New from Illinois

Options
Hi! I am a 35 year old mom of two. I have always been overweight and am really ready to actually try something now. I am hoping this site will help keep me going.
I have been using my Wii Fit to at least start moving as well as walking with my kids each night. DH and I will be going to look for a gym hopefully tomorrow. Not sure I'll be real comfy working out in a public gym, but I can't stay like this forever.

Replies

• oct2028
    oct2028 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! I am a 35 year old mom of two. I have always been overweight and am really ready to actually try something now. I am hoping this site will help keep me going.
    I have been using my Wii Fit to at least start moving as well as walking with my kids each night. DH and I will be going to look for a gym hopefully tomorrow. Not sure I'll be real comfy working out in a public gym, but I can't stay like this forever.
  • bluroses
    bluroses Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on taking the first steps!
  • kbop
    kbop Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've only been on here a short time...but it works!!! I'm so much more aware of what I put in my mouth now. Good luck to you!

K (from IL, too!)
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    This is my third day on here. I'm really becoming more aware of what i'm eating! That was my biggest problem. I enjoy exercise and i have finally fit somewhat of a routine into every day. Now i need to work on the FOOD part of it. :)

GOOD LUCK!
    OH.. and i'm from IL too. - Tiff
  • courtney21
    courtney21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This site is WONDERFUL! Welcome and good luck!
  • Bug263
    Bug263 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    good luck... and as far as the gym goes don't sweat it almost anyone there is to busy worrying about themselves to even care about what your doing.....everyone is self-concious about something, that what I tell myself when I go:laugh:
  • Jaclyn53
    Jaclyn53 Posts: 5
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello Everyone! I just joined today and am truly excited to have a community I can talk to!
    Congrats to everyone who has taken the right steps to a healthier life style! I started with my personal trainer, and EDIT plan (I don't refer to it as a DIET) Feb 1st and have lost 45lbs so far! 192 more lbs to go!!!

Good Luck~Jaclyn
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    You will love this site and all the helpfull people on it.

I am from IL too in AL now
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: This is a great site. Good luck to you in your weight loss. I used to live in Galesburg, IL, but now I'm in Washington State.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • oct2028
    oct2028 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you everyone for a very warm welcome!
    Yesterday was a really really bad day, and well today I am paying the price for it, not motivated to do anything.....sigh
  • sculpy3
    sculpy3 Posts: 17
    Options
    welcome............. this is a great tool. i have just recently started using it also....

oh im from illinois to!!!! :happy:
  • kenewayne
    kenewayne Posts: 169 Member
    Options

Welcome! This site is AWESOME! I've never been more in 'tune' with my nutritional habits since joining here! I started with my Wii as well last summer. Then my wife bought me the P90X workout program and it's changed my life!! (and her's too!)...come visit at www.pricefamilyfitness.com! Welcome again! God bless....:smile: