posts: 64
    Options
    I have been using her 5 mile DVD and I like it. What does the 6 week plan involve? I might be interested in doing it with you if you are going to do it :)
  • tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hey well I shouldnt have said I was thinking about doing it lol I started doing the advance fast walkers 6 week program. The 1st week you start with 6 miles total by the 6th week your doing 15-20 miles. I actuaally have 6 dvd's and my fav so far is the 4 really big miles I like to jump to mile 3 it's a 10 minute mile with a lot of jogging and walking mixed in. Gets my body going! I will def let everyone know how it goes the only thing that sucks is my last week is the week of thanksgiving! But I refused to give in or give up over the holidays!!
  • tpt42087
    Options
    I have been using her 5 mile DVD and I like it. What does the 6 week plan involve? I might be interested in doing it with you if you are going to do it :)

There is a basic starter plan for beginner's, A advance plan and also a plan that counts steps. im doing the advance plan. If anyone would like I can POst what you do, Like the whole 6 week plan just let me know what plan you'd like to do.
  • jlm962
    jlm962 Posts: 64
    Options
    Between Leslies's Walk @ Home (5 miles) and Biggest Loser Power Walk (4 miles) I am making my goal of 35 miles this week :)
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options

There is a basic starter plan for beginner's, A advance plan and also a plan that counts steps. im doing the advance plan. If anyone would like I can POst what you do, Like the whole 6 week plan just let me know what plan you'd like to do.

Sure i would be interested in the plan since i have so many of her dvd's already. Where did u get this plan or did it come with your dvd set? Can you post both plans in case we want to do both ? Thanks
  • tpt42087
    Options
    Between Leslies's Walk @ Home (5 miles) and Biggest Loser Power Walk (4 miles) I am making my goal of 35 miles this week :)

Thats good! I have a goal of 35 miles this week too! Im gonna keep doing the plan and see who things go. Im still doing all of my other workouts and walking but this I'm doing a night after I get my kids to bed and tthe house is quiet! Good Luck!
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options

WHat does the biggest loser Power walk consist of? Is it walking like Leslie Sansone?
    Thanks
  • hglmin
    hglmin Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Where did you get this plan at??? I would be interested in hearing about it :)
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have the 4 mile challenge DVD... and it is about 1 hour for the 4 miles- but I'm not entirely sure what to log it as... since it's a bit more than just walking.
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I would be intrested in hearing more about the 6 week plan I have tons of her dvds
  • minnow54151
    minnow54151 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I really like watp work out dvds, but get mad when they come out with what they call a "new" set & really they just put together some of the older work outs into a new packaging & I end up buying somethig I already have. I normally burn the same on leslies workouts as I do walking outdoors (I think I have all of her workouts), but when I want a bigger calorie burn I use hip hop abs or rockin body, for an even bigger burn I do turbo jam or turbo fire, & for an insane burn its insanity. ( I track all my workouts with a bodybugg so my tracked calorie burn is very accurate) Just depends on what your in the mood to do & how much effort you want to put into it. I have worked out with Chalene Johnson on Chalean Extreme & come very close to throwing up. (not something I want to do everyday.) Everyone is different but for those who really like to walk (I do) you will really like Leslie's wo!
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I really like watp work out dvds, but get mad when they come out with what they call a "new" set & really they just put together some of the older work outs into a new packaging & I end up buying somethig I already have. I normally burn the same on leslies workouts as I do walking outdoors (I think I have all of her workouts), but when I want a bigger calorie burn I use hip hop abs or rockin body, for an even bigger burn I do turbo jam or turbo fire, & for an insane burn its insanity. ( I track all my workouts with a bodybugg so my tracked calorie burn is very accurate) Just depends on what your in the mood to do & how much effort you want to put into it. I have worked out with Chalene Johnson on Chalean Extreme & come very close to throwing up. (not something I want to do everyday.) Everyone is different but for those who really like to walk (I do) you will really like Leslie's wo!

lol, totally understand what you mean about working out with Chalean Johnson... she's pretty tough.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    I have the 4 mile challenge DVD... and it is about 1 hour for the 4 miles- but I'm not entirely sure what to log it as... since it's a bit more than just walking.

You can log it as Areobics and I entered mine by adding the name of the dvd and her name so that it would be there anytime
    I do it. Im sure you will find it already listed in the items under cardio