Weigh in: 261.2 lbs
    Net Difference: n/a
  • havalinaz
    havalinaz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Date: 10/20/2011
    Weigh in: 186 lbs

I am taking 14 hours of nursing classes, which includes clinicals either once or twice a week. We were instructed to discontinue working and not make any major life changes, because it is a fast track program. WELL, I got pregnant and now have a 6 month old! The timing was not perfect, but I love my baby girl, and being a nurse is going to get me where I need to be to support her. In my case, college discourages healthy living. We were even told NOT to start a new diet or make any major alterations while in the program. Since the hours are so tough, my techniques for staying healthy is to take baby steps and recognise even the smallest of changes. If I can make it through this, I know I can do anything!
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Im in! Im a sophmore majoring in nutrition. SW 154 CW 130 GW 125! I need help staying motivated to lose these last 5 pounds, they are the hardest!
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Date: 10/20/2011
    Weigh in: 133 lbs

I'm really glad I've been able to keep soccer in my life. It adds some structured, all-out exercise regularly, which I can't skip without letting everyone down. Our season ends soon, though, so I need to find something else to play until intramurals start in the spring. As a grad student, there just isn't enough time for anything. There's always something else I ought to have read or studied, but I find that my work time is much more effective if I exercise and eat healthy. It's just easier for me to dedicate an hour or two to my physical well-being (most days) than to fight colds and flu every few weeks.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Date 10/20/11
    CW: 161 lbs
    Net difference: N/A

I just have to say that I'm loving the weekly challenge because this is something I struggle with! For example, today, I drank two cups of water and that's it. (I also drank a few drinks but that doesn't count). Good idea!

I think that with the college lifestyle, it is hard to do activity. Friends always want to snack and watch movies (and I do too!) but it's not good for health. The cafeteria food is mostly unhealthy, and they encourage you to take large portions. To stay healthy, I live off campus and cook my own food, and exercise about 5 times a week.
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options

college.jpg

BEST EVER
    by the way,
    weigh in: 131
    net: total: -2, weekly: +1 :( damn exams
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I love that college triangle thing! I haven't met anyone at my school who's managed to do all three...
  • InvictusPheonix
    Options
    bump
  • ProjectSara
    ProjectSara Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to check in on Saturdays, since that's when I come to my hometown and weigh myself.

Date: 10/24/2011
    Weigh in: 131 lbs
    Net Difference: -2 <--- :D

I think college life can be healthy, but it's up to the individual to prioritize fitness, and take advantage of the sports/gym access/etc that colleges offer. I try to set time aside every day for exercise. It doesn't always happen, but if I realize I'm putting homework in front of exercise consistently for a few days, I'll force myself to take a break for it, even if I have a lot of work to do. I find that I feel better, and am more efficient afterwards anyways when I do.
  • ProjectSara
    ProjectSara Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Ooops, date is 10/22/2011

Also, my goals are to be between 120 and 125, and have really strong legs to kick butt at snowboarding this winter!
  • classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Exactly lol

college.jpg

BEST EVER
    by the way,
    weigh in: 131
    net: total: -2, weekly: +1 :( damn exams
  • mapsie
    mapsie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just saw this group and hope I can still join! I just graduated college and moved back home to begin nursing school and now commute part-time. I have to say, it is a lot harder to stay on track now with all this food around me constantly. In fact, the past 3 days I have just eaten so much...halloween candy, pizza, you name it. I need to try something different and this looks like such a good motivating group! I guess I missed this week so I'll start next week with the goals because I haven't weighed in these disastrous weekend.

Date: 10/23/11
    Weigh-in: 150
    Net diff.: N/A

When I lived in my apt off campus I think that the daily life it was very hard to live a healthy lifestyle. I was able to walk to class every day and home between breaks which allowed me about 40 minutes of walking on average. However, when classes were over for the day and I did have time to go to the gym, then you have to study and do homework. The only free time that I student really has in on the weekends, but after 5 days of school/school work all I wanted to do was relax and go out. I don't know about other school but where I went to school (Ohio University) if you weren't out partying, you weren't living. It was just the way of life there, it was fun, but so not good for weight loss and a healthy way of living. The other difficulty I found was just not having enough money to buy healthy food, I could only afford pre-made and processed food. In order to stay healthy is all about moderation and moving as much as possible. Even just running around campus or window shopping on weekends is better than doing nothing at all on a tight schedule.
    Good luck to everyone and I know you all can do it!!
  • emilyc19
    emilyc19 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    hey guys! so happy about homecoming weekend. i went out last night and didn't drink and even burned calories dancing :) was a great time! hope you all are doing well!
  • mcintyrekn
    mcintyrekn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'd Love to join? I joined this site a year ago but just started to do it today... I could really use the support! How do I join a group?

By the way, I'm a senior Political Science major! :smile:
  • kater8er
    Options
    Ugh guys....Football weekends KILL me. It's not even the alcohol...I can resist that. It's the cake and burgers and chips tailgating!!! AHHH. And then your team doesn't even win. I should stop...
  • lisaz3349
    lisaz3349 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I feel you on football weekends. I can believe Wisconsin lost too!! UGH!!!!
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to join but don't know how. I could definitely use the motivation and any tips/recipes that are out there. Having no time or money is killing my diet. I'm a Junior, majoring in Biology and doing Pre-Pharm. I live with my boyfriend (who works night-shift) and neither one of us has time to cook. So, it's difficult to get things together.
  • InvictusPheonix
    Options
    I feel you on football weekends. I can believe Wisconsin lost too!! UGH!!!!
    Go green! :)
  • patriotsbball123
    patriotsbball123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    this group sounds great! it seems like all my friends just eat and eat and eat. this will be a great way to stay motivated and talk with other college students about the MANY challenges of eating healthy in college
  • kater8er
    Options
    Wednesday 10/26/2011

Weight: 159.0 lbs
    Net Difference: -0.4 lbs

Weekly Challenge Results:

1) I completed my diary every day except for Saturday.
    2) I exercised 3x for at least 30 minutes.