Athletic people, what am I doing wrong?

Options
13»

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    1. would think that 1800 is too much for you, I eat 2k on my weight loss and I currently weigh 210. I lift 6 days a week and do 4 30 minute cardio sessions, usually 1 60min high-intensity session.

2. Overtraining is a possibility, sometimes less is more.
    You should be doing 5 cardio sessions............................:laugh:

Can't argue with you on that one. Although the 1 high intensity session often turns into 5th. Lol
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey Girl! I wish I had an answer for you!!! you know I'm in the same boast! me being 5 foot 1 I understand completely where you are coming from....it's nice to be toned but we are short so it makes us look squat.....plus to see the muscle tone we need to lose body fat...people will say "oh you don't need to lose any more weight?" but we know our own bodies and where we feel comfortable! it's extremely frustrating....the only way I've been able to drop any weight is by dropping my calories, I know a lot of people don't agree but it's working for me so far, it's hard because I love food!! I've tried everything...

upping calories
    zigzagging
    eating exercise calories
    not eating exercise calories
    upping protein
    no processed foods
    no alcohol
    less carbs
    more water
    no caffeine
    more caffeine
    more exercise
    less exercise

the list goes on and on!!!! guess we just have to keep pushing on and trying what works for us!!

Sxxx
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hey Girl! I wish I had an answer for you!!! you know I'm in the same boast! me being 5 foot 1 I understand completely where you are coming from....it's nice to be toned but we are short so it makes us look squat.....plus to see the muscle tone we need to lose body fat...people will say "oh you don't need to lose any more weight?" but we know our own bodies and where we feel comfortable! it's extremely frustrating....the only way I've been able to drop any weight is by dropping my calories, I know a lot of people don't agree but it's working for me so far, it's hard because I love food!! I've tried everything...

upping calories
    zigzagging
    eating exercise calories
    not eating exercise calories
    upping protein
    no processed foods
    no alcohol
    less carbs
    more water
    no caffeine
    more caffeine
    more exercise
    less exercise

the list goes on and on!!!! guess we just have to keep pushing on and trying what works for us!!

Sxxx

in some way or the other they have worked for you... the education, not giving up... etc... what a year 2011 has being my friend.... sorry for hijaking the thread...
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    She's 5'2", it's not unreasonable to want to be below 133.

Nope, it's not unreasonable to want to lose more weight at 5'2 or whatever. But it IS unreasonable to get worked up about the number on the scale if, during the time in question, her body has significantly improved. And by significantly, I mean noticeably, which is obviously the case since she noted her observations.
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Has your body fat percentage changed? My goal weight is 132 but when I get there I plan to focus on my body fat percentage to get between 18-19%... I dont think I'll lose more weight but i'll def tone up and lose inches and gain muscle... try either doing measurements (though it may be getting a little late in the game lol) or possibly doing before/after pics :)
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Ok wow, lots of opinions here. Thank you for your advice. I think the most common thing mentioned is that I do not get in enough calories. I intend to pre plan my meals that way I will not fall short and will have everything I need on hand so I don't eat out as much anymore. Second, I will cut back on the gym workouts and just do the P90X/Insanity hydrid. I'm on week 3 so I have quite a ways to go.

As far as the number you are all right. I was complaining to my workout buddies last night about it and my best friend actually walked upstairs, into my bathroom and took my scale. She said she would give it back when we complete P90X. I guess from now until the end of December when we finish I will only go by my measurements and body fat percentage. Trust me folks, the ones saying I'm hung up on a number. If I drop in body fat between now and December and when my scale comes back I still weigh the same, I will NOT CARE!!!!!!! In fact maybe after having it gone for so long I won't even want it back.

Thank you all again, heck I'll even report back at the end of P90X and let you know if my body fat decreased. Thanks again.
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Ok wow, lots of opinions here. Thank you for your advice. I think the most common thing mentioned is that I do not get in enough calories. I intend to pre plan my meals that way I will not fall short and will have everything I need on hand so I don't eat out as much anymore. Second, I will cut back on the gym workouts and just do the P90X/Insanity hydrid. I'm on week 3 so I have quite a ways to go.

As far as the number you are all right. I was complaining to my workout buddies last night about it and my best friend actually walked upstairs, into my bathroom and took my scale. She said she would give it back when we complete P90X. I guess from now until the end of December when we finish I will only go by my measurements and body fat percentage. Trust me folks, the ones saying I'm hung up on a number. If I drop in body fat between now and December and when my scale comes back I still weigh the same, I will NOT CARE!!!!!!! In fact maybe after having it gone for so long I won't even want it back.

Thank you all again, heck I'll even report back at the end of P90X and let you know if my body fat decreased. Thanks again.

Yay! Can't wait to hear about your results, it's really hard to not focus on the scale, but it is super important. I started a new program and way of eating last February and I lost bf% and weigh 2 lbs more then when I started, but jeans are baggier and my abs look as nice as I think they can get pre hernia surgery now. So props to you for letting your friend steal your scale! You wont regret it. The scale makes people under eat often I think and that's terrible, no one should have to starve to feel better about themselves. Hugs!