Can you lose the C-section tummy?

Options
I have had two c-sections - gained about 40 lbs with each child, lost all the weight (then gained some back, boo). Now I have a lot of skin it seems, and fat as well, obviously. Has anyone out there successfully defeated the belly problems that come from having kids/c-sections that leave you with a squishy middle? I am afraid that even after I lose weight, I'll be stuck with this skin...please share your experience!

Replies

• Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump, have had 3 C-sections....
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    only one but intrested in this thread
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    LOOK IN MY PICTURES - PROOF IS RIGHT THERE :)
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Never had a c-section, but 9 years after having my son I still have some loose skin on my belly... I'm not sure it will ever go away, honestly. :( I do crunches 3 times a week and a core strengthening class once a week which has definitely improved the appearance of my belly and the tightness. It might be possible, but I think it will take a long time.
  • DSummersCM
    Options
    I have also had 3 c-sections and would like to know the answer. Mine has definitely improved with the weight loss, but will it ever be attractive looking again?
  • LoveMyFour
    Options
    Yes, after my third section and a 60lbs weight loss I had my old tummy back. It's gone now...as I'm 20 weeks pregnant lol.
  • babyblake11
    Options
    LOOK IN MY PICTURES - PROOF IS RIGHT THERE :)
    \
    also my baby is now almost 6 months old, it can be done!
  • Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yes, after my third section and a 60lbs weight loss I had my old tummy back. It's gone now...as I'm 20 weeks pregnant lol.

And doing _____ will help....
    223730 Posts: 55
    Options
    You look great! Lucky to still have age on your side to help bounce back as well...I have 10 years on you and my skin is in the stage where it doesn't have as much elasticity...BOO! What did you do to help tighten up? I'd be interested!! Thanks!

EDIT: In response to babyblake11 - I forgot to quote :)
    223730 Posts: 55
    Options
    I have also had 3 c-sections and would like to know the answer. Mine has definitely improved with the weight loss, but will it ever be attractive looking again?

My thoughts exactly...there is nothing attractive about mine right now! I do NOT want to be stuck with the "mother's apron"...
  • babyblake11
    Options
    Running, martial arts, interval training, weight/strength training! And of course eating as clean as possible :) good luck! And im sure vitamin e cream or bio oil wouldnt hurt to tighten it up too!
  • ondogirl
    ondogirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great topic! I've had 2 c sections and my stomach is flabby as heck. Any more suggestions?