6 month hiatius???

Options
Joined back in January.... slacked off after 6 weeks. Nobody missed me. I had no friends to encourage me.... this morning I couldn't button my pants... I mean, the button and the button hole were a full 1.5" apart as if I gained 10 pounds over night (which I know isn't true). I need help. I hate exercise. How do you get yourself to exercise? I need guidance on food choices. If anyone could friend me and give me a little holler when I'm being pathetic, I would appreciate it. TIA!

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Joined back in January.... slacked off after 6 weeks. Nobody missed me. I had no friends to encourage me.... this morning I couldn't button my pants... I mean, the button and the button hole were a full 1.5" apart as if I gained 10 pounds over night (which I know isn't true). I need help. I hate exercise. How do you get yourself to exercise? I need guidance on food choices. If anyone could friend me and give me a little holler when I'm being pathetic, I would appreciate it. TIA!

You shouldn't rely on people, you need to find some self discipline and do it for yourself.
  • sosborne73
    Options
    Feel free to send me a friend request. I know how you feel that is why I don't have alot of friends. I like having a small number so, I can encourage and not be overwhelmed with friends.
  • lynzyn
    lynzyn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    start simple, eat less move more...It doesn't mean u have to run on a machine or an elliptical machine , go for a walk at lunchtime or walk to here or there it helps trust me....plan your meals in advance think about what u r going to eat before u eat it....it helps cut calories ect....I mean we all know what is good for us and what is bad right? If u hate gyms do what i do make a home gym i bought a set of dumbbells and a ball and a elastic thingy and started using them doing push ups crunches, go on the internet u can find alot of weight training tips there as well....

I don't do much and i will prob not loose alot of weight but it keeps me healthy and helps me NOT GAIN WEIGHT....

make it a point to come on the site and use it, it really helps alot to know what u eating and how much ect....U can do it add me as a friend if u wish....U cando it ....
  • tish30930
    tish30930 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your readying my post. I understand what you are saying wholeheartedly. But I thought that was part of the reason to have a community here. To get a little encouragement and a kick in the *kitten* sometimes too. Congrats on your weight loss!
  • shannonichole
    Options
    Join a gym, or get a personal trainer, or exercise group (meetup.com might have some in your area). Be accountable to others and you are more likely going to stay on track.

I take two exercise classes and at the end of each my instructor always says, "see you next class!" I then feel guilty if I slack off. This website works. I've lost 46 pounds. Sometimes you just have to be strict on yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • taylorcherri
    Options
    Don't worry about the exercise yet... start that when you are ready. If you are like me, my biggest problem is EATING. Set a calorie goal for yourself, and stick with it for a least a couple weeks. Guaranteed you'll see results. Set mini-goals for yourself. For instance, you might say, "Ok, for two weeks, i'm going to stay within my calorie goal." Then after those two weeks, you might reflect and say, "Ok, I'm doing well! For the next two weeks, I'm going to stay within my calorie goal, and try to get at least 15 mins of exercise in everyday." Every couple of weeks, give yourself a new goal! You can do it. Go at your pace, and don't put too much pressure on yourself.

Hope this helps!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I see
  • lynzyn
    lynzyn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Mackeric dude sometimes it helps to have encouragement....It helps push u in the right direction....
  • karnypops
    karnypops Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ive kind of fallen off the exercise wagon and just trying to get back into it now, I like going to fitness classes cos I feel like you cant slack off or it gets noticed, plus when your exercising try to think the harder you work the more cals you burn i think it motivates me to work harder alse don't weigh yourself for two weeks from when you start your diet I always find that if I see Ive lost weight I feel Ive earned a day off the diet then I end up having like 5 days off the diet haha! plus after two weeks you'll have a bigger weight loss and it might help spur you on! these are just my wee tips and hope they help :)
  • exiledforestfan
    Options
    add me, whilst you do need to find some internal discipline having support in losing weight is a big part of succeeding.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    what is helping me right now is this site and making commitments with friends/family to exercise with them so far fridays i do aerobics with my cousin and Tuesday and Saturday i do zumba with my friend, if you have other people expecting it of you it makes it harder to ignore..... now i find that when i get too bored i pop in a DVD and exercise (as compared to 2 weeks ago when i used to pop in a movie lol)
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your readying my post. I understand what you are saying wholeheartedly. But I thought that was part of the reason to have a community here. To get a little encouragement and a kick in the *kitten* sometimes too. Congrats on your weight loss!

It is, and I'm sure there's plenty of people who will chime in w/ their encouragement and pick you up lines. But until you do it FOR YOURSELF, it's just words on a screen.

Sorry, I'm blunt and to the point.
  • tish30930
    Options

It is, and I'm sure there's plenty of people who will chime in w/ their encouragement and pick you up lines. But until you do it FOR YOURSELF, it's just words on a screen.

True. I could spend all my days sitting here talking about doing something, instead of actually doing it. :)
  • tish30930
    Options

True. I could spend all my days sitting here talking about doing something, instead of actually doing it. :)