Hello From MISSOURI

Options
Hello all of you wonderful people! My name is Pearl and I'm here because I'm an emotional night time eater. Which has landed me in the horrible shape that I'm in now. I'm making 2009 mine. I'll be 54 years old this year and for years I've kept telling myself I can't be a fox when I get older if I don't start taking necessary steps now. Well, older is here and I'm not the fox I want to be. So I'm taking charge now. I've said enough is enough and I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am so done with being the fat girl. I want to rid myself of 80 to 100 pounds of artery choking fat. My sister found and joined this site and shortly after told me about it and viola!!! here I am. I love the tools this site has and I hope to make loads of friends who know first hand the struggles of losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I wish each and every one on this site the very best of luck and happy healthy living!!!

P.S. Could anyone tell me how to add friends to my page. I have looked high and low, obviously I'm missing something because I don't see a place where friends can be added. Think it's a classic case of can't see the forest for the trees, I'm looking so hard, LOL.

Pearl

Replies

• Exqitblkprl
    Exqitblkprl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello all of you wonderful people! My name is Pearl and I'm here because I'm an emotional night time eater. Which has landed me in the horrible shape that I'm in now. I'm making 2009 mine. I'll be 54 years old this year and for years I've kept telling myself I can't be a fox when I get older if I don't start taking necessary steps now. Well, older is here and I'm not the fox I want to be. So I'm taking charge now. I've said enough is enough and I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am so done with being the fat girl. I want to rid myself of 80 to 100 pounds of artery choking fat. My sister found and joined this site and shortly after told me about it and viola!!! here I am. I love the tools this site has and I hope to make loads of friends who know first hand the struggles of losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I wish each and every one on this site the very best of luck and happy healthy living!!!

P.S. Could anyone tell me how to add friends to my page. I have looked high and low, obviously I'm missing something because I don't see a place where friends can be added. Think it's a classic case of can't see the forest for the trees, I'm looking so hard, LOL.

Pearl
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    welcome! I have been here nearly 3 weeks now and LOVE this site. The people are great, the tools are great, and the support is great!

To add a friend click on their profile, and at the top next to their name there is a place you can click to add them, and then the person will have to "approve" it.

Good luck on your journey!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: I'm from Missouri to:happy:
  • Exqitblkprl
    Options
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm really feeling good about this whole thing. 1389 where are you in Missouri? I'm in Saint Joseph. Congrat's to the both of you on your weight loss, and much continued success!

P. S. Thanks for telling me how to add a friend, I'd like to add both of you if that's okay?!

Blessings,

Pearl
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I'm in Ozark MO. I'm new to the area so not sure how or how far you are from there.
    Go right ahead and add me as a friend...Thanks:flowerforyou:
  • lanasgurl
    lanasgurl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome Pearl... good luck on your journey.

I would like to know the same thing about finding and adding friends.
  • Exqitblkprl
    Options
    Oh Great age1389 I will do that now. I'm not sure where Ozark is from here either. Maybe a couople of hrs or so probably. But that's ok, I'm glad to know another person from MO, lol.

Hello Lanasgurl, thanks for the welcome. Now I have to go figure out why my ticker isn't showing up dag-nab-it!!!

:noway: :smile:
  • Nessc
    Nessc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Now I have to go figure out why my ticker isn't showing up dag-nab-it!!!

:noway: :smile:

When you create your ticker, go to my home, click on settings, click on change signature forum, and then paste the code the ticker gives you there. It should then show up. Good luck on your weight loss journey and welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Exqitblkprl
    Options
    Thank you so much Nessc,WOO HOO... I did it right this time. Must have been doing something wrong first time around. And thank you for the warm welcome.

:wink:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    age1389 I am in Springfield Missouri:smile: