Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Options
13»

Replies

• ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Um...if it were between LOVE/SEX and skinny, I wouldn't choose skinny. ;p But I do want to be healthy enough to enjoy my other activities at peak performance!
  • SummerFun2011
    Options
    I think next time I see the Save the Children commercial on TV I will call them up and tell them "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

Well starving and skinny are 2 different things.

I honestly did not know this was a pro ana quote! Im sorry everyone :sad:

:flowerforyou: aww its ok
    That quote and "real women have curves" are like nails on chalkbord to me,I was attacking the quote not you lol

ohhh okay! haha that is a bad saying too then!

What kind of quotes do you guys like then? I don't want to seem to support ana :O
  • londanfudd4eva
    Options
    i think some people took your comment waaay too wrong! when i read it i just thought u meant feeling good about yourself when u lose weight is better than how som fattening food tastes! and having the self control to say no just helps you to feel better!:wink:
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Keep your skinny, Im staying with my muscles.

Right on!
  • SummerFun2011
    Options
    i think some people took your comment waaay too wrong! when i read it i just thought u meant feeling good about yourself when u lose weight is better than how som fattening food tastes! and having the self control to say no just helps you to feel better!:wink:

this is exactly what i meant! Opened my eyes tho :flowerforyou:
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    YAY! Let's promoting disordered eating!

:angry:

i doubt she meant it like that, this comment was not needed.
    but i do agree with not seeing food as your enemy... but i dont think she does.
    just focus on eating healthy foods hun and reaching your calorie goal and getting plenty of exercise!

It is a well known pro-ana slogan. It promotes disordered eating, if she didn't know/mean it that way she needs to be informed.

next time, actually explain what you mean rather than barking an insult at someone. you can inform people without being rude.
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Nope, sorry. I have had some incredibly swoon-worthy food. I allow for anything as long as it fits my calories.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I don't really have nay quotes for food, i think those are the potentially unhealthy quotes. Instead I focus on fitness related ones :D

My fav is: Train insane or remain the same
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    YAY! Let's promoting disordered eating!

:angry:

i doubt she meant it like that, this comment was not needed.
    but i do agree with not seeing food as your enemy... but i dont think she does.
    just focus on eating healthy foods hun and reaching your calorie goal and getting plenty of exercise!

It is a well known pro-ana slogan. It promotes disordered eating, if she didn't know/mean it that way she needs to be informed.

next time, actually explain what you mean rather than barking an insult at someone. you can inform people without being rude.

first of all, she's not a dog, therefore she did not "bark" an insult at the OP or anyone else. She made a statement. That was how SHE felt about the quote, period.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I think next time I see the Save the Children commercial on TV I will call them up and tell them "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

Well starving and skinny are 2 different things.

I honestly did not know this was a pro ana quote! Im sorry everyone :sad:

:flowerforyou: aww its ok
    That quote and "real women have curves" are like nails on chalkbord to me,I was attacking the quote not you lol

ohhh okay! haha that is a bad saying too then!

What kind of quotes do you guys like then? I don't want to seem to support ana :O
    "Never trust a fart" - Me
  • hippotx72
    Options
    I agree with many of you who aren't fond of this quote. I actually do not like it at all, not only because I have no desire to be skinny, but I just don't like the message it sends in general. I decided a long time ago that I would rather focus on what my body can DO (because I will one day be ridiculously STRONG and healthy when I unleash my inner athlete!) than on meeting some societal standard of how I'm SUPPOSED to look (skinny). Sorry if you disagree, but those are just my thoughts on this quote.
    Oh, and a favorite quote about food--"Let's eat!" =)
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I prefer the "Nothing tastes as good as tequila feels" version. Maybe it's just me, though.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Soooooooo very true!!! :)

Just editing as I read some posts. I think the comment means that if you are ALREADY eating healthy and excercising and you have a huge chocolate cake in front of you, to excercise self-control and not sabotage your STRONG body that it feels better not to have the cake as i always feel STRONGER, healthier and thinner in the morning if I refrain. That's what I think the phrase means. I have heard Chalene Johnson (turbojam/turbofire) say it as well. Just a saying, not that you are skinny weak.
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    absolutely! :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I find this to be so true!

You have never had bacon.

hahahahahahahahahaha

skinny isnt a look i am going for, so plenty of things taste nicer than skinny to me... like the cheesecake i ate last night for example!