Battle with metabolism after being on medicine

Options
I just want to say that I really enjoy being able to talk to people about all sorts of issues and have your ideas and opinions to share.

Over the past 4 years, I've been up and down with several different medications as my doctors were trying to figure out what was going on with my body. Because of several times being misdiagnosed, I've been on zoloft, lexapro, prozac, effexor, celexa, and last but not least lithium. These medications have put me through the ringer and now I only have to take a small dosage of prozac the week before my period because what I have is PMDD. All of this medication, though, has really altered my body's chemistry and I really need some advice on how to help my body recover and speed my metabolism back up. I am NOT a fan of medication to begin and I'm hoping that I didn't screw some things up in my body permanently! Any help?

Replies

• frogprincess007
    frogprincess007 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that I really enjoy being able to talk to people about all sorts of issues and have your ideas and opinions to share.

Over the past 4 years, I've been up and down with several different medications as my doctors were trying to figure out what was going on with my body. Because of several times being misdiagnosed, I've been on zoloft, lexapro, prozac, effexor, celexa, and last but not least lithium. These medications have put me through the ringer and now I only have to take a small dosage of prozac the week before my period because what I have is PMDD. All of this medication, though, has really altered my body's chemistry and I really need some advice on how to help my body recover and speed my metabolism back up. I am NOT a fan of medication to begin and I'm hoping that I didn't screw some things up in my body permanently! Any help?
  • algiampolo
    Options
    I don't know about the metabolism part because I have hypo-thyroidism and it's controlled with daily medication. I DO know about the PMDD though because I have it too and I take meds just one week a month too. It is so nice to be able to know what was going on was not my fault and there are other people with the same issues. Good luck to you and I'm glad you got a correct diagnosis.
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I have PMS.The doctor wanted to put me on prozac for that once a month,though ,I told him no,I have found a differts when, I get on my tread mill everyday,Its not as bad.I just don,t want me to change with med ,i am not a big fan on taking meds:flowerforyou: good luck to you! I hope you feel better soon