Hydroxycut - supplements

Options
Hello,

I am fairly new here - just wondering if anyone has tried hydroxycut and what the results were. I bought a bottle last week - thought I'd see what, if anything it would do besides cost me 20 bucks. I do exercise, and I watch what I eat, so I am not relying on pills - just looking for a little added push.

thanks

Replies

• crimefighter2
    crimefighter2 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am fairly new here - just wondering if anyone has tried hydroxycut and what the results were. I bought a bottle last week - thought I'd see what, if anything it would do besides cost me 20 bucks. I do exercise, and I watch what I eat, so I am not relying on pills - just looking for a little added push.

thanks
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Hello,

thanks

since the 20 bucks are so easy...send me $20 and I will tell you the deal on these pills
  • crimefighter2
    Options
    didn't say the 20 came easy!

it sure left easy though.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    didn't say the 20 came easy!

it sure left easy though.

in that case...my experience with weight loss/fat burners is they are overpriced caffiene,,,,not all..but most...I prefer good fresh ground coffee
    good luck
  • mandyc1108
    mandyc1108 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was going to say the same thing as Dave. My husband wanted to try that and he asked his doctor about it and was told it is nothing but really caffine and it *can* do more harm than good to your body (if you have problems with caffine like I do).

General rule of thumb- beware of anything that claims to make you lose weight faster, make you leaner, or anything of that nature. It really just takes good old fashion exercise and watching what you eat.
  • skermit23
    skermit23 Posts: 31
    Options
    I love the Hydroxcut Drink Packets :happy: They seem to work for me as far as curbing my appetite. So, if thats what you were looking for then I think it will help.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    from what i've heard, they only serve to make you jittery. keep a close watch on your heart rate. the pills can potentially spike it to dangerous levels.

edit: i can't spell:grumble:
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I found they just made me really anxious.
  • andrepwalker
    Options
    I have been on it for a couple of days. It has curbed my appetite. But, sense I got the caffeine free, I don't get the jitters.
  • oOLunaStarOo
    Options
    My husband tried 'em once, under the impression of his buddies that it was like a concentrated energy drink. He said he felt like his heart was gonna pound outta his chest =/ . If you want caffeine, get something not so extreme. :wink:
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    They're great in the beginning, but I found them to make me very anxious and depressed when I came off them. I stopped taking them and went through a weekend of almost non-stop exhaustion, feelings of worthlessness and tears.
    I took them recently, and also a long time ago, when they had ephedra in them.
    If you decide to take them, taper on and taper off.
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    I took it for MONTHS with exercise and never saw any results. Just like everyone else here seems to say, just pricey caffeine.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Before I realized that the only way to lose and maintain weight loss was by actually eating healthy portions of healthy foods and exercising, yes - I tried them.

They did absolutely nothing but lighten my wallet by 28$ (what they cost back then)
  • PamKay
    PamKay Posts: 19
    Options
    My boyfriend tried them and they did NOTHING, nothing at all. IMO they are a waste of money.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    push((((((((((( There, consider yourself pushed, and I won't charge you $20.

My friend too Hydroxycut and it not only made her anxious - it made her really angry. She had a very difficult time controlling her temper. She quit taking them after her husband told her it was him or the pills.

The thing about saying that you're just looking for a push is this.... if you haven't tried eating right and working out by themselves - how do you know you need a push? Our bodies are amazing pieces of machinery, engineered to work perfectly when given the right amount of fuel and "driven" properly... we just screw it all up by overfueling too often and refusing to allow it to "work"... what it's intended to do.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I took one pill a year ago. My heart felt like it was going to spin out of my chest, and I couldn't stop shaking. My husband was about to take me to the ER as I felt like my head and body were spinning out of control. I might have just had a bad reaction to them, but I would advise you to stay away!
  • Shadowpaws
    Shadowpaws Posts: 109
    Options
    Thinking back on it, I do remember feeling odd while on them; lightheaded even. Haven't taken them since.

I do take One-A-Day Weight Smart vitamin/weight loss supplements though. It's got vitamins I need; and less caffeine that I don't need. Green tea supplies that for me.
  • crimefighter2
    Options

My friend too Hydroxycut and it not only made her anxious - it made her really angry. She had a very difficult time controlling her temper. She quit taking them after her husband told her it was him or the pills.

The thing about saying that you're just looking for a push is this.... if you haven't tried eating right and working out by themselves - how do you know you need a push? Our bodies are amazing pieces of machinery, engineered to work perfectly when given the right amount of fuel and "driven" properly... we just screw it all up by overfueling too often and refusing to allow it to "work"... what it's intended to do.

Ok. Thanks. I started keeping track of my weight in July, and I've lost almost 40 pounds - just seem to be lingering at the 35-40 pound marker. I am following the advice of "eat less, move more" - its working.
    I bought a bottle Friday - started taking them. I haven't had the problems mentioned here - I felt like I had more energy to a point - and was more wide awake at night. I knew it had caffeine - I wasn't worried about that. I thought the green tea extract etc would help. I wont buy another bottle. I started taking some fish oil pills, but - that's just to reduce my cholesterol. Thank you all for the replies.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options

Ok. Thanks. I started keeping track of my weight in July, and I've lost almost 40 pounds - just seem to be lingering at the 35-40 pound marker. I am following the advice of "eat less, move more" - its working.
    I bought a bottle Friday - started taking them. I haven't had the problems mentioned here - I felt like I had more energy to a point - and was more wide awake at night. I knew it had caffeine - I wasn't worried about that. I thought the green tea extract etc would help. I wont buy another bottle. I started taking some fish oil pills, but - that's just to reduce my cholesterol. Thank you all for the replies.

Wow! Congratulations on your weightloss! That's awesome! I hate plateaus... it seems like if we're continuing to work out, eat well and do what we've been doing - our bodies should keep responding the same way too! LOL! I'm glad that you haven't had any of the side effects... I know some people are more sensitive to caffeine than others.

Fish Oil is really good for your brain too. My son, who is dyslexic and has ADD started taking fish oil pills a few months ago and he's able to focus and process information so much better now... and since I homeschool him - I'm SOOOO thankful!

Keep up the good work!
  • heather93277
    Options
    my husband took hydroxycut back when they first came out... he definitely had more energy, but none of the horrible side effects other people have experienced. because of his increased energy, he was able to work out harder and longer, so it was a good thing for him.

I would say the best thing is to listen to YOUR body, not anyone else's... and no supplement will give the results you seek if you aren't putting the extra effort in as well :happy: