What do you mix in with your Cottage Cheese???

Options

Replies

• laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Canned mandarins. Or spinach and pasta and tomato sauce for a lasy lasagna.

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I put it in my salad, usually. Lately, I've been making shakes with it (a la Dashing Dish website).
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    It can also be run through the blender with a packet of onion soup or veggie soup mix, and used as a veggie dip. No sour cream needed and it is really yummy!
  • agleonard7278
    Options
    I put sugar free lime jello and dole pinapple made with splenda in mine and it is good. Not very sweet but covers the taste of the cottage cheese. Also it is good to mix with greek yougurt and blueberries. You can really have fun with the mixing ideas. My sister n law uses sugar free cherry jello and fruit cocktail.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese in my baked potato with plenty of black pepper and onion and cucumber mmm x
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Pomegranate
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I like it with black pepper. I also like to mix in pineapple, peaches and ground flax seed. I have also eaten it with sliced tomatoes.:smile:
  • violon
    violon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    plain with crackers (triscuits or wheat thins)
    or, for a sweet variety, sugar-free maple syrup
  • smcassaro
    smcassaro Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I like to eat it with my spaghetti & meat sauce! It's allmost like a deconstructed lasagna. :)
  • miseryhead75
    miseryhead75 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I thought it was the nastiest thing in the world, until I added 2 T. of pumpkin puree, some pumpkin spice and sweetener. Delicious. I eat this every night before bed, and now my 14-year-old is crazy about it too!
  • carolinepsmith
    carolinepsmith Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Sauce. Looks gross, but tastes alot like lasagna.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    sliced tomatoes, kosher salt, and freshed cracked black pepper - really, REALLY cold. I always get the Fat Free variety.
  • Kcinnamon
    Kcinnamon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't like the fruit thing, but I eat it in my spinach salad with bacon bits, cheese, and boiled egg
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    @Luanwalton1979. I have also eaten cottage cheese with a baked potato. Sometimes I will do that and add chopped chives and salsa ... delicious!
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! I can’t believe all of the delicious responses!!! You are all SUPER creative.

Thank you so much…now to add to the grocery list!
  • Lesley2800
    Options
    Tomato, salt and pepper!!! I also like it with peaches and pears.
  • eisenmansandy
    eisenmansandy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This might sound off the wall, but I have put salad dressing on it zesty italian or salsa, I have also done just pepper, as well as processing it in a blender using it as a topping on a potatoe. I also buy the individual fruit cups no sugar and mix it up, pine apple and peaches are my favorite.:smile:
  • debilyn574
    debilyn574 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If you mix it with cinnamon and sugar it's delicious.

If you're not into the sweet thing, you can add it to pasta with salt. Sorta like a baked ziti thing (with or without the sauce).

And of course berries like others have said!
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese in my baked potato with plenty of black pepper and onion and cucumber mmm x

Me too, and with crackers! Yum.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I don't eat cottage cheese anymore. I switched to non-fat plain Greek yogurt...it has a ton more protein per serving and not nearly as much sodium. When I did eat cottage cheese I usually at it with black pepper.