Operation: Sexy Claus Week #5 10.17.11 *Closed Group*

Options

Replies

• miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    my greatest accomplishment has been losing over 40lbs since last august, keeping it off, and continuing my weight loss journey despite hitting a major plateau and temporarily losing motivation. i really feel i've hit my second wave of motivation with joining this challenge & i couldn't be more excited to keep hitting my goals and sharing it with all of you!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    My greatest triumph is finally realizing that I actually can do this. I bet not many of you have had 8 doctors tell you it was impossible for you to lose weight because ALL of the medication you have to take (12+ pills daily) to stay alive cause weight gain. Well, I've lost 30 pounds since June after years and years of thinking I couldn't. I would "try", but never really put in my full effort because I thought it to be impossible. Although I've spent the last month at the same weight, it's ok, because it's still 30lbs less. If I can maintain successfully for a month, that's an accomplishment for me... not a desirable outcome, but nonetheless, an accomplishment.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    My greatest triumph or accomplishment in my journey so far:

Being more consciou of what I eat and drink.
    Not giving up even though this has been a long journey for me.
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    My greatest triumph has been finishing P90X and Insanity. I started P90x three times before I actually stuck with it and finished it all the way through. I am trying to muster up the motivation to do another full round, but find that my brain is yearning for some variety. So I may have to try another of the Beachbody programs to change it up a bit. Perhaps that'll be my 40-pounds lost gift to myself!
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    My greatest accomplishment on my journey is the motivation I have given my mother to completely change her eating habits and lose more than 50 pounds!! I love my mom:heart: On a visit to her doctor last year, he told her it was like she didn't even have diabetes, and he also took her off her high blood pressure medication. She tells everyone when they ask what she is doing to lose weight that she is just following me ***eyes fill with tears***
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishments and triumphs...I was tearing up just reading them all :)
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Good Afternoon everyone! Sorry I am a little late with posting. Hope everyone is doing well today! It is Wednesday!!!

Question of the Day: What is your greatest triumph or accomplishment in your journey so far?

I would have to say I don't have a single one moment...but I think it is more the very fact that I can actually workout, eat right and LIKE it! It is not a chore or a downer for me to do, I enjoy the way I feel when I am doing "right" I also love the fact that through my journey, others can be inspired and motivated. That really means a lot to me.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Good Morning wonderful ladies! How is everyone today? I am feeling pretty good today, how about everyone else? It is only Thursday though....what the heck? LOL 4 days to work it out until weigh-in. We can do it!

So today's question is...Think hard at a time where you were at your lowest emotionally.....and compare that to how you feel today?
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!! I can honestly say that I was my lowest emotionally this past weekend. I had a fight with my fiancé and the weight wasn't coming off. I was very frustrated and feeling fat and ugly. I got it set in my mind that starting Monday I was going to start the 17 day diet and get my butt in gear - no cheating and being brutally honest with myself. Although I haven't been getting my workouts in (hopefully getting my gym membership by the weekend) I have been doing awesome with the 17 day diet and my logging. There have been many temptations but I haven't given in. My start weight Monday this week was 199.6 and I weighed this morning at 195.2!!! I can't wait to get in the gym and get my butt moving!!!! I just want to thank all of you for keeping me going :)
  • tburnett80
    tburnett80 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good Morning wonderful ladies! How is everyone today? I am feeling pretty good today, how about everyone else? It is only Thursday though....what the heck? LOL 4 days to work it out until weigh-in. We can do it!

So today's question is...Think hard at a time where you were at your lowest emotionally.....and compare that to how you feel today?

Good morning everyone. Today is a good day just feeling a little tired. Not sure if im taking the right vitamins, but all is well. My lowest was about 2 years ago when I didnt have a desire to shop for clothes. As of now that has changed. But I would like to get addicted to exercise one day. Working on this as we speak.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options

Thurs QOD: Actually I have been feeling really low emotionally lately :( Just dont feel like myself, always feeling stressed or sad. I'm not sure what is going on with me lately. I went to the doctor and go the PA and she just said it was normal. I may make an appt and make sure I get the actual doctor.

