Motivation Going into the Weekend

Options
OK I have most of today left before I leave work. I have had a pretty crappy week and can feel my resolve slipping as I have already snuck into my co-worker's candy jar. I've had some pretty steady weight loss over the last month. It has been slow going but definatly worth it. BUT I am a SEVERE emotional eater and can tell already that it will be a rough weekend. I suppose acknowledging this is a good thing but I don't know that I will be able to stop it. . . I may need some extra encouragement come Monday...

Replies

• AdventureFreak
    AdventureFreak Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Make sure to rest well, be accepting of your emotional needs, acknowledge your eating, and gently guide yourself. This is a long and hard journey and sometimes we get off track. You will get back on and reach your goals! :wink:
  • jewels68
    Options
    Sending positive thoughts your way. I set myself up this week. I've been doing great too. I joined a 10 lb weightloss challenge starting today. So that gave me 3 days to "cheat". Now my weightloss needs to be 11 lbs. LOL... Good luck. I'll need it too. Going out with hubby this weekend to a work "paintball" thing. Never been and have no clue if everyone is going afterwards or not. Need to make smart food choices.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    why does it have to be the whole weekend?? why can't it just be one night of treating yourself? notice i said "treat" not cheat. you need to maintain control. understanding your weaknesses will help you, but just remember, you said you've been losing steadily. do you really want to undo that because of a rough week at work?
  • Legalchica
    Options
    why does it have to be the whole weekend?? why can't it just be one night of treating yourself? notice i said "treat" not cheat. you need to maintain control. understanding your weaknesses will help you, but just remember, you said you've been losing steadily. do you really want to undo that because of a rough week at work?

LOL if it was just work it wouldnt be a problem. That I can handle.
  • ginagina43
    Options
    You hold the power. You have been choosing to eat right and exercise. You don't have to choose to give up your power because it has been a bad week. Let your successes empower you to maintain control. You got this girl. Stay Strong!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

LOL if it was just work it wouldnt be a problem. That I can handle.

work, personal life, school, whatever. i'm not putting down your stresses, because god know i have my own, but i do my best to let them not affect my fitness goals. i know if i let those stresses effect my food choices, i'll be struggling to undo those decisions for days. not worth it, in my opinion. yeah, i'll pour myself a drink after a rough week at work, but going out for a bacon cheeseburger deluxe? Naaaaaaaaaah. let me go for a run instead.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    weekends can really hard for me too, but I try enjoy the time with my family and friends and they've finally accepted that I may not be indulging in all the bad food chioces out there. I do treat myself though and try keep working out throughout the weekend. Enjoy the weekend!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    work, personal life, school, whatever. i'm not putting down your stresses, because god know i have my own, but i do my best to let them not affect my fitness goals. i know if i let those stresses effect my food choices, i'll be struggling to undo those decisions for days. not worth it, in my opinion. yeah, i'll pour myself a drink after a rough week at work, but going out for a bacon cheeseburger deluxe? Naaaaaaaaaah. let me go for a run instead.
    [/quote]

^I agree with this! Do the best you can and really getting out working off the stress really does help! Good for the body and the mind! You can do this and you will be much happier with yourself come Monday :wink: