Consistantly low carbs...

2»

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member

I will send you a link to the site when I get home, it is on my home computer........

Anyway, I do eat very balanced also..........I eat grains (brown rice and oats). I love, love, whole wheat bread and other whole wheat things.............IT DOESN'T LIKE ME. :angry: :angry: I swell up and get yeast overgrowth in my gut from wheat and gluten. So, other grains for me, just not wheat.

See I think we're talking about two different topics.

Low carbs is different then ketogenic diet. I'm talking about basically trace carbs (20 or less per day).
    I probably should have been more specific about that.

20 or LESS a day!!!! The humanity! :noway:
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    20 or LESS a day!!!! The humanity! :noway:
    It's only supposed to be for a short time if you do something like Atkins. Phase I on Atkins is 20 g of carbs and it's supposed to last a few weeks only. After that you get more carbs and (eventually) fall out of ketosis.

Or so the Atkins people tell me.

Speaking of Atkins, one summer when the diet first came out, my mom's boyfriend put the whole household on it. My mom and I dutifully lost 10 lb. but boyfriend GAINED weight. So he called up the man, himself, and made an appointment to see him. Dr. Atkins told him "yes, I say in the book that you can eat as much as you want and still lose weight, but I didn't mean you can eat three steaks for dinner!" :laugh:
  • acox68
    acox68 Posts: 9
    I find this thread very interesting and informative!

LL and others with wheat/gluten allergies: have you tried the Ezekiel 4:9 bread? It is made from sprouted grains and doesn't give the same bloated feeling that many wheat breads do. You can find it in most grocery stores nowadays. I love to toast mine and put almond butter, a little celtic sea salt, and a few hemp hearts on it. YUMMO! The cinnamon raisin variety is a treat!

Right now I am on day 3 of a 21-day cleanse through my chiropractor/holisic doctor. I didn't realize it until reading this thread, but it is lower carb, too. I get to eat a 1/2 cup of brown rice a day or a cup of lentils (I'm choosing lentils for the most part). Everything else is in the form of whey protein shakes w/fruit and flax oil or lean protein, lots of veggies and some fruit. I also take several supplements a day....so far, so good! It is a very gentle program and I am hoping to lose about 10 pounds on it which will give myself a kick-start into a healthier lifestyle.

I am also going more natural with things......the things we eat today that are processed and restaurant food are full of msg and other toxins that our bodies weren't meant to handle. So, I'm buying more organic things and staying away from processed foods. I eat out only occasionally now...

Andrea
  • mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Thanks for the tip on the Ezekiel bread. I use Joseph's Lavish Flax Seed Bread. That's pretty good, too!
This discussion has been closed.