I have a breakfast question.......

Options
O'K...

6:00 get up, get ready for work
7:00 leave the house
8:30 Eat breakfast

Do I need to eat earlier? I am starving by the time I get to eat, but I dont want to eat at 6:00 am. I am not hungry when i get up.

Also I eat lunch at 11:00...so I know I will need a snack about 9 or 10:00.

What do you think?

Breakfast at home, or pack it for work?

Thx....angie

Replies

• timetoembrace
    Options
    O'K...

6:00 get up, get ready for work
    7:00 leave the house
    8:30 Eat breakfast

Do I need to eat earlier? I am starving by the time I get to eat, but I dont want to eat at 6:00 am. I am not hungry when i get up.

Also I eat lunch at 11:00...so I know I will need a snack about 9 or 10:00.

What do you think?

Breakfast at home, or pack it for work?

Thx....angie
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I usually grab a bottle of water and a banana on my way out the door to eat first thing. Then I am not starving by the time I get to eating breakfast.
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    I say later is better, unless it's causing you to over eat.
    You could try a glass of milk in the morning before you leave so you don't get starving.
    Just don't eat in the car or on your commute - then, whenever you get in the car or on the train, you'll be thinking of eating!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    You could try a glass of milk in the morning before you leave so you don't get starving.
    Just don't eat in the car or on your commute - then, whenever you get in the car or on the train, you'll be thinking of eating!
    Ditto this. I've noticed that if I can push back breakfast just a bit, then I don't need that mid-morning snack.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Ditto this. I've noticed that if I can push back breakfast just a bit, then I don't need that mid-morning snack.

Me three... I agree a later breakfast makes it easier to skip a morning snack, thus eat less. However, if you're starving then why not have a drinkable yogurt or small piece of fruit while on your way to work to cut back on that starving feeling.
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Bob Harpers says to within the first 30 mins of getting up. This will kickstart you metabolism , also prevent you from being hungrier around lunch time. Try to eat a quick slice of toast with sugar free preserves a granola just to put something in your stomach!
    You need to eat to lose....

5 - 6 meals a day ! 3 meals and 2-3 small snacks to keep the metabolism going!
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    If you are starving, that's not a good sign, you should eat earlier.

Also, I have to ask... why is everyone so afraid of the mid-morning snack? I have to tell you, I eat two snacks a day, one mid-morning and one mid-afternoon, and I think it's great. I never get to the point that I'm starving, and I'm almost always within my calorie range (unless I have a catastrophic melt down of will power and go off plan). And these aren't dinky little snacks either, they're usually 150-200 calories.
  • hushmonkey1234
    Options
    My uncle who is a doctor says that when you get up you should have a little something at least just to boost your metabolism. Otherwise you are not burning all the calories you could. A bannana or an orange or a slice of toast. Just a little somthing. Another thing that most experts say is if you have several small meals it keeps your metabolism going, so if you have somthing when you get up and a mid morning snack it is better anyway.:glasses:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should eat later to make it easier to skip a morning snack. What's wrong with a morning snack? I think in general it is better to eat within an hour of getting up, but I definitely understand your situation. I have a long commute to work too and I wait until I get there to eat breakfast, by which time I am starving. But what other options do we have? I refuse to get up any earlier than I already do (5:30 am)! Also, I like my routine of having breakfast and checking MFP when I get to work :smile:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    If you are starving, that's not a good sign, you should eat earlier.

Also, I have to ask... why is everyone so afraid of the mid-morning snack? I have to tell you, I eat two snacks a day, one mid-morning and one mid-afternoon, and I think it's great. I never get to the point that I'm starving, and I'm almost always within my calorie range (unless I have a catastrophic melt down of will power and go off plan). And these aren't dinky little snacks either, they're usually 150-200 calories.

Yeah snacks!
    I completely agree. You are also less likely to over eat by having snacks!. My trainer created a nutrition plan for me that has me eating 5 meals per day.
  • timetoembrace
    Options
    thanks for the input.

The whole metabolism thing is such a trick to figure out:frown: :frown: , BUT when you do....WOOO_HOOOO:happy: :happy:

ANgie
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Make sure your drinking alot of water as well!! Your body has to heat that water up in order to digest it so that also gets your metabolism going to!

Just dont give up and make sure you eat then you will get you WooooHoooo !!!! :flowerforyou: