pissed and frustrated

Options
13»

Replies

• cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Being pissed can be used to your advantage. Just remember two words - BIG PICTURE!

Thanks
    You are welcome. Just remember to keep the scales of time in perspective. While it would be nice, to consistently drop 3lbs per week, it is not realistic. But if you could only drop 3lbs a month, how about 5lbs per month? It adds up. In one year, you could very conservatively be 40lbs, to the good. That's the BIG PICTURE. If you have an unhealthy three days, guess what? You will awake on the fourth day, with a whole new set of choices, and opportunities, to do battle with your body. Once you get over the initial hump of self doubt, and see a 5 or 10lb loss, the war gets way easier, and you will get way more motivated. So, hang in there and get that first 10lbs., before you even think of falling into the self doubt, and beating yourself up. You CAN do this! This is the point that your mind, and thoughts are far more important than your workout, or caloric intake. Get PISSED, and go out there and kick some *kitten*!
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    Being pissed can be used to your advantage. Just remember two words - BIG PICTURE!

Thanks
    You are welcome. Just remember to keep the scales of time in perspective. While it would be nice, to consistently drop 3lbs per week, it is not realistic. But if you could only drop 3lbs a month, how about 5lbs per month? It adds up. In one year, you could very conservatively be 40lbs, to the good. That's the BIG PICTURE. If you have an unhealthy three days, guess what? You will awake on the fourth day, with a whole new set of choices, and opportunities, to do battle with your body. Once you get over the initial hump of self doubt, and see a 5 or 10lb loss, the war gets way easier, and you will get way more motivated. So, hang in there and get that first 10lbs., before you even think of falling into the self doubt, and beating yourself up. You CAN do this! This is the point that your mind, and thoughts are far more important than your workout, or caloric intake. Get PISSED, and go out there and kick some *kitten*!

VERY WELL said! :drinker:
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options

Thanks

VERY WELL said! :drinker:

I agree! THANKS! :happy:
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    P.S. - Don't put too much into the whole "fasting will kill your metabolism" thing. As a person that has eaten a few too many calories in my day, there is no way that somebody who has gotten way over weight, is going to fast enough to slow your metabolic rate. Just can't happen. You will eat when your body makes you eat. I don't see all the contestants on "Survivor" going into metobolic shutdown. They scramble for the bare minimum of food, while actually doing the "hunter" "gatherer" routine, that we humans used to do until the early 1800's. Do they lose weight? Absolutely. If your ticker says you should get 1500 calories for the day, and you only eat 1100, so what? Just get those first 15lbs., and get on a track of good nutrition, and an exercise routine. Always make sure that good food choice are available, at ALL times. I have come to realize that weight loss is about 50% mental, 25% nutrition, and 25% exercise. Make your mind right first, and figure out what your motivations are, and what your traps are. That part took my two years of doubting myself, seeking my own excuses, and trying to seek affirmation from others. When all along the answer was me. This site is great to be inspired by people who are facing your exact situation. Read the boards, if you don't think it's 50% psycological. Once people face their own realities, (whatever they may be) they begin a fantastic change. They lose 10, 15 lbs, and begin to believe. What they are believing in, is themselves. I wish you the best, and hopefully you get ready to do this, and I see you again, celebrating your VICTORY! Big Picture- Months, years, a lifetime.
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    I just thought I'd point out that "pissed" means hammered / sloshed in British slang, and that gives the post a whole new flavor.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why activity goals vs weight goals are valuable. Focussing on what you can do, and how you are changing, and fixing things that don't work and consistency. These are things that work. A couple of years ago I lost 22 kgs, but it took 18 months. So what? I did it sustainably, got fit and did what worked for me. Did a couple of days or weeks send me completely off course? No because I knew only by quitting would I fail.

Hugs and wishes for a better tomorrow.

GG