stick to it!

Options
First day to MFP...need to stay motivated to say no to foods that are not good for me. Can you say CHIPS!...motivation to get my butt moving and exercise..... i gotta dig to find it.

Replies

• Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I'm feeling like I want to binge or skip a workout, I will look at an old picture of myself when I was really big. That helps. But you really gotta just learn how to say no, strengthen your will power, cause without it, you'll always struggle. Once I start a workout, 5-10 minutes into it I feel much better anyways and I'm always glad I did it when I'm done. :) If you just say to yourself, I'll try for 5 minutes, and if I still don't want to do it I won't, I think you'll find that you're exercising more that way. It helps me, hope it helps you too!
  • barnett30
    Options
    hey, the one thing i like about this website is that it allows you to have all of the foods you like but teaches you and shows you how to eat them in moderation. you dont have to giveup all of your favs. i still eat my chips, candies, etc. i just learn not to eat too many! good luck to sticking to it. i need luck too!
    :smile:
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    One clue to will power - it gets exponentially harder to stick to your guns if you're tired, or have been forced to make lots of little decisions all day (this is a great article on it! http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/21/magazine/do-you-suffer-from-decision-fatigue.html?pagewanted=all ), so try to plan out what you're going to eat our how you're going to work out, and then you'll be spared decision fatigue : )
  • sryan8408
    sryan8408 Posts: 244
    Options
    Good luck to you! I wish you all the success in the world! beezil made a good point and you can also be the teenage girl you used to be and take a magazine and cut out pretty clothes you'd love to wear when you get to your goal weight, or maybe theres a girl on there with an awesome body that youd love to have and post those on the fridge or cabinet. I also find that if I put my "goodies" in a special drawer and lock it if you can, if you have to do an extra step that you normally wouldn't do it will help you second guess if you really want it or not. But my fridge is my fitness poster board. If I make a mile stone, I take an index card, write it down and stick it on the fridge. And it could be weight loss or inches or an exercise mile stone. So everytime I want something to eat, I have to look at what I've done to get to the point I'm at and where I want to be. Very good motivation to not eat fatty foods :)
  • trishc39076
    Options
    It will get easier!! Good luck to you! We all know EXACTLY what you are going through! :)