Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Options

Replies

• idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    This was said a while back by Kate Moss. It was a big deal at the time, and did not help her image and the message she was conveying to the young girls. I do not agree with it, i allow myself a treat from time to time.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    we realize this is a kate moss quote that was a pro-ana mantra for a while, right?

UH, "for a while" Still is!
  • ilookthetype
    Options
    YAY! Let's promoting disordered eating!

:angry:

Hey, do you think doing THAT again would help me lose these last 8 pounds???

Nah, you need HCG for that!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I think next time I see the Save the Children commercial on TV I will call them up and tell them "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options

If you can get to a hot yoga class do it. I started going a month ago and had stalled my weight for over a month at 6lbs to my goal weight. i have been losing 1lb a week now. and i have only been going twice a week.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I dunno, have you ever tried Haagen Dazs dulce de leche ? Pretty orgasmic.
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Definitely do not feel that this saying fits me. I want to be strong. For me skinny means weak. Nothing feels as better than being able to lift, move, run, stand, dance, hold longer, heavier, faster than i ever could. Plus i love food. Eat the freaking cookie just dont have all of them. lol

Totally agree. When I was a teenager I wanted to be 'skinny', so I became skinny, easily--I quit eating. I felt so weak and grumpy all the time I really missed out on a lot. Now of course I'm overweight, but I want to be FIT! I want to be able to run at the drop of a hat, chase my kid all over the place, go hiking for fun and not feel like I'm dying halfway in!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    First, that saying is used in the pro-eating disorder world, so you'll see a LOT of distaste for it here. Second, it implies that looking good is more important than eating. And third, yes, being strong, fit and healthy is better than skinny any day.

YES.

I've been there and I don't ever want to go back.

OH and have a frickin' cookie! It won't kill ya or automatically put on another pound. Everything in moderation.

well like i said i had one today. I was just proud that i waited so that i would stay under my calories:flowerforyou:
    You realize it's more so about the net calorie deficit across time, not one 24 hour period. You go over a little one day...maybe go a little under the next...no big deal, unless you're OCD and have a tick about it...
  • SummerFun2011
    Options
    I think next time I see the Save the Children commercial on TV I will call them up and tell them "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

Well starving and skinny are 2 different things.

I honestly did not know this was a pro ana quote! Im sorry everyone :sad:
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

maybe they could just eat one of those bugs flying around them, lots of nutrients. But, just ONE.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

i doubt she meant it like that, this comment was not needed.
    but i do agree with not seeing food as your enemy... but i dont think she does.
    just focus on eating healthy foods hun and reaching your calorie goal and getting plenty of exercise!
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    no. many foods taste amazing. really pleasurable.

skinny feels... well, like you don't eat.

healthy seems to find the middle ground.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

I figured you didn't. I didn't at first either.

Call off the dogs everyone!
  • ilookthetype
    Options

just focus on eating healthy foods hun and reaching your calorie goal and getting plenty of exercise!

It is a well known pro-ana slogan. It promotes disordered eating, if she didn't know/mean it that way she needs to be informed.
  • ilookthetype
    Options

It is a well known pro-ana slogan. It promotes disordered eating, if she didn't know/mean it that way she needs to be informed.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

If you can get to a hot yoga class do it. I started going a month ago and had stalled my weight for over a month at 6lbs to my goal weight. i have been losing 1lb a week now. and i have only been going twice a week.

its in 2 weeks, 3 days.... So, I need rapid fast. I am not sure I can fit anything else in my life at this point with all the other workouts, training sessions, work, home, kids, home workouts. Heck, even my home hasn't seen a good cleaning in a while. I am only looking to lose 3 - 8 vanity pounds, so it if I don't, I'll will be ok. But, I appreciate the thought!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: aww its ok
    That quote and "real women have curves" are like nails on chalkbord to me,I was attacking the quote not you lol
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Keep your skinny, Im staying with my muscles.
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: aww its ok
    That quote and "real women have curves" are like nails on chalkbord to me,I was attacking the quote not you lol

HAHA! Oh I'm so glad to hear someone else say that...especially when it's usually obese women that say that...you can't be a small-framed woman, get fat, then start saying that! WHAT IS THAT!

...I also think it's insulting to naturally thin women. ><
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Um...if it were between LOVE/SEX and skinny, I wouldn't choose skinny. ;p But I do want to be healthy enough to enjoy my other activities at peak performance!