Shirataki Fettuccine

Options
I found this product in the produce section of my local supermarket the other day. The shirataki fettuccine is made by House Foods and comes in a 2 serving 8oz package. The fettuccini is made from Tofu. A 4oz serving, which is the same as a serving of regular pasta, is only 20 calories with 3 grams of carbs and 2 grams of fiber. The Shirataki is also available in other types of pasta.

Just open the package, drain the liquid, wash the pasta, boil the pasta for about 3 minutes, and it's ready. I mixed my with some tomato sauce an feta cheese. It looks and tastes just like regular pasta. The only differences are that it more chewy than regular pasta and at a $1.99 a package, it is about 4 times the price of a pound of regular pasta.

Replies

• morningstarluv
    Options
    bump
  • crickettm
    Options
    that's what i use and love it....
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    yes. a cool go to vs. pasta.
  • Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love the stuff, a bit of fat free cream cheese, skim milk, garlic, a shake of parm cheese with what ever veggies or chicken, Delish!!
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    I just bought the thin type I'm excited to cook them today :)
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Still...when you have nothing left for calories...this option is the bomb and it's loaded with Protein and other nutrition! PLUS it looks like a lot of food on your plate and it's fun to play with the long noodles (so my kids tell me). I use the angel hair size as a swap out for Ramen Noodles (which my kids love) or I'll add a little Scampi seasoning with some medium shrimp and bell pepper.
  • JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I use spaghetti squash... having some tonight actually! I don't like having a lot of cars at dinner but I'm not big on tofu personally, I'd rather substitute a veggie, but it sounds interesting, might look for it and try it some time for something different!
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Where did you all find it? Sounds like something I'd like to try. I love pasta but not the calories!
  • SLaw4215
    Options
    I just bought the thin type I'm excited to cook them today :)
    Don't be alarmed by the fishy smell when you first open the package. It's a little unpleasant. But the end result (after you drain the liquid, rinse and cook the noodles) is good.
  • SLaw4215
    Options
    Where did you all find it? Sounds like something I'd like to try. I love pasta but not the calories!
    I always find them where the other tofu products are kept. I don't find them at every supermarket but I've seen them at Price Chopper and Market Basket
  • wschaffel
    wschaffel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I flounder them in the produce section of my local IGA market with the organic foods.
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answers! We don't have those stores in TX, but at least I know where to look in the store when I go grocery shopping.