What Scale to believe?

Options
I went to the doctor's office. According to their records I had lost about 15lbs in two weeks. They weigh me on the same scale everytime.
According to my scale, I am sitting at about a 10 lb. loss. Which scale should I go by? I'm wondering if my home scale just isn't very precise because I'm a little over 300 lbs, and that is a lot to handle! Thoughts? Suggestions?

Replies

• NikkiConroy
    Options
    Doctor's scale
    for sure!
  • prdough
    prdough Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'd say use your home scale since I'm assuming you aren't at the doctors every week or every other week.

If you are at the doctor that often, then use the doctors, just make sure you wear the same exact clothes every time.

Maybe get a more precise home scale?
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Where you wearing the same clothes both times?

I'd "trust" the one you use most often.
  • inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Scales are evil.

I would go by how you feel and inches more than lbs to be honest.. I mean, you can poop and lose a lb :P

But doctor's scales are typically calibrated so I don't know. It also depends on what time you weigh, what your wearing, etc. I always weigh naked, first thing in the morning after I go potty. I've always heard it's the most accurate.
  • sesecat
    sesecat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My Dr's scale is digital and sucks. Says I'm 10 lbs lighter than I am. And I proved it by weighing myself on several demo scales at the store. :ohwell: When I mentioned it to him, he said, yeah, been that way for a while, just haven't had it worked on. BLEH! Dr's should work on accuracy as our health is in their hands!

I like the old fashioned scale at my health club the most. It's one of the ones with the weight balance up top that Dr's used to have before the digital age. They're always the most accurate for me.