Not reaching Calorie Goals please healp.

Options
I started dieting and exercising again using MFP about 2 weeks ago, MFP says that my calorie goal should be 1496. However I have not been able to reach that goal since I came back. I am usually at around 600-700 calories for the day. The thing is that I am eating the same as I did prior to coming back to MFP just eating healthier foods and cut the soda out. Even with this low cal count I do not feel hungry through out the day, I don't want to force myself to eat if I am not hungry. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Robinkinchen
    Robinkinchen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Consistently eating under 1200 calories per day is not healthy. You will be more likely to get sick and less likely to lose weight eventually. What are you eating now?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    You are going to be losing a TON of muscle eating that little bro

1496 still seems too low to me. Add more fats like olive oil, nuts, avocado, seeds
    and more protein like chicken, whey powder, cottage cheese, beef, pork, turkey
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    you are starving yourself, and your body is confused. please goto my blog in my signature. there are two sample menus there that are 1200 calories. if you simply cannot eat drink somejuice nourish your body. juice milk or smoothies to get that number up.

be healthy
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I started dieting and exercising again using MFP about 2 weeks ago, MFP says that my calorie goal should be 1496. However I have not been able to reach that goal since I came back. I am usually at around 600-700 calories for the day. The thing is that I am eating the same as I did prior to coming back to MFP just eating healthier foods and cut the soda out. Even with this low cal count I do not feel hungry through out the day, I don't want to force myself to eat if I am not hungry. Any suggestions?

Ohhh, eacting 600-700 calories per day....sooo you are here trying to GAIN Wt. I can't help ya!
  • Twa0979
    Options
    No your body needs 1200 Calories a day.

If you are eating about the same, You former Calories may have come from soda, which is huge (A couple hundred per can)

Try to increase your protean, or maybe add an energy bar. I personally love the Cliff Bars Peanut Butter Flavor. All Natural Good
    Carbs and 240 Calories
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    try eating some nuts..i like almonds and natural peanut butter. avacado and cooking with olive oil
    Options
    To all of you saying 1200 calories a day. He needs WAY more than that. NO male should be eating 1200 calories a day.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Minimum calories for a man is 1800.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    . The thing is that I am eating the same as I did prior to coming back to MFP just eating healthier foods and cut the soda out.
    Go back to the soda and/or have a few candy bars every day.
    Options
    Minimum calories for a man is 1800.

^^ Listen to that
  • MRC77
    MRC77 Posts: 51
    Options
    Thank you all, I will try out the smoothies and energy bars see how that goes, I am trying to lose at least 50lbs. So up it to 1,800?
  • MRC77
    Options
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel... In my first few days I thought I was doing great by eating under 1,000 calories.... but then I started waking up feeling sick, and didn't loose any weight for my week.... I always like a piece of toast with peanut butter about an hour 1/2 before I go to bed. It can get you to your calorie needs, and t'll deep you full.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I have kind of a hard time understanding how someone who is overweight has trouble meeting the minimum calorie goals. What were you doing before you started using MFP? Go back to eating some of those higher calorie foods.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    That comes off as a lot more rude than I intended.
  • haleyk
    haleyk Posts: 58
    Options
    Try adding low-fat yogurt, chicken breast, plain oatmeal, olive oil or cottage cheese. They are good choices that can add protein and calories.
  • jezmarie89
    Options
    your metabolism slows if you eat under 1200 so that isnt good and you wont lose.. you need to fuel your body.. add nuts lean meats avocados..
  • MRC77
    Options
    Sue, its ok I got what you meant, I basically drank A LOT of coke which I think is the main problem for being overweight. 2nd I have never eaten a lot but did eat all the wrong things like pizza, McDonalds, fried food, etc..... I am trying to change my eating habits to more healthier foods but I am finding trouble reaching my cal goal. The problem is that I don't feel hungry through out the day, I don't do breakfast (never have) and I don't have lunch until like almost 3pm and then dinner at around 7pm. So now without all the bad foods my cal count stays very low
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have kind of a hard time understanding how someone who is overweight has trouble meeting the minimum calorie goals. What were you doing before you started using MFP? Go back to eating some of those higher calorie foods.

OK now I dont want this to sound rude because its not my intention either...but it does hit a nerve :( and makes me sad to think that people have this conception about overweight people eating a ton of high calorie foods..I am overweight and I have had my share of unhealthy eating..I wont deny that..but I had the habit of eating only once a day..at dinner..and dont think I would eat for 3 people just because it was my only meal...but I did find out that because I was eating only once a day everything I ate would store into my body and not necessarily in a good way...I too have the problem of eating too few calories and I am trying to incorporate snacks or more good fat ...
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Fill in the calories by eating some Peanut Butter. 2 Table spoons have about 200 calories, good protein and good fat plus it taste so good!