Looking for diversity at breakfast !

Options
Hi Friends, I'm looking for new ideas as of what to have for breakfast, that will keep me in around 200 calories. I usually have a hard boiled egg with a whole- wheat toast and 4oz of orange juice, or old fashion oatmeal 1/2 a cup with 1 cup of fat free milk.

Any suggestions.

Frida

Replies

• blondz
    blondz Posts: 7
    Options
    Every now and then I will just have fruit for breakfast. It's very refreshing :-)
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Whole grain english muffin with 2 slices of Canadian bacon, reduced fat swiss cheese and an egg white. 210 calories and 100% YUM!
  • Pinkmaddycat
    Pinkmaddycat Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    30g porridge oats,1 tsp golden syrup and 100ml semi skimmed milk will keep you under 200 cals and keep you fuller for longer
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    yogurt with granola
    high fiber cereal
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    i had steak and onions for breakfast last week xD and soup

if you can have breakfast for dinner... then why not dinner for breakfast?
  • patilee
    patilee Posts: 125
    Options
    1/2 cup of Fage 0% fat greek yogurt and fruit (blueberries, strawberries, grapefruit, etc.)
  • mishka56
    Options
    I make an egg beater omelet with spinach and diced tomatoes (add salt and pepper) and serve this with 2 slices of light whole wheat bread.
    1/2 cup egg beaters=60 calories
    1 cup of raw spinach=8
    2.2 oz tomatoes=11 calories
    2 slices of light whole wheat bread=80
    TOTAL: 159 Calories

The fact that egg has lots of protein, it will make you feel full for longer!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    2 eggs over easy, 1 cup of raspberries, water = just over 200 calories and comes with a great combo of protein, healthy fat and fiber from a carb with a low glycemic index value.
  • friesther
    friesther Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: This sounds good thank you

Frida
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Why only 200 calories? Do you snack mid-morning? Just curious, that seems low if you don't.

Anyway, my breakfast this morning was about that so...I had 2 small pieces of Kroger's Artisan Loaf Harvest Grain Petite - toast with a blackberry jam my friend made for me and a large fuji apple.

Otherwise...

egg white omelet with tons of veggies and instead of cheese on the inside, mix reduced fat sour cream with garlic and chives.

hot rolled oats cooked with almond milk, topped with berries and local raw honey and greek yogurt.

2 poached eggs over whole grain toast with spinach and cherry tomatoes

breakfast tacos - soft corn tacos filled with scrambled egg whites (scrambled w/ unsweetened almond milk), hot sauce, lettuce, tomato, cilantro
  • vsmith1981
    vsmith1981 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1 cup 1% cottage cheese (lots of protein and keeps me full) - 200 cals

or

1 cup Fage 0% with 2 tbsp toasted slivered almonds and 1/4 cup of blueberries

or

2 poached eggs over tomato slices (weekend)

or

3 rice cakes with pumpkin seed butter and apple slices.

to keep me going I have a 100 cal pack of natural almonds at about 11am.
  • RosieO
    RosieO Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try Quaker Instant Weightloss Oatmeal packets for a quick and easy breakfast and berries on the side.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    shredded sweet potato (about half of a large one) with 2 slices of canadian bacon chopped up. Saute it all in a nonstick pan with some nonstick spray.
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Quaker - Instant Oatmeal Lower Sugar Maple & Brown Sugar, 1 Package - 120 calories
    Dannon Yogurt Lite- 70 calories

I eat this almost every day along with coffee and it keeps me full most days- there are some that I am just starving the entire day no matter what I eat.
  • friesther
    friesther Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    To Kristel,

I have breakfast around 9am, and lunch at 1pm. But the answer is no snacks, keeping it under 900 cal a day.
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    900 all day? Oh my... I'll leave out the "that's way too low" argument...

Egg whites and veggies, just keep switching them up? Juice is a waste so I'd stay away from that.