calorie free noodles?

Options
has anyone tried the shirataki noodles? Apparently they have no calories, but im wondering how they taste? no point if they taste terrible

Replies

• ohmissemily
    ohmissemily Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    exactly, so who has tasted them?????
  • mariahp23
    Options
    I have been looking for them everywhere and can't find them!
  • Monze1
    Monze1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've been curious about what they taste like as well!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    they taste like nothing.. but the texture is like worms... not great... even under alfredo and cheese.. the tofu ones are a little better though.. i have found cutting zuchini is much tastier
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    "There are two types of shirataki noodles sold in the United States. Traditional shirataki noodles have zero net carbohydrates, no food energy, and no gluten, and they are useful for those on low-carbohydrate diets.[3] Tofu-based shirataki-style noodles are becoming increasingly popular in U.S. supermarkets and health food stores. They have a much shorter shelf life and require refrigeration even before opening. Tofu-based noodles contain a minimal amount of carbohydrate.[4]"
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Yam noodles are 0 calories and 0 carb. They are sold in regular grocery stores. They come in little bags filled with liquid. They don't taste like anything really, but are pretty filling and good in chicken broth for when you just need something and don't want to add any calories.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I've had the tofu based ones.

shirataki.jpg

I like them just fine. Of course I'd rather have real pasta, but can't go wrong for 40 calories for the entire package! I like the angel hair kind. They do have kind of a "pop" to them, but it doesn't bother me.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    "There are two types of shirataki noodles sold in the United States. Traditional shirataki noodles have zero net carbohydrates, no food energy, and no gluten, and they are useful for those on low-carbohydrate diets.[3] Tofu-based shirataki-style noodles are becoming increasingly popular in U.S. supermarkets and health food stores. They have a much shorter shelf life and require refrigeration even before opening. Tofu-based noodles contain a minimal amount of carbohydrate.[4]"

I've tried the tofu noodles & they're good, not great. The smell is awful when you open them, but after a proper rinse they smell better. The texture is sort of chewy, but overall not bad considering the low calorie/carbs
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    I tried Miracle Noodles. I bought them on the internet and had to buy like 12 at a time. They smell a little funny, have no taste, and the texture is weird. I won't buy them again. There are tofu noodles that are low all around and have a much better texture. I found them in the produce section of the grocery store.
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    I cooked some today they aren't bad, none of them have no calories only water does. In the US they may say that like they say diet coke has 0 cals but it actually has 1.4 cals in Aus it's more correct. I'm looking forward to try fettechini ones
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    I cooked some today they aren't bad, none of them have no calories only water does. In the US they may say that like they say diet coke has 0 cals but it actually has 1.4 cals in Aus it's more correct. I'm looking forward to try fettechini ones
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    They taste like *kitten* and have a horrible texture. Sure, you can eat a crap load of them, however I'd rather eat a smaller portion of something that is satisfying and actually tastes good. Quality over quantity.