What to serve with liver?

2»

Replies

• kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    My parents use to make us eat Liver...... Me and my sisters HATED . My mom was one that wouldnt let you up from the table until we ate everything on our plates. Well on Liver nights I slepted at the table....

Even the smell is horrible...... But it is healthy.:wink:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,144 Member
    hee hee... I was pretty prould of myself!
    " a nice Chinati..."

I really wanted to be the first to right that ! :laugh:

Dang! Beat me to it!

But it wasn't liver, it was fava beans!
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Strange as it sounds

Peel two oranges and fine cut the skin and fry with a little oil, add some good Irish stout and then the liver, cook so its still pink !

Now that sounds lke a liver lover! lol
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: liver!!!! I have it with onions and brown rice and side dish of tomato cucumber salad!!!:love::love:

This sounds like an awesome meal idea. I'm going to have to try it soon:)
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Damn!! I forgot about the fava beans!!!
    " a nice Chinati..."

LOL it's the first thing I thought of too! "...Fava beans and a nice chianti" :laugh:
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Liver is an awesome superfood -- especially from grass-fed/pasture-raised animals. Beef liver is a bit strong tasting for me, but I blend it up and add it to meatballs (about 1 oz liver for every 3-4 oz meat) and no one is the wiser.

If you like it then I would keep eating it the way you were eating it but work it into your total calories.

If you're interested, I just made this chicken liver pate today and it is delicious! http://balancedbites.com/2011/05/easy-recipe-chicken-liver-pate.html
  • " a nice Chinati..."

Quite nice...Quite nice!!! hahahahahaha
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    My favorite with ANYTHING!!!! Asparagus: drizzle lightly w/ olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. bake at 350 for 10 min. crispy like fries and YUMMY!!!
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    You could serve it with brown or wild rice instead of the potatoes? You could even still make it a gravy. I use cornstarch to thicken up gravy rather than flour. Also some steamed or roasted in the oven (really delicious!) veggies would go great!

And a Simvastatin chaser for me, dang it!
  • Kidney?
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: liver!!!! I have it with onions and brown rice and side dish of tomato cucumber salad!!!:love::love:

Sounds awesome! I'd love to eat some of that.:love::noway: :flowerforyou:
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions (and jokes) guys.
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Saute it, add a low calorie barbeque sauce. Serve with cole slaw made with no fat mayo and fresh sliced tomatoes.