Wed Question of the Day: What is your greatest triumph or accomplishment in your journey so far? Knowing when I apply myself I can do anything.
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options

I was at my lowest emotionally senior year of college. I went to Northern Illinois University and my last semester was the one where the shooting happened on our campus (Valentines Day, 2008) where 5 students were killed and over 20 wounded. I was already in a major funk before this happened and so when it happened, it really affected me. Without going into detail, I am by far in a better place lately, even though I have my low days here and there. The low days don't come anywhere close to the funk I was in back then. Needless to say, I'm very grateful for life! :)
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Good questions!
    Greatest accomplishment: still being here! Sounds small, but for me I usually give up and don't follow through with dieting... but I am not dieting! I am changing my life for the better one day at a time!

Feeling low: That is where I am right now. Since June I have been bouncing around 191- 198. Got down as low as 189.4. Gained almost 10 lbs inexplicably two weeks ago. Went to the doctor and he said I could be in peri-menopause! Not what I wanted to hear. Still am eating within my cals, exercising everyday and forcing down lots of water. So far no movement on the scale. I am hanging on by a thread and wondering what else I can do. Just feeling down. This mood will hopefully pass very soon. Just in a funk!
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    uhhh dang I'm more than a few days late gonna catch up now....

Question of the Day: What is a quote or mantra you live by? Something that really keeps you going or motivates you to start!

I love when one door closes another one opens.
    No pain no gain.
    I always tell myself I didn't gain the weight overnite so it won't come off overnite...
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options

My lowest emotionally is actually VERY fresh & recent, but compared to that... I'm feeling great today! I have a lot to be thankful for and need to take the time to realize that each and every day :)
  • kiki75243
    Options
    Good Afternoon everyone! Sorry I am a little late with posting. Hope everyone is doing well today! It is Wednesday!!!

Question of the Day: What is your greatest triumph or accomplishment in your journey so far?

My greatest accomplishment has been seeing it through I am good at starting stuff. I can start it but I never seem to stay motivated and this time I have. I joined in jan 2010 and I'm still here. I also am proud of the fact I started out wearing 20's and I'm almost completely out of plus sizes. I can't wait to just walk in a store and not have to try everything on...
  • kiki75243
    Options

Great questions I was at my lowest emotionally after I had my second little girl. I gained so much weight and was so depressed and I found out he was cheating while I was pregnant so on top of hormonal changes I'm dealing with that. I remember feeling so unlove and unwanted and overweight. Today he's trying to chase me I'm not thinking about him but I'm so happy with myself. I feel like I can accomplish anything I set my mind to. I've had my ups and down but I've stuck this out.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    QOD: My lowest point emotionally is probably right now. Just financial woes and the like. I have been stressed to the max for a few months now, but I keep pushing myself not to make excuses to eat badly or not workout (although it happens from time to time - like last week). I will get through this, I just need to be positive.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    I think my lowest point was in November/December of 2009. I was at my heaviest, I couldn't use the excuse of having a baby, because he was a year old then and I had only gained 16lbs when I was pregnant. I just felt extremely disgusted with myself and wanted to cry most of the time. I have always been seen as a STRONG person, so I hid it pretty well...but there were days where I just wanted to give up on everything. Praise the Lord for my son, because I think if he wasn't there, I would have really just said, "To hell with trying to lose weight" I hardly wanted to look at myself in the mirror, constantly having to buy larger sizes, it was just ridiculous. I think a lot of my personality faded away as I gained more weight.

Now I am able to walk around and feel comfortable with who I am. Not completely, but I think I have a little more pep in my step....I am learning to walk with my head held high because I have accomplished something that has really been the hardest thing for me.
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My motivation....having gotten rid of almost all my 'fat' clothes..i love getting into one of my old standbys (today it's an aqua argyle sweater) and realizing its too big now. That I get to pass it along and get something new....it inspires me to want to keep going!