Night time eating

Options
Need ideas on what to eat or what to do between 8-10 pm.... This is my WORST time of night and I always seem to eat more calories or completely blow it during this time!
Any suggestions

Replies

• melissabee31
    Options
    Make a cup of tea instead :) Obviously decaf
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello with fat free reddi whip
  • emyback68
    Options
    I understand completely, as this is a hard time for me to. What helps (sometimes) is brushing my teeth by 8pm when I am done eating for the night. I also find that crocheting (or knitting or needlepoint, or anything with your hands) helps. I do that while watching tv at night rather than eating. Finally, I just had to stop buying the things I like to eat at night. If its not in the house, I can't eat it!
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Crudites! Little sticks of carrot, capsicum, celery and cucumber will vanish if you're watching telly. They feel good too because of the "CRUNCH" factor.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Another option would be to just eat a bit less in the daytime, so you can enjoy a snack or two during that hard time, and enjoy it guilt-free! :)
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I chew gum. I figured out I really just want to keep my mouth busy.

edit: ok, guys...go ahead and tear that one apart :/
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Make a cup of tea instead :) Obviously decaf

I 100% Agree with this! That's what I did last night and it helped me relax and not think about eating!!
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am the same way, the nights are the worst for me.. Me and the hubby are always snuggled up watching TV and its the worst snack time... I always make sure to have lots of fruits and veggies in the fridge so if I do get the urge I will grab some fruits and veggies to munch.. the great thing is it takes the snack urge away and they fill you :)
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    reduce your calories consumed during the day, so you can have your 8-10 treat.
  • Maximus0005
    Maximus0005 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have a similar issue. What I have found to be helpful is to up my water intake a bit. Sometimes if that is not enough some organic tortilla chips from whole foods or trader joes (basically ones with little fat and unnecessary added bad stuff) with some salsa helps me too.
  • nirvana1
    Options
    to be honest, if I start to think about eating I just go to bed really early. I feel sleep is a massive part of weight loss anyway, your body releases a hormone that aids weight loss while you sleep. It's important to not eat carbs before going to bed as your body can't release the hormone as well, but it is a myth that eating before you sleep makes you fat, just as long as it's generally low carb/carb free.
  • Legalchica
    Options
    popcorn :)
  • snuffmomma77
    snuffmomma77 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My trainer said protien, lean protien chicken breast, egg whites, or get you a protien drink that has casien in it and it breaks down through out the night to help you stop hunger..
  • htrl877
    htrl877 Posts: 49
    Options
    ugh yeah I am the worst with late night eating. Its pretty much the death of me. Try drinking water or simply going to bed earlier. try to wean yourself off of late night eating. If you do it once shame on you, if you do it twice shame on you again! Tea is a good idea decaf. maybe a couple of cups of water might help.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Low cal veggies

celery sticks
    radishes
    cabbage leaves
    veggie soup
    red/orange bell pepper strips (my favorite)
    etc

or leave enough calories for crackers and nut butter
    nuts
    small can of tuna
    greek yogurt
    cottage cheese

I like veggies because they keep my hands and mouth busy. Sometimes on those really hungry nights I need protein. Plus I have heard protein is a great late snack for your body to digest while sleeping. Good for muscle repair and all that.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Need ideas on what to eat or what to do between 8-10 pm.... This is my WORST time of night and I always seem to eat more calories or completely blow it during this time!
    Any suggestions

How about you don't eat anything? Why do you HAVE to eat something?

If you must,

Almonds
    peanut butter
    veggies
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    My trainer said protien, lean protien chicken breast, egg whites, or get you a protien drink that has casien in it and it breaks down through out the night to help you stop hunger..

Most people aren't going to make eggs or chicken for a "snack" while watching tv.
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    When this happens to me I first drink a full 8 ounce glass of water to see if perhaps I'm mistaking hunger for thirst. If, within 20 minutes I'm still feeling truly hungry, I munch celery sticks or enjoy a PureTrim truffle.
  • HarpingOn
    HarpingOn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I will have a slice of ryvita.
  • Leegree
    Leegree Posts: 24
    Options
    I keep a supply of Sugar Free Parfait which you get at the Dollar Store.It feels like you are eating a treat but very few calories. I also keep pretzel sticks if I want a salty crunch and little sugar free hard candies. I also give myself about a 100 calories for this late night snack. It is budgeted into my day's calorie intake. Good Luck.