Dr Pepper Ten

Options
2»

Replies

• agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Same branding difference that Coke did with Coke Zero a few years ago. They weren't as explicit about calling it a "manly drink" but their market research showed that men didn't like products that said 'diet' in the name.

Diet coke and coke zero have different artifical sweeteners.

So do Diet Dr. Pepper and Dr. Pepper Ten. The point was that the decision to make a different product line was due to their marketing research, not their artificial sweetener research.
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    We got a free 2 liter to try it. It wasn't bad. Not something I would buy on a regular basis since I'm trying to give up soda, but it wasn't bad.
  • Alice230
    Options
    Personally,I like both! We have some here at my house and I drink it. Manly or not it sure is good.
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    DDP addict here. Nver heard of DP10 though.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

.I LOVE DDP--does DP10 have 10 calories?? I would love it if it had less sodium!!
    :drinker:
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I like it. But I dont think it's that different than Diet, and would rather drink diet since I dont want the 3 carbs.
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Personally - I can't drink Diet Dr. Pepper or anything with aspartame (NutraSweet) in it or I will get a severe migraine. However, other artificial sweeteners or sweeteners other than sugar (sucralose, stevia, etc...) do not have this effect on me.

Being a recovering Dr. Pepper-aholic, I was very please that this product was introduced. It's not as good as regular Dr. Pepper, but in a pinch it will suffice if I'm having a craving and don't have the cals available to allow myself the real deal.

I have the same deal with normal diet drinks. So you can drink this one and not get a migraine???