Do you ever wish you could get plastic surgery?

Options

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    YES!

- Breast augmentation
    - Tummy tuck
    - Nose job

and I will have it done =))

Natural4life ??
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    Sometimes I do. But then I think about having to use my precious leave time at work to recover from an elective surgery, and other ways I could use the money (extra $$ to the mortgage, saving for kids college, saving for *my* college). In a world where money was no object, sure, I'd love to fix some things that exercise isn't going to fix. But realistically, I know I would never be able to justify it to myself, and I'm ok with that.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered what is the health benefits to getting a tummy tuck to lose the excess skin?

My mom had a tummy tuck after losing after spending a year with a trainer gettting in the best shape of her life. He told her it was just from having kids and it would never go back, she had very little body fat. The skin is gone but it was a painful and miserable recovery. And she traded some loose skin for a giant scar all the way across her belly.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I plan on having a boob job when I am done losing. I started with beautiful DD's and I am now about to go to a C. That was the one thing I always ahd going for me and want to have it back.
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    And I promise I won't ask for prayers....

:drinker:

:laugh:
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, there were a million and one things I would have wanted done. But I finally figured out that my ideal of beauty was based on a myth and started backing off of that.

Oddly, even though I am bigger than I was then, I think I am happier with myself now that I was then. Not totally secure, mind you...but I think I'm pretty alright.

I'm not the biggest fan of unnecessary surgeries myself. I think that if I were to get one myself, I would be supporting the aforementioned myth that had me so down on myself and screwy from childhood through early adulthood...

That being said, people make their own choices for their own reasons and I don't judge. Not hard, anyway...lol :tongue:
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I just watched someone go through a necessary surgery. If I ever though about it before, now I would never voluntarily get cut up for any reason.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Nah... the only thing I would fix is this wrinkle I hate right between my eyebrows. That's it.

I used to fantasize about fake boobs, tummy tucks, butt implants.. not anymore. I'm 32 and I'm getting more and more comfy in my own skin and body shape. I'm not perfect, nor will I ever be but I'm ME.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Im still hopeful any trouble spots I have fall in line after I reach goal and lean up. But if not, tummy tuck here I come! :bigsmile:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I have had quite extremely painful surgery necessary to save my life. So NO thank you very much on the elective...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    YES!

- Breast augmentation
    - Tummy tuck
    - Nose job

Natural4life ??

Exactly what I was thinking.
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    I have heard that a lot of people like to wacks that *kitten*. I would like to wacks mine to a nicer round.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I would like to get the varicose veins stripped from my legs. I don't care how they look, but they are very painful.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i always wanted a nose job, ever since i was around 14. i hated everything about it. i decided on my 21st birthday i would get it. well, i guess i grew up and started appreciating myself more because i completely changed my mind. im for the most part happy with my looks now...im glad i waited
  • natika33
    natika33 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    YES!

- Breast augmentation
    - Tummy tuck
    - Nose job

Natural4life ??

I had the same thought...
  • jonesz922
    jonesz922 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yes! I want my big boobs back -.-

EVERY day... I wish for my Fat Boobs on the smaller body..... Anyone want to buy me some? :devil:
  • devilblkdress
    Options
    I have lost a lot of weight after being heavy my whole life. I worked out like crazy even with an expensive trainer. Finally I took out a loan for a tummy tuck. I had it last year and even though I researched it forever and met with 7 different surgeons before having it done, I am unhappy with the results. It does look way better but the lower skin is still loose. I am paying the equivalent of a car payment for a couple years to not be happy. This being said....Yes! I still do wish to have more plastic surgery. I should be swayed by the cost, not being satisfied and the recovery but I wasn't. I plan on revising the tummy tuck (another doctor has looked at it and said it would be a pubic lift), removing the excess skin on my thighs and arms. I would also so a boob job but my husband is not for it. He says small and natural are better than big and fake......not! Going from a 42DD to a barely 36B is not cool. Whether these surgeries will happen I am not sure but it is a goal. I want back the confidence I had pre-flappy skin. I diet, I exercise and I've even done therapy.....but sometimes it just takes more for others to be comfortable in their own skin than others. I see nothing wrong with plastic surgery as long as you are well informed and psychologically fit as well as physically!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I never did.... u ntil I lost weight. Now, the only way to get rid of 20lbs of extra skin on my stomach is a tummy tuck.
    I also miss my boobies -- now they are droopy and I have a turkey neck. Losing weight is great -- but these are side effects I did not anticipate --- I guess it's always something isn't it!

i will agree with This(not that you need it that i do lol)!! and i will add in the tops of my legs and arms too!
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY BODY AND HAVE GOTTEN USED TO MY CURVES. I THINK IF I ONLY LOST 100 POUNDS I WOULD HAVE BEEN COMFORTABLE WITH THE SKIN. HOWEVER, HAVING NOW LOST 238 POUNDS MY EXTRA SKIN PRESENTS PROBLEMS. I HAVE "LADY ISSUES" BECAUSE OF THE EXTRA SKIN ON MY THIGHS AND MY TUMMY. MY ARMS AND BREAST HAVE BECOME QUITE THE PROBLEM. I GET THEM CAUGHT IN CLOTHES, PINCHED WHEN I CARRY GROCERIES, HAVE TO BUY TOPS WITH SLEEVES USUALLY 1-2 SIZES BIGGER. MY BREAST WENT FROM FULL BREASTS TO SAGGY LITTLE WATER BALLOONS LOL. I'M 28 SINGLE AND HAVE NO KIDS. I BUSTED MY A** TO GET HERE AND I WANT A BODY THAT REFLECTS MY LIFESTYLE. THIS ISN'T ABOUT VANITY FOR ME. THIS IS ABOUT 30 POUNDS OF EXTRA SKIN HANGING ON MY BODY AND WEIGHING ME DOWN. I HAVE A SURGERY DATE OF MARCH 5TH FOR MY UPPER BODY LIFT. 5 PROCEDURES AT ONCE. BRA LIFT, BACK LIFT, REVERSE TUMMY TUCK, BRACHIOPLASTY (ARMS) BREAST AUGMENTATION AND HERNIA REPAIR. WE ARE USING MY BODYFAT AND TISSUE FROM MY ARMS TO BUILD UP MY BREASTS :)
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Yep! I would love to change many things but I know I never will.