Awesomeness!!!!
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on this milestone! :flowerforyou:
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I am on week 3 of the Hal Higdon 5K trainer and I am still in the walk some/run some stage, but the walks are getting shorter and the runs are getting longer. I did two miles earlier this week in 28:20 which for me was an awesome pace and you are blowing me away so keep it up!

Someone else said on here, and I apologize I can't give them credit, but "NO matter how slow you are you are still doing laps around those on the couch".

Oh my gosh, that sounds amazing!! Keep up the great work! I know you will get there soon... and I can't wait to see your post under "success stories!"
    That is a fantastic quote- and so true! We have to get up and move our butts, no matter how in-shape we aren't! :D
  • shovav91
    Options
    Thank you all SO much :D It means the world to me!
  • digitaldigital
    digitaldigital Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's super kickin I hope I can get to that point some day :)
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    this is awesome. I hated running in high school as well. I only ran when it was required as part of my PE class. I think we had to run a mile once and I hated it. Even when I was working out after high school, I didn't run. In late May this year (after I stopped telling folks I couldn't run for one reason or another), I decided to give running a try. Its not my favorite thing, but its a nice goal setting activity. It motivates me to work towards goals. I'm currently up to 3.5 miles and hope to get up to 5 miles one day.
  • mmocarr
    mmocarr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Congrats on your run sometimes there is no better feeling. I completely agree that if you want to build up miles you will. When I first started working out I made a goal to run for five minutes and I couldn't. After being a serious runner in high school and an athlete all my life it was one of the most defeating experiences of my entire life. BUT, I used that to motivate me. I've been working on it for about 1.5 years now and completed a 12 mile run not too long ago :)

Keep it up

Meagan
  • shovav91
    Options
    this is awesome. I hated running in high school as well. I only ran when it was required as part of my PE class. I think we had to run a mile once and I hated it. Even when I was working out after high school, I didn't run. In late May this year (after I stopped telling folks I couldn't run for one reason or another), I decided to give running a try. Its not my favorite thing, but its a nice goal setting activity. It motivates me to work towards goals. I'm currently up to 3.5 miles and hope to get up to 5 miles one day.

Wow! That's quite a long way to come... I'm impressed! Keep up the awesome work- Hopefully one day I'll see you at 5 miles! :D
  • shovav91
    Options
    Hey!

Congrats on your run sometimes there is no better feeling. I completely agree that if you want to build up miles you will. When I first started working out I made a goal to run for five minutes and I couldn't. After being a serious runner in high school and an athlete all my life it was one of the most defeating experiences of my entire life. BUT, I used that to motivate me. I've been working on it for about 1.5 years now and completed a 12 mile run not too long ago :)

Keep it up

Meagan

You're such an inspiration... Thanks for the encouragement! I really hope to make it that far some day :D
  • mmocarr
    mmocarr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    you will!

Let me know how your next run goes
  • mainesm
    mainesm Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! My first ever 5k was last weekend I was done in 40mins! I have another this Sunday. I use to hate running too... Some days I still do. But lately I've been loving it. Somedays I out run my dogs :-) Keep it up! You wil get that 10k one day and you will also be able to run a full hour without stopping. :-)
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a huge accomplishement:) I am working my way up to running. I'm running my first 5k in two days..
    I doubt the people at club thought you were weird..LOL Last week I was running at the club around the track, when I finished in my recored time.. I started cheering..LOL hahahahah with a huge grin on my face:)
  • shovav91
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! My first ever 5k was last weekend I was done in 40mins! I have another this Sunday. I use to hate running too... Some days I still do. But lately I've been loving it. Somedays I out run my dogs :-) Keep it up! You wil get that 10k one day and you will also be able to run a full hour without stopping. :-)

Wow! You made great time! Good luck with the one on Sunday, let me know your time! Thank you so much for the encouragement! :D
  • shovav91
    Options
    Congratulations! What a huge accomplishement:) I am working my way up to running. I'm running my first 5k in two days..
    I doubt the people at club thought you were weird..LOL Last week I was running at the club around the track, when I finished in my recored time.. I started cheering..LOL hahahahah with a huge grin on my face:)

I just laughed out loud! That is something I can see myself doing. I feel like regular gym-goers must be used to seeing these sort of celebrations...
    I hope to witness one myself one day!
  • Tammylyn117
    Options
    This just goes to show that you are capable of ANYTHING you want to do. Don't EVER tell yourself that you can't, because you CAN! You are your only obstacle. Get out there and do it. Don't start tomorrow, start now!

I love this attitude!! :happy:

Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself. I have participated in a couple of 5K's, but have never been able to even run one whole mile at a time, let alone all three. I will get there, as I lose weight, and get in better shape I feel like that time will be sooner than later. You are an inspiration to people like me.
  • Tammylyn117
    Options
    And dont worry about what people think, i was at the gym watching How I Met Your Mother... and started laughing while running on the elliptical :) people were staring ... it was pretty epic

I was at the gym on the stationary bike watching Family Feud, and they hadn't even gotten the number one answer yet. I don't remember the question, what I do remember is I was peddaling away, yelling "soup, say soup you idiot." I got a few weird looks...lol.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Amazing job. Well done~ :happy:
  • karrenbennett
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I posted last weekend about my insane work to get to a 5k for the first time ever. It's amazing what we can do when we're determined and set our minds to it. I started Bridge to 10k on Monday, then found a local training program with once-a-week group runs that leads up to a local 10 miler in the spring and I signed up for it!

Great job, and maybe I'll see you at the finish line of a half someday! :drinker:
  • shovav91
    Options
    This just goes to show that you are capable of ANYTHING you want to do. Don't EVER tell yourself that you can't, because you CAN! You are your only obstacle. Get out there and do it. Don't start tomorrow, start now!

I love this attitude!! :happy:

Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself. I have participated in a couple of 5K's, but have never been able to even run one whole mile at a time, let alone all three. I will get there, as I lose weight, and get in better shape I feel like that time will be sooner than later. You are an inspiration to people like me.

I have the biggest grin right now... you're so sweet!
    I'm so happy for you that you were able to do some 5k's... walking or running that's no small feat! Keep working... you will get to where you want to be! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!