Joint Supplements

Options
Just wondered who used them :smile:

Are they for preventative measures or cure ?

Which ones do you use ?

How effective have they been ?

Thanks
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I have knees that have been bothering my on and off for the last 10-15 years. They bugged me when I was younger and in much better shape, and they bugged me when I was at my heaviest. I've been a regular user of glucosamine/chondroitin for quite a while, and when I take it my knees definitely complain a lot less.
  • goquiltersgo
    goquiltersgo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I take MSM because I have a fish allery that won't let me take the other stuff. It works pretty well.
  • Bomber989
    Options
    I've had minor knee issues and started using Shaklee Joint Compound. It worked great and is all natural to boot. This helped me with my running and as I've lost weight, it's progressively gotten better. Good luck.
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I've been taking 1500mg of glucosamine chondroitin for a few years. It works, but it's no cure, I still have pain.

aug
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I take one for pain control (arthritis in ankle/neck/back). When I'm stupid enough to believe it doesn't work I let myself run out for a good reminder. :tongue: I take Recovery which also has a really good antioxidant complex in it. It's also vegan so no worries about animal products.
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much for your replies :smile: much appreciated

I have recently upped my exercise and my knees have started to ache a little bit sometimes, which does improve if I have a rest day, so i am considering taking a joint supplement.

I have heard Human Cortaflex is good which is a glucosamine chondroitin supplement which I notice some of you take. I will look into the others that have been recommended too :smile:

I am starting Insanity at the end of the year so I am trying to prepare myself in every way possible :smile:

Thanks again
    :flowerforyou:
  • Skyrocket123
    Skyrocket123 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Actually Cortaflex might be a good shout (but expensive).
    I used to give it to my old mare Polly and she was soooo arthritic and it was great for her.
    Green lipped mussel extract is also good.
    I think I need to trip to a health food shop because I definitely will be needing a joint supplement! xx