unconventional uses for protein powder..ideas

Options
Share your ideas for protein powder. What do you use it for besides shakes? Applicable recipes would be much appreciated. thanks! :)

Replies

• arispawild
    Options
    Oatmeal!
  • mushalek
    Options
    i put a scoop in with my oatmeal in the morning, usually vanilla powder with oatfit cinnamon roll oatmeal yummmy :)
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Someone suggested putting it in plain greek yogurt (tastes like cake batter). I plan to try that tonight.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Although I don't have the recipe, A buddy of mine makes protein powder pancakes.
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    PANCAKES!

Quaker Oats 1/2 cup dry
    Vanilla Protein Powder, 1 Scoop
    Spices - Cinnamon, ground, to taste
    Egg Whites 0.33 cup
    Cottage Cheese - Fat Free, 0.33 cup
    Blueberries - Raw, 0.25 cup
    Ground Flax Seed, 1 Tablespoon

mix it all together into a "batter" and cook in a fry pan with spray olive oil until golden. makes 1 serving, which is 3 small pancakes. SOOO good you dont even need syrup.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Custard

2 tbsp 0% fat plain greek yogurt
    ½ scoop vanilla flavored whey protein powder

-(healthie foodie)

So good... warm it up if you like! Tastes like a splurge, but it is healthy. More than that, the amount of protein will keep you full for hours!
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have been making my own protein bars by mixing it with peanut butter in a 1:1 ratio. I portion them in 2 Tbsp portions and wrap in plastic wrap and store in the freezer. They are not very low calorie, though.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    PANCAKES!

Quaker Oats 1/2 cup dry
    Vanilla Protein Powder, 1 Scoop
    Spices - Cinnamon, ground, to taste
    Egg Whites 0.33 cup
    Cottage Cheese - Fat Free, 0.33 cup
    Blueberries - Raw, 0.25 cup
    Ground Flax Seed, 1 Tablespoon

mix it all together into a "batter" and cook in a fry pan with spray olive oil until golden. makes 1 serving, which is 3 small pancakes. SOOO good you dont even need syrup.

definitely trying this!
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Options

oh my!! I think I could marry you!
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I love making protein pancakes also. :) My recipe is pretty simple: 1/2 mashed banana + 1 whole egg (hate leaving out the yolk, it's so full of nutrients!) + 1 scoop protein powder + soy or almond milk until right "pancake batter" consistency (usually 1-2 tbsp). Sometimes I will add ground oats or some sort of flour and some baking powder (makes fluffier pancakes). And then top with nut butter.

Also, I am sometimes pressed for time in the morning, and will make this "breakfast cookie" (I think it's more like "no-cook oats"): http://fitnessista.com/2008/11/something-worth-waking-up-for/ I've mixed in the mashed banana like she mentions, and I tried adding pumpkin butter... so good!

I also add protein powder to warm oats in the morning sometimes.
  • MomBod81
    MomBod81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    Put it in baggies ( 1Kg portion ), and slip it into the carry-on luggage of your enemies.
    Options
    Put it in baggies ( 1Kg portion ), and slip it into the carry-on luggage of your enemies.
    why would you be traveling with your enemies and why would they trust you to be that close to them? lol
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    why would you be traveling with your enemies and why would they trust you to be that close to them? lol

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."
    Sun-tzu
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I've put it in my cereal. It was kind of hard to mix but sort of tasted like chocolate milk in cereal so it wasn't too bad
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I put frozen fruit in a cup with a bit of water and the powder, I use an immersion blender and make it super thick, like frozen yogurt... mmmmm so good!
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!
  • wendybird2
    wendybird2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just tried this recipe for a Chocolate Peanutbutter Protein Souffle yesterday, and it was pretty tasty. You can find the recipe here:

http://www.leighpeele.com/chocolate-protein-pb-souffle-recipe