Shakeology? Huh?

Options
Ok so whats with it? Cheap alternatives? Why do you like it? Is it filling? Describe and name your fave flavors and why. and preference as meal replacement or snack.Thanks I want as much info as possible. I don't know really... xox

Replies

• Katelyn_Look
    Options
    I know Shakeology is ridiculously expensive. But personally, it is the only one I've ever had that tastes wonderful and fills me up. I love the chocolate and it really does keep you "regular"
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Be prepared for numerous personal messages offering to sell you some.
  • summerlopresti
    Options
    I have quite a few friends on facebook that absolutely swear by it! You can make a ton of different flavors some i have heard of are choco peanut butter, cinnamon roll and pumpkin. I guess you really can do a lot with it. Id love to get rid of a meal and have a shake but from what I hear its like 120$ for a month supply. Ouch.
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of cousins who are doing it. They have lost weight and are very fit right now. BUT they were not that over weight to start with. I have looked into, its is very costly and only comes in 2 flavors.
  • MaryStregger
    MaryStregger Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've tried it and found it kind of gross actually - like I was drinking chocolate pudding. There are a lot of really great shake options out there that I find filling and a lot better tasting. Visalus is pretty great and if you eat one shake a day it costs about $50 a month plus whatever you mix into it (milk or orange juice or whatever).
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I've tried it. It's good, yes, but not that great. I had the chocolate flavor. Definitely fills you up too. I'd get it if it wasn't so expensive. But I think you're probably better off planning your meals out and finding healthy ways to eat. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Ok so whats with it? Cheap alternatives? Why do you like it? Is it filling? Describe and name your fave flavors and why. and preference as meal replacement or snack.Thanks I want as much info as possible. I don't know really... xox
    Can't speak for the taste or flavor, but for the cost you can find cheaper alternatives and get similar results. To pay $120 a month for one shake a day is pretty expensive. You can get others for $1 or less per serving compared to the $3-$4 you spend on Shakeology.
  • BodybyPlants
    BodybyPlants Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Body by Vi - its great and nutritious!!!
  • debgcook
    Options
    Too expensive and I have been doing lots of research. I find Lean Shake from GNC is just as better and fulfilling and cheaper! Try it.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    *waiting for the shakeology piranhas to arrive*
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    BSN Synth-6 on Amazon (cheapest prices), any flavor is delicious! I blend it with a stick blender, put some ice cubes in to chill the mix and enjoy.
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Too expensive and I have been doing lots of research. I find Lean Shake from GNC is just as better and fulfilling and cheaper! Try it.

How much does that cost?
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    The only kind of shakeology that really is worthy of attention :P

388760.gif
  • beverlyl64
    Options
    I personally love it! I like both flavors Chocolate and Greenberry. Tropical will be out in January is Vegan. $3-4 a serving is not expensive to me. Most of you spend that much or more on lunch or on Starbucks. There are "cheaper" shakes out there but none of them have the same nutritional value. Just my opinion.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I personally love it! I like both flavors Chocolate and Greenberry. Tropical will be out in January is Vegan. $3-4 a serving is not expensive to me. Most of you spend that much or more on lunch or on Starbucks. There are "cheaper" shakes out there but none of them have the same nutritional value. Just my opinion.

Thank you for your unbiased opinion as a BeachBody coach who sells it.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the shake fad at all - to me there is no point in getting my protein and sugars and vitamins in a glass full of processed ... um... well I don't know what it is - processed food-like-substance I guess you could say.
    My choice is to eat a varied diet full of real food. I understand that not everyone wants to or is able to do this, hence the explosion of well-marketed diet products with big promises and big prices.

And I defnitley would not go anywhere near a diet product that is sold by multi-level marketing. That is wrong is so many many ways!

My best suggestion is to read the ingredient label of whatever you want to try and if you know what the ingredients are and are happy to put them in your body - then go for it!
  • paravision
    Options

How much does that cost?
    119.00 for 30 servings
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Shakeology is manufactured by a 3rd party and not Beach Body. Like most 3rd party manufacturers they will use low grade raw material (in this case from China) that isn't regulated since it's imported. So you can't be sure that you're not getting filler.
    It's moderate in protein (18g) compared to many other shakes (24g). For more than double the price, you would think you would get more protein and also higher quality protein blends. IMO, it's more about the marketing of the product.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    BTW to use the analogy that eating fast food or getting a Starbucks coffee as a comparison isn't valid. People aren't consuming that as a meal replacement or protein supplement.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I personally like the chocolate flavor but hate the greenberry flavor. I haven't had to take vitamins since using it, either. I used to have a protein shake plus a horse pill of a multi...now just the shake...so it works out for me. I think it tastes much better than pretty much every chocolate protein powder I have ever used which all taste kinda chalky to me. I like to mix it up with almond milk, flaxseed, and peanut butter and it honestly tastes like someone melted a Reese's in my cup. It gives me my choco-PB fix so I don't go running for the Reese's either.