Boy Parts & Girl Parts

Options
Iheartsushi
Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
Okay this is super random!!

I have a three year old little boy. During potty training we used the terms "pee pee" and "poo poo". Now whenever he sees me after my workout heading to the shower he asks me if I'm going to wash my body and my "wee wee". We've always used the term "wee wee" for boy parts. I had to explain to him that mommies and girls do not have "wee wees" and he asks, "So what you got mommy?"

For the life of me I cannot figure out a term to use to describe girl parts that he would understand. I can't use "pee pee" because we used that for potty training. What do I tell him?! Lol!!!! :noway:

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    we call little girl parts "noo noo" (sounds like new new)
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    my friend taught her daughter "whoo whoo"
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Call them what they are: Penis. Vagina.
  • darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    A friend called it a who-ha
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    How about vagina? What's wrong with teaching the proper terms? My son hasn't asked about girl parts yet, but he knows his part is called a penis. Although he does prefer to call it a pee pee, which I am fine with.
  • fish119
    fish119 Posts: 67
    Options
    "Kitty", tho that may confuse him. I have heard "Bug" and 'who haw" also
  • IndigoVA
    IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've always used the actual names--penis and vagina--with my kids. I have a boy and a girl. But I do sometimes refer to the general area as "privates."
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    my 5 year old daughter calls her a venus. mostly because she knows that a boy has a penis. i've told her the correct name for hers, but she didn't remember it. and venus rhymes with what her brother has, so it works. plus, it's such a nice name for it! :smile:
  • LisaWeir74
    LisaWeir74 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    We call girl parts "goodies" at our house. Not a good description but works for us.
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    We call all private parts pee-pee's at our house....LOL
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, my mother and sister used the term "coo-coo" for girl parts. I have a friend who has never used any playful nicknames for body parts...her daughter has called her vagina "her vagina" ever since she could talk.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I have boys who are 2 and 3, for the most part we just say privates. I have started to use the appropriate terms with the 3 year old because that's what they are.
  • dashnigma
    dashnigma Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Apparently, my daughter refers to it as a "tootie" though I am all for telling kids the correct name, and letting them decide on what word they actually say.
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    He does know the correct names penis and vagina but he uses wee wee more frequently. Also, he's three and "vagina" is a bit difficult for him to say.
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of a cute story...

I was sitting on the toilet when my little one walked in on me... he saw me sitting there and he looked right at me and said "Mommy, where is your penis?"

Before I could reply he then said "OOOohhhh... wait a minute... STAND UP!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    we use the correct terms

which I really honestly regret at this point.

They are they're favorite words.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's any harm in teaching the proper terms. My parents taught my siblings and I the correct anatomical names and then referred to them as "privates" from then on. That seemed to work just fine.
  • icandothistrish85
    Options
    My 7, 4 & 1 year old know that they're called Vagina and Penis. It's not innappropriate to teach your children the proper terms. Giving nicknames to those parts can cause a complex for them later in life as adults. They won't feel comfortable calling them what they are, even to their doctors...
  • jonesz922
    jonesz922 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    A friend called it a who-ha

I hear this one alot, My kids know they have a penis & a vagina, my son calls it his peepee, my daughter calls it her p bum....
    What ever works for your family!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    We call them "girly bits".