Hello out there.

Options
Just introducing myself, before I forget who I am. I gained 20 pounds in 4 months. What happened? I cannot seem to diet, or at least stay with a diet. I cannot use artifical sweetners because they give me brutal headaches. I love chocolate candy. It is assessable to me 24 hours a day. HELP! I am trying to learn about high protein, low carb diets. I do not eat beef or pork, but I know there has to be a diet out there for me. I do not drink soda, just coffee, water, tea (w a little honey). Help somebody. I have no clothing to wear to work.:sad:

Replies

• sunshinekind
    Options
    I know when I was tempted (I used to work at a cafe, always surrounded by cookies and all kinds of goodies) I would keep an apple or some kind of small sweet fruit (an orange or clementine is good too) in my bag. This way if I had that big sweet craving, I could eat something to fill up and get all the benefits of fruit instead. When I NEED chocolate, like feel like I'll die without something sweet, those Quaker Oat bars with chocolate chips are small and around 100 calories. Substitution is key. Also, another tip because I'm having trouble with this again also, is just try to remember that if you are really hungry and have good stuff available, you'll eat it. If you feel like you can't eat a whole apple for instance, but are considering going out for ice cream, then you aren't hungry, you're craving sugar because it's addicting. I know once I focus on hunger in that way, it helps me gauge what I really need.
  • coffeyhe
    coffeyhe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think you will find this site wonderful for meeting your goals! I gained a ton of weight when I got sick ten years ago and have found MFP very helpful in my goal of losing 140 lbs. Taking a day at a time, but feel good I am actually doing something. I wish you all the best!