outside running

any way i could spice it up? im about to go for a run

Replies

• MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Get a dog! They make really fun running partners!!
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Get chased by a dog. Great motivation.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Use landmarks - light poles or mailboxes or houses - to sprint point to point every so often throughout your run.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member

Yeah! No kidding .... I've had some scare the bageebers out of me. Who needs to run ... dogs chasing you have a way of elevating your heartrate.
  • Wear something bizarre. If people stare you'll run faster to get away, laughing as you go mwuhahahahaa. xx
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    hahah thanks all great ideas :)

and yes the dog thing, i am terrified of angry dogs.
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    I was chased by 2 this morning.. spiked the heartrate.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    :tongue: Have a really good looking buff guy in a speedo run ahead of you. If you catch him you get him

lol it would work for me
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member

Hahahaha! In my case, I would be having a cardiac arrest if a dog were to chase me :D
  • umfan85
    umfan85 Posts: 113 Member
    What do you do when you encounter a dog? I have thankfully not run into this problem, but I have come close. I normally turn around if I see one way ahead in the distance that might be trouble. I know this is not what you are supposed to do if you encounter one close?

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but it seems like there is some experience here.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,319 Member
    Wear something bizarre. If people stare you'll run faster to get away, laughing as you go mwuhahahahaa. xx

graveyards are among my favorite places to run...call me morbid! But I like to see pretty tombstones and then i say "ok, I will sprint to that tombstone" then check it out and keep running.

Also, i like to do hills, if I can find a hilly spot I will make myself run all of the hills, if it's flat ground i'm allowed to walk but I must run on hills....kinda like interval training
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    RE: Wear something bizarre.

That's awesome. I'm doing that next time I go out. I'm thinking either feather boa or balloon hat.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,319 Member
    oh he said WEAR something bizzare not RUN somewhere bizzare....totally misread that! i like that idea though!
  • Kellie0710
    Kellie0710 Posts: 95 Member
    Speaking of wearing something bizarre lol my area is having a Wicked 10k next weekend where people will dress in halloween costumes for the entire race, hahaha should be a fun time!!

I like the idea to count land marks and such, thats what I did during my first Half marathon in September to keep myself going. I would tell myself I just had to make it the next power pole then walk for one then run for one lol and I finished it! lol Also get some music that will really pump you up!