Tracking even when eating bad??

Options
So I binged last night and still felt the need to track, I think you can see it on my diary. I ended up eating 3200 calories for the day!!! Pretty sad and pathetic actually. Anyone else feel the need to torture themselves???

Replies

• Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I really don't look at it as torture. More of a reinforcement of why I don't eat like that anymore. The next day I'm always dragging my rear because of bloat or just generally still being to full.
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    I log every day - no matter if it was a good or bad day. For me personally, it's just a good way to keep me on track and honest!
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I have terrible weekends, as long as you are under for the rest of the week then you can have the odd bad day.
  • GkMusic
    GkMusic Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This is one thing I am trying to get better at. I think it's important that you track EVERYTHING; the good, the bad, the ugly. That way you can actually see where you went wrong and have a visual reminder of which certain foods you binged on.
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I have terrible weekends, as long as you are under for the rest of the week then you can have the odd bad day.

me too -- but regardless - you should always journal.

For me, I see exactly how quickly things add up, and how little food I actually ate for all of those calories (imagine what 3300 calories of clean food would look like). It keeps me honest and affirms why I journal in the first place. In fact, I think recording every single thing I put in my mouth is 75% of the battle - when I do that - the other stuff seems to fall in place.
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Logging every day is the only way I am learning how to be honest about what I put into my body. As a science nerd, I have always loved searching for the facts, except when it comes to my own behavior. I have fooled myself for many years into believing I didn't eat "THAT unhealthily." But the facts do not lie. I have spent years binge eating sugar, sodium, fat, and carbs. I see it now.

By tracking EVERYTHING I eat and drink, I am choosing to be honest with myself about the mess I have created for myself, and exactly how I did it. It is the only way I can learn to make healthier choices. I need to know how bad the bad choices are in order to be motivated to choose better the next time. But maybe that's just me.
  • ParkersMomma2010
    ParkersMomma2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Good for you on logging those calories. This is where I fall short and am trying to improve. Sometimes I feel well maybe if I dont log the calories of that giant piece of cheesecake I just ate it didnt really happen. Proud of you!
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I log everything, no matter what.
  • cal1973
    cal1973 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel well maybe if I dont log the calories of that giant piece of cheesecake I just ate it didnt really happen.

:laugh: So pleased i'm not alone on this one
  • ShleeeBaby
    Options
    I appreciate a cheat meal every now and then, but it makes me honest to myself to log it. What fun is it to keep all the things you enjoy off limits. But only in moderation. This weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint! :)
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I had one really bad day towards the begining of my MFP journey (only a few weeks ago) where I had just decided not to track what I ate for that day but the next day I felt guilty so I went in and logged everything I had ate the day before and it ended up being 3000+ calories!! I was so glad I did it though b/c now I can look back at that day and remind myself how easy it is to go overboard if you don't pay attention. I haven't been in the red since!!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Great job tracking the binge!...The point is to track everything even if it's a binge. One can only harm themselves by ignoring it or pretending it didn't happen and not tracking it. Having record of it may help you avoid future binges.